1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official: Kamala Harris for President thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jan 21, 2019.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

No money. She just can't

baller4life315 likes this.
  3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

cold-blooded.

Deckard, Nook and justtxyank like this.
  4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

That is SAVAGE

5. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

6. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

I feel for Yang. He is getting the Ron Paul treatment. At least Tulsi is throwing daggers in her defense.

7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you missed this in the comments

Nook likes this.
  8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I still can't believe she dropped out and so soon after that scathing account of the inner workings of her campaign. I would have thought Kamala would have stayed in the game just to prove people wrong. It must have been even worse than that letter.

She was polling in the single digits and still media was treating her as a front runner. Media would have tried to carry her as long as she wanted to run.

9. justtxyank

Yang is barely registering in polls.

I like the guy, I really do, but he has not made a dent. Ron Paul set fundraising records when he ran and was consistently finishing high in straw polls. And he was STILL ignored because his polling was really weak overall.

Yang doesn't place in the top 5 in Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Nevada, California, Texas or North Carolina. He's single digits in every single one of these states ranking behind basically everyone that matters.

How much attention should the media pay him? I guess I just see this differently. I don't think debates and coverage should treat all candidates equally.

10. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

Not watering anything down. Yes, they are both black. More than that, their solidarity was clear during debates, not sure they disagreed on much of anything. Mostly, my point was whether or not this would move Kamala’s support towards Booker rather than to Biden, who has the most black support up to now. Color doesn’t matter to me but it does to many, let’s see what happens. I have no idea, that’s why I threw it out there.

As another difference between Booker and others you may want to put in the moderate “lane”, he is running a bit of an inspirational campaign, more like Beto (IMO), than anyone else that has campaigned.

But anyway, label me a racist if you want.

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Campaigning isnt just about campaigning. Its part of the test. It has a lot of similarities to running an administration. If her campaign is falling apart because of management than its a deal breaker

Part of the issue with the campaign management is letting people go with no notice. Let the rest of the workers get on with life

JuanValdez and Nook like this.
  12. justtxyank

I don't think it makes you a racist to lump them in together because of their race. Most of the media has been repeatedly flummoxed why these two black candidates aren't getting the black vote. People seem to really be ignorant about how the black vote works.

"Oh just run a black person out there and have them the play the race card and all the blacks will line up! JUST LIKE OBAMA!" Except that ignores entirely how/what Obama did in his campaign and ignores the reality of what was/wasn't working with Harris and Booker. Basically neither one of them has been able to dent Biden. They are trying to steal HIS lane and basically no other cars can fit. It frustrates people, on this forum and everywhere else.

FrontRunner, Nook, Rashmon and 2 others like this.
  13. Major

Major Member

She wasn't being treated like a front runner by anyone. The media consistently has portrayed a big 4: Biden, Warren, Sanders, and now Pete. Bloomberg gets more attention than Harris.

jiggyfly likes this.
  14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Man you Bernie people are getting me officially worried.

You are coming in here lying like the Trump guys,, No media was treating her like a front runner they were talking about how she has fallen.

You Bernie people twist the truth just as much as the Trumpers, the media was finished with her when she fell out of the top 3.

Do better.

TheFreak likes this.
  16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

You're not racist. I was kidding.

Neither candidate got much traction. Black voters are largely backing Biden. I could see Booker or Harris as a Biden VP, though.

17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I missed that.

Epic.

18. justtxyank

She was pretty consistently treated as a top candidate. Definitely not a front runner, but for sure as a real candidate despite where she is. Hell today there is hand wringing all over social media among blue checks about her being "forced out" and how "unfair" the process is. It's ridiculous.

Biden feels similar to McCain's candidacy where all these random people kept popping as an alternative and then they'd fall off when people took a closer look.

I for one am glad to see Kamala go. I think her attack on Biden on race was outrageous and I think her obsession with getting Trump banned from twitter was ludicrous and I think her disdain for arguments about Constitutional restraints was alarming.

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

As recently as the last debate, polling in single digits, just marginally better than Tulsi Gabbard, MSNBC had Kamala sitting with them post game talking like she was still in the hunt as if she was a front runner. Kamala threw jabs at Tulsi like she wasn't on her level. Come on man. Don't be mad. There is no twisting of the facts.

not once did the media say Kamala should drop out due to her very bad standing in the poles. Not once. That's why this is so shocking.

Stop using "you Bernie people" in the pejorative.

20. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

Nope, not frustrated. Black folk, like anybody else, can think for themselves. I just believe that Biden is toast. The black support will have to shift somewhere if that’s the case. Maybe Bernie or Elizabeth get a boost... dunno.