1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Hawks @ Rockets 11/30/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

McLemore is two different players as a starter vs bench, offensively at least.

45% 3PT vs 29% 3PT overall.

2. SemisolidSnake

Paraphrasing, he said it's downright pathetic and shameful for an NBA team, the top of the top in the sport, to put up an effort like the Hawks did tonight. He didn't take away anything from how great the Rockets and James did, but he said and later reiterated that the Hawks just put up an abysmal effort especially after their attempt to double team James failed early in the game. He said any fan should be unhappy with that sort of performance. I love how Calvin doesn't mince words.

IvanLCPM, Deckard, Jake Tower and 6 others like this.
  3. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly, the Hawks are terrible. And yet Young is getting so much love..he’s nowhere near as good of a player as Harden or Curry (or Luka) yet. I’d love to have him but at this point he’s pretty much still just a big stats on a shitty team guy. Obviously I think he’ll be a STAR someday but he can’t carry a team as he is now.

roslolian and YallMean like this.
  4. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Rockets highlights with ATL commentators. They do get salty towards the end.

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

Dallas Mavs won more games last year before Porzingis than Hawks are on track this year.

Keep in mind Hawks are in the LEAST if they played in the West they might have just 1 win right now.

6. Houstunna

Supporting Member

7. cdxiong

cdxiong Contributing Member

Love this type of game. ORtg boosted by 2 points to 113.7 and Drtg was down a little bit too.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Clemons only had 1 fewer rebound than tyson. 1-0.

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  9. Houstunna

Supporting Member

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

I dont even know if he will he able to carry a team ever. There's a reason pgs who make the max dont lead a team to a ring and Young is gonna be another overpaid dude in the East, aka the same conference Jrue Holiday was good enough to be an allstar.

11. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Those commentators were salty as hell. How about they start complaining about how their team is down by 50 plus points in the 3rd quarter and not about Harden wanting his career high? I think the fact Harden chose not to go for a career high shows how respectful he truly is.

If Harden really wanted to an 80 point game, he could have easily stayed in. I wish he did stay in just so he could rub more salt into their wounds.

D-rock, hakeem94, Tfor3 and 2 others like this.
  12. Houstunna

Supporting Member

13. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Lol at the announcer (I think it's Dominique?) Calling out coach deontoni saying it's unprofessional. Wouldn't knowing how to pronounce the coaches name be part of the professionalism of a announcer ? And I am sure there was never a time when Dominique didn't try to break his career high

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  14. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

ok let's get off the gas. he has a pretty good guy in Collins suspended n a young coach. this guy gonna be as good as curry...book it. he quick can pass better then curry n has deep range. curry it 5ook alot pf peices for him to win too.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. macan

macan Member

i can watch Cayleigh all day everyday.

16. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No Clint, House, or EGO, no problem!

You know it's an awesome game when James hits his 60th point in 23 FG attempts and the other team only has 70 pts total. Its even better when it's only the 3rd quarter. OMG!!! James was unreal tonight!!

Impressive showing by almost everyone tonight. McLemore had a great game, and I liked it. How about Clemons with 16 points in 15 minutes. Not bad little man. Not bad at all. My only disappointment other than Clark's 3 pt shooting was when Hartenstein finally took that 3 pt. shot I've been waiting for and missed. Oh well, maybe next time.

I hope you aren't a betting man, and hopefully you have more faith in our bench next time.

17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Even that clown Eddie Johnson says he has no complaints about James' performance :

D-rock, Os Trigonum and BaselineFade like this.
  19. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

My man Harden's face better b plaster all over the ESPN NBA as the frontline after that historic game.

60 points in 31 mins, a feat almost all players wished they could even come close.

D-rock, Houstunna and Hakeemtheking like this.
  20. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

And the Rockets remain undefeated in games in which Hartenstein plays meaningful minutes.

D-rock, hakeem94, deb4rockets and 6 others like this.