1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Buc release CB Hargreaves [Update: Claimed by Texans]

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DaDakota, Nov 12, 2019.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Good.

DD

Rudyc281 likes this.
  2. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Kiss my ass. No, kiss my BLACK ass you condescending PRICK. I find assholes like you, who think they know something.....usually wrong.

Seriously, You cap argument is nice.....but irrelevant to the conversation. He is talking about the trades not improving the Texans. Those trades improved the Texans. How much? Is yet to be determined.

A new CBA will kicking in around 2021....and QB's may be OUTSIDE the cap.

The cap is not an issue when you have $90+ million next year and you haven't spent much money in the recent past. At some point, you have to think about the NOW. They are still on Watson's rookie contract. Any extension won't kick in until AFTER 2021. I would rather take a PROVEN Tunsil over some #1 pick in the 20s that has a 50% chance of being a BUST.
    3rd contracts for stars? Who? There are very FEW players that get a 3rd contract with the same team outside of QBs. As for 2nd contract, Texans have money to sign players you want to keep now.

1st round picks are nice, but young, PROVEN players are EVEN BETTER. Especially, when you get 1, 2, or 2 1/2 years on their original contract.

Edit: I hate autocorrect.....carry on.

#82 Mr.Scarface, Nov 14, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
    raining threes likes this.
  3. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

BigShasta likes this.
  4. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Mr Scarface just about 1 year ago:

I guess that makes you pro fools?

Mr Scarface a little less than a year ago:

Clearly your predictive powers are top notch tell us the future, oh swami.

Another beauty:

You are consistent, I guess, in that whatever the Texans do, you've always been for it... even if you were against it last week.

#84 Ottomaton, Nov 14, 2019
    Buck Turgidson, meh and donkeypunch like this.
  5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

And I was wrong. No problem admitting it. What I didn't know what Clowney was asking for. I wouldn't have paid that either.

And yet, Still has nothing to do with conversation today, draft picks and cap space for other players.

Why, because you have no argument to support his position.

6. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

Wrong thread

7. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

You stuck your nose in the wrong thread and such you have nothing of worth to say.

8. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

I hear if you have the last s**t talking post on a thread, that means you won. Good job!

#88 Ottomaton, Nov 14, 2019
  9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

If Tunsil, Stills, Gareon continue to play well and Hargreaves comes in matching their intensity, none of those picks will matter. Thus all of this arguing will be for nothing. Probably best to just stop now. Wait and see how things turn out.

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

People will care if the team is mediocre because it gets worse due to lacking draft picks and capspace

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Except the team is already good.

Rudyc281 and raining threes like this.
  12. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

If you aunt had balls, she would be your uncle. IF IF IF. I'm going to go out on the limb and say this team won't be mediocre.....as long as Watson is the QB.

coachbadlee and raining threes like this.
  13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

There is an issue with considering Tunsil a first round pick.

I understand the argument, the problem is...he isn't. If he was truly a first round pick in 2020 he'd be under team control for a lot longer a lot cheaper, as it stands AFTER 2020 we will have to pay him, likely, an astronomical amount at this rate, his cap hit and salary is going to skyrocket in 2020...

So no, no he's not like a 2020 first round pick. It would have been more valuable for the team in the long run to draft a player of Tunsil's caliber in 2020.

Do not come back and tell me "Well, what are the chances of drafting that player..." I understand, and agree, but I'm just speaking on the reality of the situaiton. The Texans took a huge gamble with Tunsil, fact. So far, it has paid off, and if the Texans were to win a superbowl this year or next, no one will care what we traded for him.

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The team leads the division.

raining threes likes this.
  15. raining threes

You do know the salary cap is going up an estimated 20 million after the next CBA is signed. Plus they will get another 6 million after letting JoJo walk and another 6.5 million if they let Mercilus walk in addition to the massive amount of cap space they already have. The cap space should be the least of your worries.

16. raining threes

Proven to be a false post.

17. raining threes

They have 90 million in cap space, the cap is going to go up another 20 million with the new CBA, they can clear 5 million letting JoJo go and another 6.5 million letting Mercilus go. They have more than enough cap space to sign Watson/Tunsil/Roby. Protecting Watson is job #1 because without him you have nothing. It costs to get top notch talent to protect Watson in both trade and draft capital.

18. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

I agree that if they cut their best (only?) pass rusher and dont have high draft picks to replace him with, cap space will not be their biggest concern.

I dont want to pick a fight with you but I am reminded of all the people arguing this summer that the Texans were SET at WR with Will Fuller and Kiki Coutee next to Hopkins. I don't think that worked out quite as well as some of the more optimistic projections. I dont think expecting them to be able to pull a Justin Reed in the third round every to replace cut stars is a good bet.

The thing is, we won't be able to show anything for two years, and by then I expect people won't even remember what they are arguing now, so let's just say we fundimentally see things differently.

If you dont act like a d**k to people who disagree with you, I'll try and stay on the sidelines. Maybe you are right and all 30 dice roll sixes and I feel like a moron.

#98 Ottomaton, Nov 14, 2019
    justtxyank likes this.
  19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

How good? They went all in on this year and aren't even considered serious contenders

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I disagree. I think they are contenders. They are getting better every game. Plus with Watson at the helm, anything is possible.

raining threes and Rudyc281 like this.