1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Parking your stupid big ass truck and backing it in everytime wtf?!?!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by IBTL, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Buck Turgidson

I just tested this hypothesis at HEB and it has been proven false.

IBTL likes this.
  2. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Awww yes... the open space drive thru and park.

Always funny when people don’t take advantage of that.

No backing necessary. Just be careful the lanes aren’t one way traffic as you will the wrong direction.

IBTL and Buck Turgidson like this.
  3. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

F150 Supercrew driver here, and I've found backing in is just easier especially in smaller parking lots. It's tough to swing wide to land in the spot straight.

I can actually get into a spot quicker backing in than I can pulling in front first, and then having to back up, realign, and get it straight in the spot.

leroy, Blurr#7 and ThatBoyNick like this.
  4. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

If fairness, you’re either backing in to park or backing out to leave.

A better argument might be this.... If you back your huge ass truck up to a curb, the back end of the truck hangs over the side walk to the point where it’s very difficult for walk past and almost impossible for someone in a wheel chair.

5. body slam

body slam Member

If you are going to back in to a curb spot with a side walk. Please remove the knee knocker receiver hitch.

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you know who I hate? people who parallel park. human scum

7. Buck Turgidson

Huh. I tend to hate people who can't parallel park.

Falcons Talon and Houstunna like this.
  8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it's all bad

Nook likes this.
  9. MystikArkitect

The worst are when you're on an on ramp and the line is backed up so that it's already next to you as you're trying to merge (thanks 59 and 610). And the dudes dont want to let you in like you're cutting them off. Bro I literally just got on and it's already backed up to here. I dont know what else to do.

10. CCorn

CCorn Member

I drive a Ram 1500. Nothing too large. It is easier to back in. I usually just park in the back though so I can pull through. No need to waste time looking for an open spot. People that think they’re saving time by finding a closer spot are weirdos like this @Ziggy fellow who sounds like he has small penis syndrome.

Nook likes this.
  11. likestohypeguy

Finding closer spots is playing Pee pee games.

12. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I normally won't try to back in if there's someone directly behind me as I know it tends to irritate people. I can get irritated myself if I think someone is passing a spot just to see them throw on the reverse lights after I think they're not going to park there.

I was walking through Memorial City Mall's parking lot a while back and came across a guy arguing with a lady over a parking spot. Apparently the guy pulled past, put it in reverse to back in and at that point the lady behind him snuck into the spot. The lady was telling him that he obviously passed the spot and then decided he wanted it after, which may be the truth if he gave her that much room to make it into the spot with him trying to back into it. Either way I found the argument amusing.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I never said anything about finding a closer spot. I said you're a loser if you drive a big ass truck.

14. likestohypeguy

I misunderstood his angle Ziggy thought he was joking, in quoting your oft used "pee pee games" line.

15. CCorn

CCorn Member

I’m just confused. I thought he was an aggy and that they all circle jerk to big trucks

Nook likes this.
  16. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Sorry. I use it to tow my boat often and it's more convenient to just leave it on, but I make it a point to not stick the ball into walking lanes.

body slam likes this.
  17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Nah, not this Aggie. H-Tine Aggies are normal. The ones from outside the Beltway have problems just like everyone else outside of the Beltway.

18. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

That’s a very broad brush you’re stroking, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Verlander has a supermodel wife who was rich before they ever met. The chances of his being a loser are slim to none.

Texas has more trucks than any other state — total amount and percentage of vehicles. Typically if one can afford a bigger truck, they will buy it.

Are you saying Texas is a loser state? If so, that’s cool. Just be consistent.

19. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

So no more inner loop? Now it's inside the Beltway? Lol

20. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

The sprawl iz real....

Nook and Houstunna like this.