1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] CW's Batwoman is the worst show of 2019

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jayhow92, Oct 21, 2019.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It has to be Noir and dark..... something creative as Attack on Titan.

If they make Ruby Rose into Nolan's female version of Bale, yeah, sure.

An anti hero vigilante, without any martial arts skillz, until she finds a secluded monastery or dojo.

2. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Batwoman had 1.8 million viewers for the pilot. I think usually new shows get around a 6 episode order, but they picked up the full 22 episode season 3 weeks in so I would assume they were pleased with the ratings and ad revenue coming in.

There was an article in 2016 that said the DC shows on the channel make a billion dollar profit per season for WB.

I know Flash has a seasonal budget of around 70 million so I would assume most of the others do as well.

The Arrowverse shows are doing a 5 hour crossover this year so I think business is good over there at CW and they actually went to 6 nights of programming last year after only doing 5 nights since the network started back in the early 2000's.

DreamShook and daywalker02 like this.
  3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Every other thing I was seeing was saying 1.8 million was low for a pilot
    and that it went down from there

I dunno enough to say one way or the other

Rocket River

4. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

I'm DVRing it..but only because I'm too lazy to go in the settings and cancel it. Got through 1 episode and that was enough for me.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

This better than the movie?

Ubiquitin likes this.
  6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It's a CW show. What do you expect besides ultimate cheese teen drama tropes?

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Honestly. . .. I watch YouTube videos of people who are Hate Watching
    They are hilarious.

This guy just keeps going off on it.

So much hate for the show on the youtubes
    it is so funny to see people who go out of their way to hate the show

Rocket RIver

King1 likes this.
  8. Beezy

Beezy Member

It's been stated by several content creators that "hate" videos on YouTube get WAY more views than normal reviews, which means more money for them.

Rocket River likes this.
  9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Right? Like COMMANDO. Ever watch it using the pause button a lot? Never seen so many gaffes.

da_juice and B-Bob like this.
  10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

probably right
    easier to be funny lampooning a show
    than fan girling about it

Rocket River

11. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I watched the first 2 episodes so far. There are things I like things a don’t like. Writing is either lazy or just bad which is typical for a DC based comic series on CW IMO. I think the basic plot is pretty decent; just bad writing. The lead actress isn’t particularly good IMO but I think she is a slave to bad scripts.

Arrow and Flash suffer from the same problems in my opinion but the shows continue to be entertaining despite that. Maybe they are just entertaining due to the subject matter and decent production value but still entertaining regardless. So far I kind of feel the same way about Batwoman, although I could have sworn she was supposed to be Batgirl not Batwoman.

Additionally it feels like there are some SJW undertones but could just be hypersensitivity on my part as a result of todays political atmosphere. Bat”girl” was Barbara Gordon, daughter of Police Commissioner Gordon. Bat”woman”, who is the lesbian cousin of Bruce Wayne, probably feels like an unnecessary deviation from the comic to purists. Having said that, I’m not a purist and it doesn’t bother me at all.

So far the production value is pretty good (with the exception of the Batgirl costume) and I find it entertaining despite the bad writing. I’ll probably stick with it for a while but even Arrow and Flash lost me after a few seasons because each episode looked like a mirror image of the last and I got bored.

I wish the CW producers would look at Netflix series Jesica Jones and Daredevil. I thought those two series had excellent writing and good acting.

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

That isn't a deviation that is the comic book.

RKREBORN likes this.
  13. likestohypeguy

14. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Have you bothered to watch the first few seasons of Arrow and Flash? Though the recent quality has declined quite a bit, the first few seasons of those were stellar.

Are you serious? Batwoman is a totally different character from Batgirl.

Marvel bias much?

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I will be forever in your debt. Had never seen it or wanted to see it. But it’s a gold mine, from choreography, to script to sound effects and on.

16. Buck Turgidson

Wait, whoa...

You've never seen Commando?

DonkeyMagic likes this.
  17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

You know... I watched another clip from earlier in the movie where he kills some dude and makes it looks like dude is sleeping ("he'd dead tired") and I remember that line somehow, maybe via someone forwarding me the clip. But no, I don't think I'd ever seen Arnie pile-driving a whole phonebooth or leaping off the wheels of a plane etc. Just amazing.

In a clip where he kills a green beret ("I eat green berets for breakfast. And. I am. very hungry.") you can see a camera set up near a bed during part of the fight. I mean... this is incredible. The 1980's at their bestest worstest.

18. Buck Turgidson

You haven't even mentioned most of the best stuff.

"I thought you told me you'd kill me last?" "I lied." (proceeds to drop guy off cliff)

Arnie getting cornered in a toolshed and and then killing guys with various yard rakes and such.

This guy. The bad guy. He wears chain mail over a cutoff black tshirt the entire movie.

[​IMG]

eta: posted for @B-Bob without comment

#38 Buck Turgidson, Nov 3, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
    B-Bob likes this.
  19. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Funny thing about this, I almost never watch shows I hate or think or really bad, especially after the 1st or 2nd episodes. Hell, sometimes, I don't even get pass the first 10 or 15 minutes, if it's bad enough. I might make a video about it, once. NOPE, not a second one unless make fun of it. But to be angry about a third rate CW show, ROTF.

20. Juxtaposed Jolt

Disagreed with the Flash. First season was amazing. Second season became a backdoor pilot for Legends of Tomorrow, essentially. And from the third season onwards, it became thoughtless, imo.