1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets 10/28/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 28, 2019.

1. jowman

jowman Member

It’s game 3 relax, he’ll have some good games to average it out. No one had a problem when his points per possession was thru the roof last year.

Plus it ain’t like those open guys are hitting open shots either. Tucker is the only one that’s been shooting well so far.

DavidRocket, Patience and HP3 like this.
  2. riko

riko Member

Harden great second half. Played with purpose and the connection he had with Russ was extraordinary. He moved better off the ball and cranked it up on defense. Still took to many threes but I like the fact he attacked the bucket. This guy can get 40-7 even when he is playing nowhere near his best

Brodie loved his hustle and energy again. To have this guy as you’re second best player is a amazing luxury to have

Gordon awful
    Clint awful and soft despite an occasional good play

Bench is god damn putrid

3. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

From my perspective, it looks like:

1. The team is still in an adjustment period due to new teammates and an entirely new coaching staff

2. Early season adjustments to how the refs are calling things this year.

3. Shaking the rust off

They looked better at points in this game, but I still see a lot of hesitation both on the offense and defense. To my eyes, it’s getting better each game. I’m encouraged so far.

4. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Come on now you are just being ridiculous. Every person on here knows Harden gets very lazy at times, hunts for whistles, decides when to play defense and when not to. Oh and my favorite I’m guna casually chill at half court while the rest of the guys go 4 vs 5 on offense. It’s completely mental. It’s 1000000000% effort. The rockets are unbeatable when James in moving, engaged and giving maximum effort all the time and we have seen him do it a million times. Right now he is going thru his motions like it’s no big deal.

jcf and fchowd0311 like this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

best player of all times, had a bad game still dropped efficient 40 points and got a win

DavidRocket likes this.
  6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

1. He falls apart mentally when calls aren't going his way. Hell allow multiple possessions on defense to go by him while arguing with refs. It's a like a snowball rolling down hill with Harden when he's struggling. He can't find other ways to get back in a game besides just shooting himself out of it hence why he either has amazing games or atrocious games.

2. His brain and motor shuts off as soon as the ball isn't in his hand.

3. He hardly ever runs with the team on transition offense and defense.

4. He ball watches on defense so many times with slow feet

He's one of if not the best scorer in the league when the ball is in his hands but he's so horrible outside that aspect of basketball.

ksny15 likes this.
  7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

yeah and blame the oppsing team. you donb't want your opponent go the line? then don't foul him

amaru likes this.
  8. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

Yeah, Clutch was wrong. Didn’t understand all of the angst

9. vlaurelio

you hid from your laziest thread and now you bringing these up again hater

I already showed you without the ball, harden's hustle and effort are as good or even better than your saviors lebron kd steph and kawhi

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. amaru

amaru Member

I didn’t watch every single play but I honestly don’t remember one shooting foul that was called not looking legit.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

Since so many believed that Tilman forced Morey to do the Russ trade, shouldn’t Tilman be getting props? I’m just saying...

hakeem94, cheke64, amaru and 2 others like this.
  12. HP3

HP3 Member

I.....uh you're amazing LOL.

amaru likes this.
  13. amaru

amaru Member

10-44 from deep. Damn that fugly. :oops: Please basketball gods, let us get back to our average

14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I feel sorry for you if you think Harden hustles as much as those guys when they don't have the ball in their hands. Those three guys don't pull a TMac in Toronto game on a regular basis.

Especially Kawhi. Dude has highlight reels of epic chase down blocks out of nowhere and you want to compare him to Harden in terms of energy and hustle? Really? Harden is a far superior shot maker than Kawhi but it shows how rose colored tinted your glasses are for comparing Harden's effort to Kawhi's.

bro2044 likes this.
  15. amaru

amaru Member

Suck it Tilman haters! o_O

16. vlaurelio

we know the whole and refs are keeping a close eye on harden.. so I'm certain 99% of those fouls are legit

amaru likes this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

[​IMG]

amaru and HP3 like this.
  18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

That's what I was about to say. Morey was so against this, remember those leaks?

19. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

If you want a good pre-halloween scare just look at Harden's numbers so far this season.

27% fg 15% 3 pt 6.4 TO's a game. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

For the sake of this team & our sanity I pray he finds his rhythm ASAP

amaru likes this.
  20. vlaurelio

highlights? yeah that harden defense highlight..

lets talk about hard cold facts.. numbers from 1 whole season