1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] World Series: Astros vs. Nationals

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Major

Major Member

Buck Turgidson and RustyHarden like this.
  2. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

Quite the talent. Sending D-Mo a sympathy card now...

3. Handles

Handles Member

Somehow I was never exposed to baby shark until this series. Maybe cause I don’t have kids and I avoid most social media. Idk.

All I know is I’m happy for the series to be back in Houston because baby shark is one of the most stupid things I’ve ever seen or heard. Seriously how did that corny song ever become popular with nats fans? It embarrassed me and I’m not even a fan of nats...

Houstunna, Eric Riley, jklb and 5 others like this.
  4. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Rest up Astros. I fully expect them to end this series tomorrow.
    I fully expect the Nats to be on the ropes taking a barrage of blows as they fall to the mat.
    That magic (potion) carpet ride they were on is over and the Astros are done playing.....literally as of late Tue night.
    Go Astros!

HP3, mikol13, cwebbster and 1 other person like this.
  5. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Only the first 5 games...Astros are the 3rd team in MLB history to lose the first 2 World Series games at home and win the next 3 on the road. The Yankees last did it in 1996. Both times, the team that won those 3 road games finished off the series in game 6 at home. Let's make it 3 for 3 for teams in this group with a win tomorrow.

BruceAndre, solid, mikol13 and 3 others like this.
  6. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

As I understand it, a Nats player was in a major slump and as a joke used Baby Shark (his child's fav song) as his intro music one game and then busted out, so it stuck and caught on.

Also used by a Florida city to chase bums out of its parks: https://www.delawareonline.com/stor...ep-homeless-out-city-park-florida/1754316001/

SLRokJok and RustyHarden like this.
  7. Mattician

Mattician Member

Need a clean first inning from Verlander.

Eric Riley, mkahanek, mikol13 and 8 others like this.
  8. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

Same.

HP3 likes this.
  9. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Funny, the Nats didn't feel 'cheated' when home plate ump didn't call catcher's interference on Suzuki/Nats in game 1 that could have propelled the Astros to a game 1 victory.

With the game tied at two, runner on first and one out in the fourth inning, Reddick swung at Max Scherzer's first pitch and his bat made contact with catcher Kurt Suzuki's glove – which should have been called catcher's interference with Reddick being awarded first base.

"I think it should be something that needs to be looked at because, you look at last night and that inning keeps moving on," Reddick said Wednesday. "Hundred percent it should be a reviewable play."
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...nce-world-series-astros-nationals/4078048002/

Houstunna and solid like this.
  11. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

Five stars for the investigative reporting this board desperately needs!

12. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

These posters would fit in perfectly with our politicians.

13. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id...e-call-game-5-illustrates-mlb-need-robot-umps

This article is the headliner on ESPNs MLB page. I find it hilarious that one strike call, in a 4-1 game with 2 outs and the bottom of the order coming up still even if he walks there, is the call that he finds so outrageous that we need to blow the entire system up. Yeah that really changed the outcome of the game, it was the reason Hudson put a fastball on a tee to Springer too right after that.

Anyhow, I was talking about the exact Reddick play earlier to a friend who was complaining about that ESPN article - how about we fix the issues with the current reviewable plays and make plays that are obviously overturn-able like Reddicks CI or Gary Sánchez missing a ball by two feet and getting another chance in a pivotal moment of a game/series. Luckily we don’t have robot umpires yet because the human element correctly issued a make up call right after on Sánchez otherwise we may not even be in the WS right now.

fiersdownbelow likes this.
  14. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

He was just hot at the right time and had several big HR/hits in the WS. He’s always been a LHP masher I believe but isn’t really an every day caliber player.

15. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

HP3, Handles, DaDakota and 1 other person like this.
  16. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

WFAN just reported that Scherzer is most likely done for the remainder of the WS.

jklb, solid and DaDakota like this.
  17. SemisolidSnake

I was a little surprised, but it is indeed not listed as a reviewable play. Here are all the replay rules. HBP is a reviewable play, and remember that Altuve was grazed by a pitch in a previous game. Foul tips actually are not, amazingly. Foul tips and catcher's interference should be added to the list reviewable plays. C.I. really should be called the "Reddick Inclusion," because Josh does this more than anyone in the league.

18. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Huh? Leave you alone? Na...you too easy.

19. AznH-TownFan

AznH-TownFan Member

I have no problem with baby shark song. I have younger nieces and employee’s kid that listen to the song all day. It’s corny but it’s fun. I have more issue with Soto act at the plate. Or their stupid ass celebration in the dugout while losing 4-1 and about to be down 3-2 in the series. That’s as stupid as a football player celebrating a TD while his team is down by 21 points in the 4th quarter.

jklb and fiersdownbelow like this.
  20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member