1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] World Series: Astros vs. Nationals

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 22, 2019.

1. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I literally lub jose Luis hernandez urquidy.

Fulgore and punkoholic like this.
  2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Man it was good to beat the **** out of them in their park to return the game 2 favor. What a huge win.

3. elrond

elrond Member

So is there a story on why Urquidy changed his name to his mother's maiden name?

4. MystikArkitect

Nats fans are mad at Rodney but look at the location of the pitch. You'll take that 9/10 times. Bregman just dug it out.

Just glad that we finally put them in their place. Astros look focused for the first time this post season.

Houstunna, crose, mikol13 and 2 others like this.
  5. AstrosRockets1818

To honor her

6. AstrosRockets1818

The best team always wins a 7 game series.

One at a time.

Clutch City

No Worries and Jake Tower like this.
  7. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

yeah, ignore my post addressing Fandom. I will troll your dumb ass and people like you because I can. And I don’t give a damn if you don’t like it. It bothers you I couldn’t careless what u think....lol. I will Always root for the home team...no matter who the coach, owner, or players on the team. I know you can’t say the same.

8. mick fry

mick fry Member

You keep saying this, just tip you cap the guy was pretty good.

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

In baseball the best team absolutely does not always win a 7 game series. Historically great teams have lost series to teams that weren’t nearly as good but just got hot at the right time. 1990 World Series is Exhibit A.

Mkieke likes this.
  10. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Every time I see someone slide into first.
    There are a handful of posters that post like they're miserable watching this, even in the wins. I feel bad for them.

mikol13 likes this.
  11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

They should be mad at their manager.

Putting in Rodney in a game-still-within-reach situation would be like Hinch going to Rondon or Devo. At this rate, they're saving Hudson/Doolittle for situations that theoretically may never happen.

12. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I know that this isn't directed at me but you always **** on the Astros and defend the Texans organization no matter what. You are full of it dude.

Houstunna and mikol13 like this.
  13. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I was able to ask [namedrop]Larry Dierker[/namedrop] about sliding into first. He said it was very frustrating when they do and the only answer he ever got from a player that made some sense was they felt their steps were off and they would have to stutter step to hit the bag.

Tomstro, arkoe and King1 like this.
  14. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Dude please. I have a fan of the Astros for 40+ years. I root for my team however I like. You don’t like it? IDGAF.

15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Nice... was he in the process of calling the bullpen to warm up Elarton again? ;)

RasaqBoi and King1 like this.
  16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Bats have to stay hot at all costs

Chamillionaire and RasaqBoi like this.
  17. King1

King1 Contributing Member

You "have a fan of the Astros for 40+ years"? Probably time to release him dude. That's not cool

Houstunna, dannah, Tomstro and 4 others like this.
  18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That was a great win and glad to see Bregs back. As I said earlier I was very concerned that opponents had figured out something about him so maybe it was just a slump or maybe he's made an adjustment that has brought him back, or maybe Fernando Rodney just returned to his form.. Either way I'm glad to see his bat back!

I was at a halloween party and I was part of a group costume as 80's workout show. The grand slam happened right before we had to do a work out routine as part of a contest. I told my friend if the Stros hadn't won this game I wouldn't have done the routine.. She was pretty happy to hear that as she was already irate I was late getting to the party..

19. Major

Major Member

Interestingly, home teams in the playoffs so far are 13-13. There was a study a while back that said most of home field advantage in sports was the result of a slight bias in refs, rather than any difference in performance of teams. If that's true, it could be that between replay and having the strike zone on TV for everyone to evaluate you, that bias is going down. I'd be curious to see if HFA has dropped over the last 10-15 years as more leagues have adopted replay/etc.

20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We need hats for bats.. Keep bats warm..