1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros Staffer's Outburst at Female Reporters Illustrates MLB's Forgive-and-Forget Attitude Toward D

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Pringles09, Oct 21, 2019.

1. AstrosRockets1818

Mike Vick murdered dogs and played again and is on TV all the time.

2 years from now nobody will remember this dude’s name.

2. phasors28

phasors28 Member

In regards to Allyson Footer, all I ask for is consistency. For example, her approach towards the Astros and Osuna should be the same for the Yankees and Chapman. I doubt she would write the following tweet for Osuna not that he deserves it:

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

He will get another gig as an analyst/consultant. Probably within a year. Deadspin will be the only people who care.

Unless he can't find anyone to vouch for him and/or was actually not competent.

Sports as a business has shown us time and time again that if you can bring home cheddar, you can get away with borderline murder.

This guy was just an *******. It ain't the end of the line for him, not by a long shot.

4. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

5. DonnyMost

Good article.

Particularly important...

The Astros, and Taubman, had a chance to fix this before it exploded in their faces. What a total fail on their part.

6. fiersdownbelow

Go back to asking your dumbass questions after the game, Kenny boy. You’re not a real journalist and real working people who are fans of the game have nothing buy contempt for your selective outrage and elitist hypocrisy.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

It's not enough. They want more.

Astros suddenly have a "culture" problem.

How many of these trash reporters who are suddenly anti-DV activists are donating their time, money, whatever to anti-DV organizations, charities, shelters, whatever? Probably not a doG damn single one of them. Not Jeff Passan, Evan Drellich, Chandler Rome, Hunter Atkins, Jake Kaplan, Ken Rosenthal, Hannah Keyser, Stephanie whateverthe****hernameis, countless other reporters and the SJW on twitter ...they can all shut the **** up and go die in a fire.

Yeah, we're going to play baseball and the rest of you can go **** yourselves.

#727 J.R., Oct 25, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
    fiersdownbelow and RustyHarden like this.
  8. fiersdownbelow

What culture are you watching? I don’t think I’ve ever NOT seen a pathetic, droll apology in one of these scenarios. But that’s the dumbass hypersensitive environment we live in I suppose.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

Two things, it's not likely that MLB will complete a real investigation, no league ever does, they softball it, however, if they did, point number two is that in a real investigation all your dirty laundry comes out so get ready. In a witch hunt things you had long forgotten about get dug up to prove the point and the make the case. And that's the same reason that Footer likely went into hiding and started deleting because she knows, people are about to go digging on both sides to find more.

#729 PhiSlammaJamma, Oct 25, 2019
    Invisible Fan likes this.
  10. mightybosstone

Yes, and you seem like a totally sane, credible human being with a statement like this. Whatever meds you're on, tell your therapist to increase the dosage. They're not working.

11. Senator

Senator Member

They're in the world series. It's the pinnacle of baseball for all involved. Pandering to female journalists sharpshooting an employee over his belligerence is not something you would prioritize. It's easy to look at this in hindsight, after the vultures have gone for blood.

The annoying thing, that jouranlists should be called out on, is how they are trying to make this som ekind of endemic Astros clubhouse cultural issue, while never suggesting that for the Cubs (Russell, Chapman) Yankees etc. They know it's easier to attack a small market team trying to get an upper hand.

RustyHarden likes this.
  12. DonnyMost

The PR department ain't playing baseball right now.

BMoney likes this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

14. fiersdownbelow

Who?

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

#735 J.R., Oct 25, 2019
  16. fiersdownbelow

You’re a joke dude. Seek help.

17. Astrofan59

Astrofan59 Member

It must be terrible that your feelings got that hurt in a message board. On the plus side, you forced me to learn how to ignore somebody.

18. jjwho

jjwho Member

We should not be debating and shouting at eachother through this medium. The internet has been subverted by those that gaine from outrage and clicks. There is no reward for slow brain, pro-social thinking or behavior. Try to keep that in mind and try to imagine that you can only speak civilly to people.

I recently changed my position on yelling at referrees and umpires. It bothered me that my son was seeing how badly those who are asked to be impartial are treated. I realize, lately, that we need an outlet for outrage and they are a repository and safety valve (hopefully).

Let's win tonight!

phasors28 likes this.
  19. MystikArkitect

That guy really has an axe to grind.

20. MystikArkitect

What about Orbit? Should he apologize too?