1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Bucks @ Rockets 10/24/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 22, 2019.

1. icewill36

icewill36 Member

they didn't help us, but you can't control that. the fouls got to harden it seemed and he just started forcing some really bad shots that helped the bucks get going. No idea why EGO was missing so much, but he looked kind of like cp3 first year and coming off the bench. he had an awful shooting year. if he needs to be a starter to get the best of him then i think we need to start him.

2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I hear tell that the guy is an offensive genius though...

3. HP3

HP3 Member

Peter what would i do without your hot takes. I just dont know.

jcf likes this.
  4. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

Dantoni is an offensive genius the same way Bill O'Brien is an offensive genius....

BasketMAD, Mr. Space City and kjayp like this.
  5. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

on a side note...

34 yo PJ posted 38 mins... 2 more than Harden... and 5 mins more than anybody else on either team... #minutemgmt lol

GotGame15 and ak99999 like this.
  6. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I honestly like the new defensive scheme I think we’ll be better than last year.

Should have never taken Clint out down the stretch.

If they got bugs out there Clint needs to be in the game.

Small ball is dead GS is done now you can play a center all game we needed the size for defense.

We got some bad calls but it is what it is.

I thought the D was great and active as hell in the first half.

Second half was okay in the 3rd but bad in the 4th when we went small.

On the bright side rebounding imo is not going to be an issue as long as we keep a center in the game at all times. No more tucker at the 5 please especially against a team playing a 7 ft guy and a 6’10 guy down the stretch. Was just dumb by MDA down the stretch.

The offense is legit the pace and ball movement is very refreshing and come playoff time it won’t be as predictable as a iso.

I’m exited bucks we’re a tough out for us last year we lost both games but we showed tonight we can beat them imo.

Not being a homer but I think this game showed the rockets have a much higher ceiling than the bucks.

We got shore up some stuff on D and harden and Gordon have to shoot better which i think is a no brainer it will happen.

Bucks to me look like a team that is really good but ultimately won’t win because they don’t have a legit 2nd star with Giannis. It worked tonight but I won’t count on splash mountain and ersan going off for combined 20 points in the 4th. That isn’t going to happen in the playoffs or on a regular basis.

Really if we just left Clint in the game we would Have won imo we could have ran more pick and rolls and he would have made it a lot harder on Lopez in the post.

I’m pumped because I didn’t think we looked that good in the preseason. But this game has me excited the potential is sky high. I can’t wait for Saturday. We’ll blow the pelicans out the water.

Russ is a breath of fresh air I love his attacking style and he’s a better passer than iv given him credit for in the past. He really is going to flourish in MDA system with the floor spread and shooter around while still having a lob threat like he did in okc.

Also chandler man. Wow l love nene and he’s still here but it’s night and day how much better he is a backup center to Clint. It’s nice to have a true backup center who can really play rebound and grab any pass high or low and go dunk it.

Thabo and Ben were cool I think in the long run we’ll be better off with them than green. We’re much bigger at the wing than last year. Which is great for our D.

Rockets are getting the 1 seed in the west I really Believe that. I don’t care about 1 loss their will be more but I liked the chemistry and flow for game one with some pretty big new additions.

jojolover, Hakeemtheking and Remlap like this.
  7. Zergling

Zergling Member

Well, and the head coach for continuing to ride him unnecessarily. Stop playing true SGs at the 3 when you have better options (House, Sefalosha)

Reeko likes this.
  8. HP3

HP3 Member

I hope the Bucks dont trade for CP.

9. HP3

HP3 Member

Also, I just wanna say, thinking about the forcing him left scheme. I think Harden just needs a right hand. Thats it, as soon as that scheme is broken, no one will ever be able to stop us ever.

10. Zergling

Zergling Member

At this time of the season I always look forward to seeing what James Harden did to improve on his game. So far... I haven't noticed anything. The fade away one legged three was always more of a marketing ploy than an actual adjustment. It'll be pretty disappointing if he didn't actually do much to improve his game. Still needs to add posting up and midrange to his repertoire.

11. Remlap

Remlap Member

Don't be a knucklehead. Can't argue with the numbers.
    Over the last 3 seasons, only Steve Kerr and the All-Star, 'Kevin Durant' Warriors have a better record.
    That's IT!!! Our record is ONLY second to the stacked Warriors. OVER 3 SEASONS.
    And OUR teams weren't stacked like THAT. That spells S-U-C-C-E-S-S

Name another coach that has won more games in the last 3 seasons?
    I guess if MDA really sucks, then what does that say about the other 28 coaches?

NBA records in 3 pointers made. . .
    Turned Harden into a Superstar MVP. . .
    .700 winning percentage. (this means we had reason to celebrate in 70% of our games)
    I guess we've forgotten Kevin McHale and Bernie Bick pretty quickly
    But for some, 2nd best is pretty horrible. I get it. Either win the ring or be shot, right?

MDA may not be perfect, no. But he's better than most coaches out there.
    We could do FAR worse.
    Seems that some people would cry if their Lamborghini got passed by a Bugatti.

jojolover and HP3 like this.
  12. Remlap

Remlap Member

Harden and Gordon basically shot us out of this game.
    Still close at the end even though we bricked SO many shots (not to mention FT's)

Gotta hand it to them. Their shooters were there when they needed them.
    OUR crew went cold. Harden forcing HORRIBLE shots and Gordo couldn't hit the ocean from the beach.
    Think about it. We MISSED 32 THREE POINTERS!!
    A couple more of those go in and it's a different game. But, MAN, what a bad shooting display

[​IMG]

#1652 Remlap, Oct 25, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
  13. Remlap

Remlap Member

At least GSW lost. So, there's THAT.
    That ALWAYS makes me feel better.

14. Mr. Space City

Harden shooting like crap against that style of defense is not an anomaly.

15. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Seen many good things from the Rockets..and some poor thing as well...especially from a coaching standpoint. One thing I do know forsure, this team has potential to be a very very dangerous and good team.

Game 1 only, but soo much to be excited about.

don grahamleone likes this.
  16. Philter_09

Philter_09 Member

I actually liked when we had Harden, Westbrook, Gordon, House and Tuck in as a unit. It’s gonna click sooner or later, we just needed to hit shots.

don grahamleone likes this.
  17. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Then I think we need to trade him because there's no way he needs to be starting.

18. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

It's a hot take to suggest Kawhi's better defense will help significantly more, homer?

19. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Didn't the Bucks play it first before anyone else tried it?

20. HP3

HP3 Member

Kawhi doesnt sniff Harden as on offensive player. So no I dont think so. I would hate watching his clunky(but effective lol) post ups all game.