1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron: Morey wasn't educated on issue

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Morley, you need to understand....the substance...of...The Situation.

Look into it's eyes. See...le truth...

[​IMG]

2. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

I've tended to be annoyed with Morey for the comments. Just don't have any need for politics poisoning sports like it does everything else. Exposing Lebron is at least one positive that came out of it.

3. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

I'm glad that this whole debacle is exposing the group of people on this forum who are not actual real rocket fans, but just came on board because of a certain player we had years ago.

jordnnnn likes this.
  4. roslolian

roslolian Member

I agree with you I dont want politics in my sports too but Morey just tweeted out something on his own free time he didnt mix sports with politics at all that's why he is blameless in this situation. Why are you annoyed with Morey's comments? Morey is the Rockets gm but guess what he is a person too with his own hobbies, values and beliefs. It's not his fault China decided he is suddenly the living avatar of the NBA and his every thought and action at all times represents the NBA's collective will and intent.

5. malakas

malakas Member

Don't think I have forgotten that YOU called for a poster here to be killed because they were against the CCP.

It's a disgrace that you haven't been banned yet.

clutchdabear likes this.
  6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The Coward King speaks.

This should follow him around forever.

The transition to soulless pitchman is complete. You truly are Jordans heir.

7. malakas

malakas Member

That's why he should resign today.

There is no future for him in this league anymore when Lebron is against him.

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The media is so scared of Lebron and desperate to get quotes from him that they’re about to do a complete 180 and support his comments. Gonna be hilarious.

9. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

Politics have no place in sport, end off.
    People working 9 to 5 to watch the games, not political dramas.

daywalker02 likes this.
  10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

11. Garner

Garner Member

did you, Lebron, have a conversation with Morey about his level of education on the Hk topic? Or are you uneducated in your remarks?

12. MystikArkitect

Lebron, creator of such amazing programming as The Wall and barely a high school graduate, called Morey who founded the MIT Sloan and Sports Conference, uneducated.

Human rights only count when they're not lining your pocket books huh fellas?

13. vick

vick Member

Lebron needs to read Tilmans book. Shut up and Listen. Damn it.

malakas and daywalker02 like this.
  14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Taco Tuesdays are formally banned in all democratic countries including the sovereign, independent nation of Taiwan.

15. jb86

jb86 Member

Its official!!! We are the villains now. Its us verses the world. We need to embrace it and win a championship this season.

BigShasta, snowconeman22 and RasaqBoi like this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Thing Lebron's days as a superstar are almost done, guy is 34.... how many years?

Sajan and Richie_Rich like this.
  17. Possum

Possum Member

only thinking about himself? Lol god I hate this POS! Morey tweets about the human rights of millions of people, lebron loses money, never mind the millions of people Morey was standing up for that was selfish because lebron lost money. So glad this giant Ahole never came to Houston. He belongs in LA.

18. Miracle

Miracle Member

Morey said in his apology: "I was merely voicing one thought, based on one interpretation, of one complicated event. I have had a lot of opportunity since that tweet to hear and consider other perspectives."

Taking that at face value, one could say that Morey was uneducated on different perspectives of the event before he spoke out.

You interpret Morey's "fight for freedom" tweet as "cry for HK to maintain their freedom of speech", while for the Chinese the tweet was interpreted as a direct support of the independence of Hong Kong. There is a huge difference between these understandings. I actually doubt that Morey interpreted "freedom" in the tweet as "freedom of speech", since that has not been in the demands of the HKers as well. If he really interpreted it as this, then he was even more uneducated on the issue than I thought.

#318 Miracle, Oct 15, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
  19. J.R.

J.R. Member

20. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member