1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron: Morey wasn't educated on issue

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Oct 14, 2019.

1. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I’m pissed. Pissed at the NBA and LeBron for being so chicken****. Sell your souls for that Chinese money, NBA. You freaking sellouts.

Tfor3, clutchdabear, joshuaao and 6 others like this.
  2. Hard_foul

Hard_foul Member

The last few years I’ve realized LeBron is one of the dumbest athletes out there. The guy is truly dumb, or at least he makes himself seem that way with the things he says.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I don't know dude. I wouldn't be surprised if a team of marketers told him urban black inner city activism rings well with the NBA fanbase and positively effects the profitablity of his brand.

His statements on Morey make question his sincerity with his activism.

4. fchowd0311

Do you think he would still do his activism for the inner city if marketers found out that it could negatively effect the profitablity of his brand? What if the NBA had a conservative right wing fanbase and thought in the conservative right wing narratives of "black culture being toxic" and the problem isn't institutional but just black people being inferior in raising families? Do you think he would do the same activism?

clutchdabear and malakas like this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

6. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Very disappointing. Very, very disappointing.

Hopefully he sits back and reflects admits he ****ed up with these statements.

Tfor3, clutchdabear, mikol13 and 2 others like this.
  7. Hard_foul

Hard_foul Member

I understand the idol part. But how can someone you’ve never met be one of you’re favorite human beings?

8. jowman

jowman Member

I don’t know. But it’s not fair to definitively say he will or he won’t cause he hasn’t faced this situation. We sure as hell know the answer for MJ..

We do know he’s spoken up for athletes and donated millions when he could’ve easily just shut up and dribbled

9. fchowd0311

We actually know the answer with LeBron because a human rights issue did come up that negatively effects his brand profitablity and we have seen his comments.

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm not that cynical. I am no fan of Lebron as a player (I do respect him as an all time great), but I respect and admire him as business man and social activist*. He has done a bunch to advance the black agenda and I really admire and appreciate that. Of course he is out to secure the bag, but that is not his sole motivation IMO.

I can no longer say this in public though.

11. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Morey should go out with one last hurrah. Tweet out his thoughts on HK again and what he feels. **** the wallets of the rest of these greedy people. Go out in Kaepnerick fashion. He'll be remembered for exposing the greed of so many of these NBA stars, owners, etc.

12. fchowd0311

It's cynicism if I believed that to be the case before his comments today. When someone gives you a very valid reason to doubt their sincerity, it isn't cynicism anymore. It's being not gullible.

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

Bron has done a lot to empower people

BaselineFade and DreamShook like this.
  14. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

You have a point

15. fchowd0311

As long as it positively effects his brand profitablity.

Richie_Rich and malakas like this.
  16. malakas

malakas Member

Lebron :
    "standing up" for Kap
    demands Morey gets fired for speaking up for human rights.

clutchdabear and fchowd0311 like this.
  17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Lebron moved to Los Angeles... he’s going to be dealing with this comment for a very long time. What a stupid stupid comment to make. He will backtrack that comment the rest of his career.

Morey will be known as the hero of this story later on if he isn’t already. Can’t wait to see the look on Lebron face the first time a reporter calls him out by asking why he thinks Morey was misinformed about the people of Hong Kong protesting for their right to not be extradited to mainland China to be put in concentration camps??.. please explain how Morey was misinformed that the people of HK really shouldn’t be supported in their efforts to fight for theirs basic freedoms???

18. jowman

jowman Member

We can agree to disagree.

As far as positive role models for inner city kids go you can’t do much better than lebron.

The guys personal life is as pristine as it can get for a pro athlete of his caliber.

He’s said dumb **** and maybe his personality rubs people the wrong way, but u can’t bring him down without some bill cosby level accusations

19. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

At least they don't get in trouble. The smart people are the ones that got themselves in trouble, or THOUGHT they're smart but ended up being stupid also like Morey lol.

After the fact, Lebron is now 10x smarter than Morey because he's been educated.

20. fchowd0311

Comon dude. I'm not calling him a rapist, thug, bad human etc. I'm calling out his sincerity on human rights issues. He just seems like a corporatist shill who will take on the easy fights that help his bottom line.

It's vapid activism that inflates his own ego and his own money bag. He's still a role model in terms of work ethic. He's a hard working dude who's ambitious.

#199 fchowd0311, Oct 14, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
    clutchdabear, joshuaao and jowman like this.
  21. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

This needs to be seen more. Damn I love LMC!

Everyone knows what’s going on, but if it’s your Chinese money it’s ok to bury your head in the sand and throw Morey under the bus while so many are fighting for their freedom.

This is seriously upsetting.

clutchdabear likes this.