1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why Daryl Morey and the NBA need to apologize to China

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by weopeo9744, Oct 8, 2019.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

LOL, his entire take is based on a giant strawman that never happened. Well damn... not only do they not have an oppressive regime to deal with but apparently there is a bunch of morons running around too! THEY SHOULDA NEVA GAVE YOU !@#$% MONEY!!!

Yung-T, malakas and Mazulis like this.
  2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

tldr; this fool created a strawman that never happened. I D I O T

malakas likes this.
  3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

So Freedom of Speech is our "Bottom Line" then?

:)

DD

JuNx likes this.
  4. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

This is when you lack the wisdom to understand a conceptual idea. Did i ever equate "American and Chinese people as children"? It is an IDEA that that's how the two societies work or how they inherent their mindset, behaviors, ect..

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

The fact that some people are drawing parallels shows just how ****ed the Chinese govt is. It’s ironic considering that a private citizen in another country liked a tweet and they’re going full 1984 like this.

The chumps defendingbthem here are sad

Yung-T, clutchdabear, malakas and 2 others like this.
  6. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Yes, speaking of learning your own boundaries, why the hell the Westerners invades other boundaries and taking over their islands? The very existing of America ITSELF is by taking over the Native American's land, isn't it? And here you are talking about using freedom wisely and learning your own boundaries? lol. Yea yea yea.....this is what happened when too much freedom is allowed, it spawns radical behaviors.

Lovemachine2000 likes this.
  7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

You're not good at interpreting a message. I was talking about an individual and you replied about my government?

Anyway, I've been to Hawaii and man was I happy there! I met natives and they were so nice! Everyone was respectful of one another and we got along great every single day I was there!

I can't wait to visit Puerto Rico, the Aleutian Islands, Midway, America Samoa.. and if any of them say they want to be independent from the United States I will respectfully listen to their reasoning. Not your style, but hey.. growing up free has taught me much you don't know about yet.

Yet being the key word. Y'all will be free one day! I support your freedom from oppression.

Yung-T, clutchdabear, mikol13 and 2 others like this.
  8. meh

meh Contributing Member

I am also a Rockets fan and a Houstonian. So if you agree with malakas logic, you should be shamed of yourself for being a Houstonian and a Rockets fan

9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not clicking on a video to watch it that promotes this belief. I don't care what reasoning the Chinese have to feel an apology is due. They can live in their country as they want watching a bunch of guys play ball who aren't good enough to play in the NBA. They won't have the best players in the world to entertain them now. They can stay home and watch Winnie the Pooh. Oh wait, he's banned too.

clutchdabear and malakas like this.
  10. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

LOL

11. don grahamleone

You failed logic 101, didn't cha

Yung-T, Nook and malakas like this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

#1 It isn’t like California or Texas seceding. It is more like Puerto Rico.
    #2 The response in the USA would be a collective shoulder shrug if someone in China supported secession.

This was a single tweet by a basketball team GM. The CCP better come to grips with it because a majority of the West supports Hong Kong, self determination, is horrified by concentration camps and a number of actions taken by the CCP.

13. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Wow. Does this discipline you justify include child slavery, sexual abuse, and the rest of horrific crimes upon children? Do you really believe all Chinese are quiet, reserved, and respectful and all Americans spoil their children? The lines seem a bit blurred there. Be careful with assumptions so blatantly distorted. You might be a bit brainwashed already.

Yung-T, clutchdabear and malakas like this.
  14. meh

meh Contributing Member

Well I just find the hypocrisy quite hilarious. Moreso than the toothpaste honestly. Thanks for the laughs.

15. don grahamleone

That's what I was saying before... you got a messed up sense of humor. There were no jokes there. I was making fun of you in a mean way. It's because you, personally, are an ignorant human who thinks making fun of someone for the race they were born into is somehow okay.

Yung-T, malakas and Nook like this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

Lived in China. Lots of racism and that includes racism towards black people. China is not a PC place I heard lots of racist words and view points against black people.

Second, the Chinese also are nasty to those in Hong Kong. That isn’t a one way street. I have heard them referred to as cockroaches and other terms. The CCP and by proxy some Chinese people just believe that Hong Kong and Taiwan should accept their fate and bend to the will of the CCP.

It is a complicated topic.

17. Nook

Nook Member

China likes disciplining their children?

Number one the fact you compare the citizens of China and the USA to children and the government as the parent tells me all I need to know about your psychological brainwashing.

Number two the CCP is incredibly arrogant believing they can change the policy of an entire league based on a single tweet.

Even using your telling analogy. China is taking their children, surrounding them with 24 hour surveillance, restricting their ability to learn the truth of any issue and then wonders why their children grow up to be ignorant and dependent 100% on their parents.

Further no one outside of China views China as quiet and humble. The Chinese are considered a nightmare when traveling with no respect for the countries or sites they visit. The CCP has even had to comment on it.

You need to look hard in the mirror and realize what you like to think you isn’t what you really are.

joshuaao, Yung-T, deb4rockets and 2 others like this.
  18. alethios

alethios Member

Morey did issue a statement and stated his intentions were not to offend or speak on anyone else's behalf. He is the voice of the Rockets for Rockets matters and his own voice for his personal, political views, and the Rockets/NBA should not be held accountable for one man's views.

19. meh

meh Contributing Member

So do you believe that all Chinese people spend their day saying black people are Gorillas?

20. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Correct me if I’m wrong, my knowledge of Asian politics ends at Pakistan. But don’t Hong Kongers see themselves as Chinese too? They’re not separatists. They don’t want a separate nation or city state. Right?