1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets fans in China furious at Morey for supporting Hong Kong protests

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketsmanhk, Oct 4, 2019.

1. malakas

malakas Member

If more and more people like you soon or later there will be change.
    Keep safe and keep your head held high. You know what's real.

China is NOT the CCP. China was there before it and will be there after.

D-rock and RiceRockets like this.
  2. malakas

malakas Member

We even reached the point where CCP brainwashed posters are threatening the life of posters in this forum.

3. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

You can't blame them.
    Gotta get them social credit score points amirite!
    Shh Daddy is watching us all and we better say something nice!

4. hezhenxiangx

hezhenxiangx Member

Google company know you . rockets.

D-rock likes this.
  5. hezhenxiangx

hezhenxiangx Member

good luck for you.and goodluck for me

D-rock, MorningZippo and malakas like this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The thing is I cannot change what is going on in Xin Jiang. I wish I could, I am a normalo citizen. I tell you about my life.

And sure there are places not being secure, but there also places being safe.

Then fight.

7. hezhenxiangx

hezhenxiangx Member

someone notice Morey s twitter.and spread it in china website.
    chinese have no interesting in political.but they interest in “anti- china political”

D-rock likes this.
  8. leeallen

leeallen Contributing Member

Some protestors / rioters do request independent. They paint it all over the place.
    That's why they broke into Mainland owned shops (Bank/Candy shop/Mobile phone etc), destroy and burn them.
    They also broke into, destroy and burn local owned shops which the owners or family members publicly expressing
    opposing view or suspicion of attack their people before.

I am pro-democracy. However, to me, the movement itself has changed and nothing to do with democracy. It is another form of communism. We are being careful by not taking out mobile phone when nearby the place of protesting. They will beat you up if you are suspicion of taking photos.
    We will not express our view and argue with them because they will beat you up also.

#568 leeallen, Oct 8, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    Lovemachine2000 and Easy like this.
  9. minis9

minis9 Member

That’s right, I’ve lived in HK for the past 5yrs and these protestors are extremely violent. It’s got nothing to do with human rights or freedom of speech now. The whole thing has become a bait for China to act, so “Tiananmen Square 2.0” can be used on further anti-China activities and someone to benefit from it.
    Just look at all the pro-HK supporters, they are either misinformed about it like most, or has own agenda to benefit from it. How many really did anything other than lip service to “support”?

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Blizzard suspends professional Hearthstone player following Hong Kong comments
    In a statement, Blizzard said they removed Hearthstone player Blitzchung from the Grandmasters – the highest tier of Hearthstone esports – and suspended him from pro play for one year for violating competition rules. Blitzchung used a post-game interview to support ongoing protests in Hong Kong. The ruling by Blizzard comes a day after the NBA's Houston Rockets lost business relations with China over comments GM Daryl Morey made, also in support of Hong Kong.

D-rock and daywalker02 like this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The truth is both have agendas, pro government and anti government.

We, the normal b-ball fans are caught in-between. Concerning.

13. hezhenxiangx

hezhenxiangx Member

this is why I stand with Morey

D-rock likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If Morey goes all out, he will have to lose his job.

So he shut his mouth and deleted his tweet.

It was never his intention to go this big and threaten Chinese bilateral relations. You can count on that.

Otherwise he would not have deleted this Tweet. Well, let him surprise me.

15. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

If this is what caused this fiasco, it was bound to happen anyway sometime in the near future. Screw China

Handles and Jontro like this.
  16. kanariya

kanariya Member

US is corrupted as **** as of now but that's another issue. Trump did not win from getting most vote. He took advantage of the system with foreign help. He is a **** president and we are going through impeachment now to get rid of him. Can you do that in China?

17. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

18. WNBA

WNBA Member

After 4 years of deranged dictatorship ruling, you still need an impeachment show (which we all know will fail) to .......hmmm possibly re-elect him? China do not have this weak stuff.

19. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Await Pop's reactions and then we all will find out the true American hero is actually a fat middle aged nerd who loves to play Ping Pong.

20. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

I respect you and @leeallen's opinion in terms of violence, I too am uneasy about it but none of us is gonna stop it now, it's gonna escalate in the upcoming days and only China can stop it, whether by imposing martial law or granting HKers the demands. But China has a very easy way to stop the violence in HK, and that is to honor their promises on Hong Kong and grant HK people's right to choose our government.

I do have a major problem of you saying that this is no longer human rights issue now. Prop-Beijing people keep saying the HK issue is complicated. To me, the HK issue is really simple: HK wants democracy but CCP doesn't allow it. Thousands of peaceful protests calling for greater democracy have been held in the last 30+ years and the CCP has ignored every single one of them and it is really natural that people get fed up with it and decide to escalate their action. Peaceful protests are useless against this totalitarian government.