1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey is low key winning

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmelo, Oct 7, 2019.

1. alcatrazpsycho

It's part of a trilogy that ends with a book titled:
    SHUT UP
    SHUT UP
    SHUT UP
    or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Shut Up
    with a Foreward by T-Mac titled: When I said "Believe me something Great will happen in the city of Houston", I didn't mean it would happen during my career.

francis 4 prez likes this.
  2. mms

mms Member

winning my arse. He is clearly a distraction/liability of this team now. If we don't have a great season start and maybe shoe deals go south, he will be forced out.

astros123 likes this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Oh, you get it brother Bing. Or you will. Soon.

4. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

Yeah that's why I put "lite". Not quite apples to apples comparison but they both forced their respective leagues into a hot situation.

Anyway, Morey is one of the best proven GM's at his job. I don't anticipate he'll go anyway but who knows how long the HK situation last and how much hotter it gets. (ie martial law + chinese tanks rolling in etc) and how much the NBA bends over for that money. There could be a small chance Morey gets fired and then resurfaces for the Hornets or some non major market team.

5. alcatrazpsycho

The more I think about it... Daryl Morey put Adam Silver in check mate... my man... my MAIN man!

dachuda86 likes this.
  6. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

He is winning because he is doing the right thing and it resonates with a lot of people. Props to DM!!

7. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Well he certainly brought out all the Chinese shills on clutchfans that haven't watched a Rockets game since Yao Ming retired.

Yung-T, lakersuck2, dachuda86 and 4 others like this.
  8. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Clutchfans sleeper cells. Like a bad case of C. difficile sometimes you need a drug holiday to let the last stragglers crawl out of their spores, until you lay it back on 'em with the hardcore antibiotics. And sometimes antibiotics won't work and you just need to take some donor poo and fling it at them.

9. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Morey may have cost the nba 4 billion according to the video below.

I can’t think of any public figure in recent memory who would be willing to take such a staggering financial stand for any cause. That was insanely brave. If this his way of winning I guess he accomplished what he set out to do.

HK has everyone’s attention now.

dachuda86 likes this.
  10. pippsux

pippsux Member

No, he needs to start playing checkers..... He over thought this, now he has put himself on the clock, the team hits a road bump, lose too many games or doesn't win the chip, well Tilman will have all the justification to fire his ass.

11. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Anyone said China good are hypocrite to you guys? Free speech? What a joke!

I don’t dare to argue with you guys on this. I know you guys have ****ing guns! So scared.

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Tilman to Morey: Save me more Lux Tax dollars and I'll forgive you!

francis 4 prez likes this.
  14. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

Yeah there’s a moral equivalency between “people deserve self governance” and “don’t bring black people to my team’s games”.

The 76ers would hire him the very second they could.

15. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Unfortunately, I fear we will have to say good bye to Morey at some point this season. They won't fire him now. They'll wait until our historically short attention spans are fixated on something else.

ilias likes this.
  16. Senator

Senator Member

He would have had no idea about the blowback, and probably farted it out before going to sleep. This was in no way intentional..

17. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Isn't Golden State the #1 team in China before this... a boycott by China on the entire NBA helps Morey finally beat the Warriors. It is brilliant.

MghtyPtrck and dachuda86 like this.
  18. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

4 billion is the total value estimated of "NBA China" as a business entity. NBA China ain't going nowhere. China will not allow the dissolution of a relationship that lucrative for its own citizens. Whatever penalty the NBA takes from individualized loss of endorsements to the Rockets will not ripple throughout the rest of the NBA. The TV, merchandise, and streaming deals for the entire NBA, of which the Rockets are 1/30th equal shareholders, will not be hit one iota.

19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

morey is playing 4d chess

after silver messed up the nene contract the seed of revenge was planted

morey pisses of china

silver and the nba gets involved

now china is more pissed off at silver and the nba

china threatens to either ban the NBA in china or sell the NBA to them

china buys the NBA

morey says that he only tweeted that in the first place to wake up china and expose the corruption of silver & co

and morey is made chairman of NBA USA

#59 vlaurelio, Oct 8, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  20. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't speak too soon. China may be on the verge of cutting off the NBA completely. I don't think this is a bluff.

lnchan and dachuda86 like this.