1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chinese nba tv calls american players apes and monkeys. Where is their apology?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by malakas, Oct 7, 2019.

1. malakas

malakas Member

Not even a word of sorry or an ounce of shame

They are demanding Daryl Morey to bend on his knees while they are insulting americans they make their bread of of.

Where is your apology for being racist China?

Crickets?

2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

That's because China isn't as desperate for NBA money, so they don't give a ****. The NBA on the other hand wants China's money so they will bend over backwards to make sure they get to keep that money.

3. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Honestly this is nothing if you are familiar with the Chinese Weibo and Wechat.

I pointed it out yesterday, the people there don’t have any issues to publicly share their views about racism, discrimination against sex and sexual preferences, hatred towards religions.

You are able to see all these kind of contents on a daily basis on their social media and no one will give a fork about it. Hence, this is a culture.

You know what else cultures they have? You really believe that most Chinese people are rich and wealthy now?

They have 2 terms : ‘6 wallets’ and ‘chewing the corpse of the elders’.

Because China had been forcing all families to follow the one baby policy for decades, most of the families are having single child, and when those children grow up and get married, you will have the young couple, the girls parents, and the boys parents, for the total of 6 people to spend all their income and savings on the wedding, the house and other stuff.

People there has no shame to spend their parents or even their grand parents money so that they can buy a new house or new car, or even just a pair of $500USD AJ.

They still don’t realize that one day that all these wallets will dry up and when the bubbles will burst, then what will be left for them?

D-rock, burlesk, Crutch City and 3 others like this.
  4. leeallen

leeallen Contributing Member

Actually the nickname of Patrick Ewing is Gorilla in East Asia.
    Even in the Japanese manga "SLAM DUNK", Takenori Akagi who counterparted Patrick Ewing also nicknamed 'Gori"
    It just means he is strong and quick. Some of us also called LeBron James "Gorilla"

Please stop spreading hatred. Please.
    Let's go back and talking Rockets game and players.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. malakas

malakas Member

So americans must accept YOUR racial slurs and abuse but you can't accept their political views?

Double standards much?

No shame at all.

freyzhang, D-rock, Deckard and 7 others like this.
  6. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Remembering D&G?

Lol.

They called this ad as an insult and racism, discrimination against Chinese people and then boycotted D&G.

And you dare to tell me Gorilla is OK for NBA players?

This is exactly the problem with your society value now.

D-rock, Yung-T, HP3 and 1 other person like this.
  7. leeallen

I think Daryl did nothing wrong but think he should keep it behind close door. Just that.
    And I am just stating the fact that "Gorilla" has nothing to do with racist in Asia.
    Come on man. No hatred

Lovemachine2000 and D-rock like this.
  8. leeallen

I didn't think it is racist. But some people have their own opinions.

9. malakas

malakas Member

At this moment the chinese government and people are trying to impose their own biased sensibillities into the american people.

Why should the americans accept what they (and almost all of the planet) see as racial insults?

You have to take what you give.
    Apology for supporting HK?

First apologise for calling black people gorillas.

D-rock and Yung-T like this.
  10. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Ok, now you are using the freedom of speech card and acceptance double standards.

So what is wrong for Morey to execute his own right in his own country’s social media?

If you expect others will respect you, then do it by yourself first.

D-rock and Yung-T like this.
  11. leeallen

Not all black people. Just their nickname.
    https://slamdunk.fandom.com/wiki/Takenori_Akagi

Lovemachine2000 and daywalker02 like this.
  12. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

So Lebron James is Bigfoot, we get all of that - Stephen A Smith

Invisible Fan likes this.
  13. elrond

elrond Member

I think for some areas like racism, bigory, sexism, etc., there should be a certain level of responsibility of the individual to educate themselves on what things may/may not be acceptable to a certain group. Insults like these have been used to dehumanize, so the sensitivity to these kind of terms should be understandable. Even if someone personally doesn't believe it is insulting, in this case I think people should refrain from using the terms if it is commonly understood that said terms are unacceptable.

Similarly, I would point to the focus of Justin Trudeau's use of blackface. Although I don't personally understand the depth of the issue(haven't really done the research), I do understand that people are offended by it and that it's clearly not acceptable to the offended group. If it's one snowflake out of a thousand, then I'm not too concerned, but if it's something that is generally understood to be unaccceptable, then I think people should try and learn from it rather than trying to justify or make excuses for it.

For political issues, everyone should have the right to their own view.

14. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

You, the person using racist and derogatory terms for someone of another race, don't get to define if it's offensive or not. LeBron James is the one who tells you if that's offensive or not. Trust me, calling a man a gorilla is offensive. So now you know. If you continue to call a man a gorilla.. that makes you racist. If you learned from your mistake and never call a man a gorilla again.. you've been enlightened.

Which is it? Still proud to call people that awful insult or did you learn something?

I hope the love in you sees that the second part is the true way of humanity.

D-rock, Deckard, malakas and 2 others like this.
  15. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

There is actually another racist comment happened in NBA before.

JJ Redick did an interview long time ago and he mentioned the ‘chi**’ word in that interview and obviously it’s a racist word that should not be used.

Some China NBA fans got upset and sent some response but that’s about it. There is no much protests officially nor even any affects on the 76ers games.

So what exactly this is about? Chinese people are used to this kind of racist comment and words, go to lots of those forums in China and you can see many people will call black people directly by the N word in Chinese.

More than often, when such thing will become an outcry, it is mostly being used as propaganda tool for the state controlled media to ‘educate people to be loyal to their culture and country’.

16. foggy94

foggy94 Member

Can't believe I've just seen as an honest to God defence of using a racial slur 'dont worry we do it all the time' what a time to be alive.

17. leeallen

Did I say Morey is wrong? I said he did nothing wrong.

D-rock and malakas like this.
  18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

FIFY.

malakas and ElPigto like this.
  19. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

There's no history of those terms carrying baggage in china

That's purely a western world thing

We're imposing our baggage on them in this case

Why would they understand that it's offensive?

Also China isn't imposing anything on us. They don't want our product that is fine with me. I'm not butthurt about it. I don't personally need their viewership. Tillman and Co might feel otherwise but whatever. Life moves on. We'll be fine.

My money is on they will get over it. They love to gamble. lol

durvasa, Lovemachine2000 and hakeem94 like this.