1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

CBA announced ban all rox games, halt relationship.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shanghai_noon, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

i would say both.

clutchdabear and BaselineFade like this.
  2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Guess what geniuses

If you asked literally every person in the NBA - or actually the entire USA - whether they were in on the side of the pro Democracy protesters in HK or the authoritarians from Beijing - most people who would have an opinion would favor HK. Probably like 80-90%.

This probably even includes the racist cretin Trump supporters who actually support authoritarian rule in the US

So go ahead and ban us all CBA.

I know ill surely miss never noticing your existence.

3. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

You are watching too much SNL.

justinh and J-rizzle like this.
  4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

ryan_98 and GotGame15 like this.
  5. Jontro

Jontro Member

snl is great breh. needs some old cast back,the current ones be lacking

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Sorry but the CBA announced a ban on all @Haymitch translations.

Thank your buddy daryl.

BHannes2BHonest and justtxyank like this.
  7. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

The news said : we are really sorry to our fans that our team (Sharks) just lost by 69 points to the Rockets in a forking preseason of preseason game. This number is insulting and we believe Morey planned this and we now have decided until Morey will apologize why he won’t score one more point to let us lose by 70. We will not come back to let our asses get kicked again next year.

8. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

OP is a good future candidate for Fox News.

Posting misleading headlines and fake news that totally not matching even with the original material in Chinese.

#28 Texanasiafan, Oct 6, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  9. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

"The general manager of the Houston Rockets, Morey, publicly made inappropriate comments about Hong Kong yesterday. The Chinese Basketball Association strongly oppose to it and will suspend exchanges and cooperation with the Rockets."

foh likes this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

https://m.weibo.cn/status/4424478765016974?

apparently this is saying that Tencent will no longer air any Rockets games or report Rockets news...anyone who knows Chinese on here can confirm since I have no idea what these symbols mean

11. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

Yes, I can confirm.

BaselineFade likes this.
  12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Embarrassing for Tencent.

Jontro likes this.
  13. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Guess they found out there are so many Astros fans in China also and they are busy following the playoff and the rating of the Rockets preseason games is terrible and hence pull the plug.

Lol.

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Damn and it's too late to cancel my order for a DMo Shanghai Sharks jersey

MrSabotage, clutchdabear, HP3 and 5 others like this.
  15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Xi and his Commie regime sure are touchy these days. Being willing to potentially intimidate US born or former NBA players from coming to play in the CBA is a huge risk for their league to survive. People in China watch the games because of stars like Marbury and TMac. Their stance here to intimidate the NBA (assuming that’s the translations meaning), will have a cooling effect on potential players for sure.

If Fertitta placates to China over this and makes Morey do something ridiculous like apologize, ill be done ever eating at one of his sh$tty restaurants ever again.

MrSabotage and Jontro like this.
  16. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

Here are excerpts of some of Chinese state media's comments on Morey today:

CCTV:
    "The general manager of the Houston Rockets, Daryl Morey, published a message yesterday on social media to support Hong Kong independence. It was a slogan screamed by the violent people in Hong Kong in recent months.

Is Morey unfamiliar with China? No, he is the general manager of the Rockets, a team with many Chinese fans because of Yao Ming. Even after Yao Ming retired, the majority of Chinese fans still root for the Rockets. The Rockets have been benefited by waves after waves of Chinese sponsorship. He has many years of Chinese experience and it is impossible that he didn't understand how it would hurt the feelings of hundreds of millions of Chinese people. He did it on purpose.You hurt our feelings and didn't even apologize?

Basketball is just basketball. But our motherland must be loved deeply."

People's Daily:

"Hong Kong is China's Hong Kong. In the movie "My People, My Country", the scene of the five-star red flag rising on time in Hong Kong on July 1, 1997 at 0:00, made hundreds of millions of people shed tears, and made the Chinese children who have experienced hardships and perseverance become more convinced: The era of being bullied by the Western powers is gone forever! ToAnyone who wants to challenge "one country, two systems" and challenge the soverignty of China: we will never budge! Daryl Morey, challenging Chinese people's bottom line will get you nowhere!"

TMac'n and foh like this.
  17. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

No you are out of luck.

It’s been sold out.

CBA fans believe the enemy of our enemy is our friend.

DMo is getting a 10 years new max contract in the CBA and Armstrong is on his way there.

18. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Damn, when the D&D meets the Rockets forum. Well screw China for not honoring the Hong Kong deal with Britain. Every time you turn around China's trying to finesse someone into doing what they want. **** China, **** Communist, and **** Fake Fans.

dachuda86 and Jontro like this.
  19. foh

foh Member

They should ban Lin too.. ex rocket after all. Morey gave him a sweet contract - Lin must be Daryl's spy. Come on CCP and president Xi, think!

#39 foh, Oct 6, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  20. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

I have to give Morey credit for having balls made of steel. He speaking out like that was extremely gutsy.

I'm sure that Tilman is lighting into him this morning. I cant imagine how much money he just lost. I'm proud of Daryl, but i fear that Tilman may do something emotional. This whole thing is sad.

amaru and HP3 like this.