1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets twitter

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CarolNYC, Mar 26, 2013.

1. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

I’m sure he is speaking for the rockets too. I doubt Tilman supports communism, since his entire fortune is based on capitalism.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It seems like he supports the type of capitalism that extorts humans rights.

MorningZippo and Nook like this.
  4. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

Didn’t Dwight tweet “Free Palestine” once while Les was still the owner?

5. oelman44

oelman44 Member

The new episode of South Park suddenly seems extremely relevant after seeing Tillman's tweet

Nook likes this.
  6. letterZshift

letterZshift Member

on the bright side

probably closes the door on any chinese-themed unis in the future

7. CHI

CHI Contributing Member

This is what happens when there’s no freedom of speech or thought. Any dissenting opinion gets snuffed out. Terrible.

8. fchowd0311

Lol I remembered how our "City" uniforms were Chinese uniforms. It made no sense.

MghtyPtrck, Nook and letterZshift like this.
  9. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

Don't act like there are no lines for freedom in the US. The former Clipper owner was forced to sell his team because he said something he shouldn't say in private. What Morey did is worse because he did it on social media. I guess he can tweet Texas is not part of US, fight for the freedom of Texas and get away with it, but there are certain things he can't tweet, e.g., something like what Sterling said. Sure, US has more freedom in terms of what you can say in public as a celebrity, but there are still lines.

#5029 James.B.H, Oct 5, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
    ilovehtownbb and snowconeman22 like this.
  10. fchowd0311

Are you from Houston?

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Morey is going to make one of these PR mistakes, wait, it's not a surprise.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

On the contrary, it gets a political meaning because there is freedom of speech. There can be a discussion.

A normal guy wouldn't even associate that with that picture, but I'll be darned, it looks like their war flag.

(I mean South Korea got democracy, they be furious over this too, if Ha Seung Jin ever played for the Rox.)

o_O A cautious guy Morey ain't.

#5032 daywalker02, Oct 5, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
  13. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

No, I am from China but I live in Houston.

daywalker02 likes this.
  14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Morey took a liberal stand so ESPN won't get out the pitch forks. Hopefully Morey's job is safe. I guess we will find out how much that China money means to Tilman.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, he would be fired if he were a journalist, lucky for him, it's not his job, or is it with the Rockets....to manage PR?

16. rantsolpuella13

Supporting Member

But he’s not a journalist (and considering what he posted he probably wouldn’t be fired if he was a journalist in most outlets).

I do generally agree that Morey should’ve avoided discussing the situation w/ Hong Kong/China, but let’s not pretend that Tilman’s solution to throw him under the bus was anywhere close to the “right thing to do”.

Tilman’s acting like a booster/fan instead of the owner of the Rockets he is right now. He should have the professionalism to call his general manager and ask him to take it down. Instead he embarrassed him and has now made this an even bigger story then it needed to be at this time.

Also for those saying that Morey should be fired: no he should not. Reprimanded, maybe, but those asking for his job are completely in the wrong here. If Tilman pulls that trigger he would basically show that he’s the next James Dolan of the NBA.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I missed what he posted about the HK situation though, man. Will get to the thread.

This Tokyo pic got little to do with that, the 'Rising' Sun, it's just the symbol of Japan, and it could be associated with their former WW2 flag.

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I hope that James is OK after this. Russ didn't mean to do it.

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think they are going to wait and see if there is any real impact on the team. Monetary impact.

This is twitter so a lot of those outraged replies are just fans being silly and will still be fans in the end. Knick fans protest Dolan every year...or at least they think they do.

People on the internet always go on about how they will never buy a certain game because...or they won't see a movie because...or they are done supporting their sport team because...

At the end of the day most people saying this crap aren't strong enough to actually do it. I guess if it turns out that a lot of people in China have lost interest in the Rockets Morey gets fired or if China gets involved in some way shape or form...

20. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Standing by Hong Kong is a liberal stand?

MghtyPtrck and TheRealAllpro like this.