1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tilman: This is our window to win a championship

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Sep 12, 2019.

1. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

History thus far tells us he won't do that.

D-rock and Jontro like this.
  2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He literally gave Gordon a max extension

3. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

More like..... the tax window.

4. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I take what these guys say with a grain of salt.
    "TALK IS CHEAP, MF'er"_ DMX

Invisible Fan, D-rock and CK Johnson like this.
  5. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

I think everybody feels the same way. Especially since rockets are now in same division with Zion Williamson! Don't forget young Jackson Jr over with Memphis too.

6. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

To be fair, that's future spending and doesn't mean he'll get into LT territory. I'm willing to wait and see with this Nene deal, but I fear it's more of a Morey move that gives the option for the go, but will be ultimately turned down by Tillman when the time comes and thus Nene won't meet his incentives and won't be traded for max salary. But I hope I'm wrong.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’m glad he changed the logo and colors back to the old school one

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

I actually got the opposite impression. He is all in right now.

We just dont know how much he is willing to spend even going all in.

9. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

This might mean a player with team option is basically just another unrestricted free agent if the team does not get that 'chip.

melo, Shumpert, and far"weed" but if there is a counter example let me know LOL.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Why do you think it works?

James & Russell played together in OKC. They played together in LA when they were growing up. They know each other. They're both 30. Chris was 34. The two winningest seasons the Rockets ever had were with Chris Paul. We would have never accomplished it without him. I think OKC will surprise you with Chris Paul this year. I think OKC will be a pretty damn good team but there's a chemistry with James & Russell that will shock people. Chris is 34, they're 30. In basketball years, that's a lot of years. They have totally different classes, totally different groups of guys. Chris is more with the LeBron & Carmelo group. James is the Russell group. I think they both know their strengths & weaknesses and both know they're under contract to the Houston Rockets for the next 4 years. This is it. If you're gonna win a championship, this is when you win them. This is when Hakeem won his at 30/31.

Where were you when you decided to go for it with Westbrook?

I was in Europe. I'm 6/7 hours ahead of them so I'm talking at 2-3-4 in the morning. We just decided to do it. They ran different statistics by me. I think my basketball ops got maybe a little weak at the end and I said "We're doing this. We're gonna make the change and go after it and roll the dice. We're gonna find that 5%. The one thing I believe you do in business & basketball is you never sit still. You always keep it exciting. Not only is it exciting that I think we're a better team but it's exciting for the fans. That's where I get back to my fans that I owe it to them to give them the best opportunity to win a championship every year.

When did you know Harden was the guy?

First off, you know when you really appreciate these guys? When they're gone. That is the truth. James Harden is gonna keep you in it every year. The last 5 years, he's been 1 or 2 in MVP balloting every single year. James Harden has the greatest work ethic. James Harden last year at one point he couldn't see out of an eye, his arm was hurting him, his neck was messed up. I love him. He's a bull. I talk about being a bull in my book constantly. I love James. He doesn't say "Oh my knee is hurting me a little bit, I'm not gonna play tonight." James wants to play every single game. We're beating the Sharks the other night by 70 and here's James wanting to go back in the game. That's just James Harden. I love his drive. I love his ability. James wants to win a championship so bad. He knows it's his legacy & I hope he does because it helps my legacy.

#70 J.R., Oct 2, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
    D-rock, smp and bratna8 like this.
  11. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Capeala and tucker couldn't even get a FIBA medal so how could they even seriously be thinking NBA chanpionship ?

It will take a miracle and it's on harden and Daniel house.

If anybody got upside, it's house!

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

This was cringe in my book. C'mon Tilman.

D-rock likes this.
  13. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Daniel house can't be stopped going to the basket! House might be next kawli Leonard if given opportunity.

Hoping house can get more foul shots along with westbrook which is sure bet!

14. caneks

caneks Rookie

relax, there will always be a window for running mouth.

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Hope it's not this window they look out from when the finals are played.

[​IMG]

16. PrinceH

PrinceH Member

Again? Ok, I guess it's Go Rockets! *Says increasingly fed up man*

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I would give him one year to surprise me, this year. That be all.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

538: It Could Be Now Or Never For James Harden And The Houston Rockets

Because of that, it would clearly benefit the Rockets to take care of business this season, before Harden runs out of offensive tricks, before the organization starts feeling pressure to make sweeping changes and before other contenders begin hitting their strides. And if this isn’t the year, it’s fair to wonder when, if at all, it can realistically happen in Harden’s window.

19. Le$$

Le$$ Member

If the rockets have one more window with team. It would take somebody signing here for cheap, or Harden , Westbrook can figure it out on there own this next year. Houston Rockets still very dangerous team, just not a top 3 team.

[​IMG]

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Looks like "Never" was correct