1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tilman Leaves Rockets Legend T-Mac Off Houston Version Of Mt.Rushmore

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by macan, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Remlap

Remlap Member

Moses Malone was 5X the impact player that Yao was.
    For those of us who actually watched him play, he was a beast.

Yao was tall and Chinese (had large fanbase).
    I believe his 'Ambassadorship' for the NBA is the primary reason he is in the HOF.

As far as impact on the TEAM, give me Mo any day of the week.
    Yao may have impacted the NBA and fanbase, but as far as on-court performance for the Rockets,
    Mo was the MAN. PERIOD

raining threes likes this.
  2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The numbers don't lie. He really only had one good season with above average efficiency in his ENTIRE career. The rest of the time, he was just a chucker that for some reason was allowed to chuck even though he wasn't very good at it.

Here is one datapoint. JR Smith's career true shooting percentage is higher than every season in Tmac's career except for one.

tinman likes this.
  3. bj3175

bj3175 Member

lol Tmac cares more about his hall of fame inductio rather than this

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Moses was better than Yao
    But Yao had to be stuck on a team with Tmac so you have to feel for Yao
    @Os Trigonum

Remlap and raining threes like this.
  5. tinman

Supporting Member

@Jontro

Yao had Les as his owner who used him as slave to build his plantation of Chinese corporation money farm

Yao played in the summer and even with a broken foot . A real owner would have sat him out to get him right like the sixers did with Embiid.

Jontro likes this.
  6. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Dude sucked... I just remember his dunk over shawn B. Other than that...just someone who played for us and will be forgotten.

7. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Rudy not being in the HOF, but t-mac being there is the real joke. Also, I think after Hakeem/Harden you really need to put Rudy on the Mountain. From there probably Malone unless looking at certain stats like win shares etc (because then it'd be Murphy). T-mac wouldn't even be in the discussion unless we're talking about some nba 2k fantasy (and it's not a playoff series game, haha, not serious but... While his stats went up he couldn't win the 1st round).

8. JW86

JW86 Member

That's a huge relief, if he did have him on the list, I'd be more surprised and actually would question his overall intelligence. Anyone with T-Mac on there would value flash over substance. The funny thing is, the negative response Harden is getting for supposedly not working hard, not caring about defense, is exactly what T-Mac should have been and still should be criticised for. That's why you shouldn't value anything players say about each other, since they all kiss ass and say the other was great.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

1. 13 points in 33 seconds in a regular season game
    2. dunking on Shawn Bradley in the first round
    3. made decision to have surgery because the Rockets were going to trade him for Vince Carter
    4. says Lakers are going to beat the Rockets in the playoffs while he was the highest paid player on the Rockets
    5. quit on teammates against Toronto, let's Jamario Moon go off on us
    6. Mad at Rick Adelman for playing him low minutes after his return from surgery he claimed he needed
    7. Tells Stephen A Smith "It's on me" if they lose in the first round
    8. Had a loyal following of fans who claimed he was better than everybody, precursor to today's Jeremy Lin fans

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Agreed.
    Calvin and Rudy should be mentioned together like conjoined twins. It's hard to say which of them was the clear leader to keep the Rockets afloat in the '70s. But Rudy had a longer career with the organization after his playing days.

Yao and Malone is a tough one. They had almost the same amount of games played for the Rockets. Moses was a more dominant force as a player. But Yao was and still is more "Rocket" in terms of representing the team.

topfive likes this.
  11. raining threes

T-Mac and Mt. Rushmore in the same sentence?

LMAO

tinman likes this.
  12. raining threes

Moses was an all time great.

Yao made the owner money in China.

Give me Moses everyday and twice on Sunday.

tinman likes this.
  13. tinman

Supporting Member

More like Rushmore
    [​IMG]

14. raining threes

Horry/Elie deserve to be on the Rockets Mt.Rushmore than T-Mac.

BaselineFade likes this.
  15. tinman

Supporting Member

Yao was pure that he loved the city , the fans and being a Houston Rocket

His loyalty and selflessness was exceptional

pity he played with Tmac instead of Kobe.

I mean we advanced when we paired him with a less than prime Ron Artest

CCity Zero, meh, Roomba and 2 others like this.
  16. treyk3

treyk3 Member

That is a HOUSTON STAPLE. this is offensive and very impure. This is slander. Invoking its name in a negative way is Houston heresy. Take this back.

tinman likes this.
  17. raining threes

Although Artest was crazy, he was a more well rounded player. One of the best defensive 3's to ever play. T-Mac was nothing more than a selfish highlight player.

tinman likes this.
  18. meh

meh Contributing Member

If you were to ask me who's the better player, I would pick Moses. But putting Moses on a hypothetical Rockets Mt Rushmore is just weird because most fans nationally associate him with the Sixers. Although he played with houston more than any other city, it's still a minority of his total career. And his championship certainly didnt happen in Houston.

I honestly would put Yao, Murphy, and even Hayes to a lesser extent over Moses for this reason. But overall I would pick Yao because if someone were to ask me to tell them about the history of the Rockets, Rudy, Hakeem, Yao, and Harden would represent each era of Houston Rockets history over the decades

REEKO_HTOWN, tinman and Easy like this.
  19. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

They need to put memet okur, deron williams, and Andrei kirilenko on rockets mount Rushmore!!!!!

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Not arguing who's the better player. It's about being iconic for the Rockets.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.