1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tilman Leaves Rockets Legend T-Mac Off Houston Version Of Mt.Rushmore

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by macan, Oct 2, 2019.

1. macan

macan Member

T-mac must be mad..

Richie_Rich, pippsux, s3ts and 2 others like this.
  2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

tough chit

RasaqBoi and daywalker02 like this.
  3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yeah but was DMo on that list

Remlap, napalm06, s3ts and 1 other person like this.
  4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The silver lining for Tracy is that he made the first round in the selection.

Zboy, Richie_Rich, RasaqBoi and 6 others like this.
  5. meh

meh Contributing Member

6. rockets13champs

If u compare Tmac and Yao to this 10s era. They never made it out the first round if I had to compare it probably be like having Mitchell and Gobert on your team. The rockets were the jazz on the 00s with that said tmac is not a top 5 rocket

naldodiaz, da_juice and True Rocket like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

Is that supposed to be controversial? If T-Mac had kept up his 04-05 level of play for at least 6-7 years along with a couple of deep playoff runs then maybe somebody could entertain him being on the Rockets Mt. Rushmore. Instead, he never got out of the 1st round, and he got worse every single year. His jumper declined every season. He came back fatter every season. He racked up injuries.

Orlando T-Mac (especially 02-03 T-Mac) is my favorite player of all time...when he got traded to Houston I was extremely excited

the way he declined during what should’ve been his prime years was just sad, and he had a lot to do with that with his work ethic not being where it should’ve been...u hate to see it

8. topfive

topfive CF OG

My Rockets Rushmore would be: Dream, Harden, Yao, Rudy. It's tough to leave off Calvin and Moses, but Yao had more of an impact on the franchise.

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I became a Rockets fans in 1988 when I moved to Houston. So my own personal Mt Rushmore would include only players that *I* saw and resonated with me.

So *my personal* Mt Rushmore would be:

* Hakeem Olajuwon
    * James Harden
    * Clyde Drexler
    * Yao Ming

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

In fairness, playoff tmac was always a level better but he couldn't elevate a team full of "gritty assets". The garbage team that usually over performed in the regular season (age and injuries from past prime or underrated vets) showed flaws in seven game series.

Dude was always explosive the first half but never had that aggression later on.

Back problems is a legit painful excuse but who knows if conditioning could've helped him push through to a higher level.

Imagine Harden being stuck in year two or three, and you have Tmac's Rockets career in a nutshell without the time wasting disappointment.

da_juice, joshuaao and Caesar like this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Nothing wrong with that.

His MR:
    Hakeem Olajuwon
    Moses Malone
    Elvin Hayes
    James Harden

CometsWin, D-rock and Patience like this.
  12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the anti-Rushmore has got to be Lin, Parsons, Dwert, and . . . DMO? discuss.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I agree with him. T-mac **** talks our team like Kenny and both of those are persona non grata to me as a Rockets fan.

Plus Tracy was a b**** who played injured to get out being on the trade block.

14. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

To compare Yao and TMac's value to this franchise is a joke.

Just ask Les how much money he made in China after Yao was selected by the Rockets and also how much money Tmac made while he was a scrub playing in the CBA.

Without Yao, Les may not even able to sell the team to Tilman with half the price he paid.

#14 Texanasiafan, Oct 2, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
    D-rock and s3ts like this.
  15. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Dream, Murphy, Harden, Rudy (coaching and playing is greater than any other players contribution)

Moses was great but 6 seasons only Murphy is Rocket lifer. 17K points

16. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

How are you missing Pippen from that list?

17. macan

macan Member

gotta put in #bewell as well.

Invisible Fan and Os Trigonum like this.
  18. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

My god Tracy in his entire Rockets tenure only had 30 win shares. I could have sworn it would be more. Harden gets as much in two seasons.

I guess the numbers really do not lie when it comes to properly depicting how much success McGrady was responsible for as a Rocket. At the time we felt so much for him, died a little when he was crying on the podium. But truly he was a basketball player version of Waynes Fontes / Gary Kubiak. They just look so pathetic and beat up, up there on the podium, that you really wanna root for them. When it all comes down to it, however, they're just a hair about mediocrity, if that.

Zboy likes this.
  19. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Pippen(otherwise known as Quitten) is the George Washington on any Rockets Anti-Rushmore for sure

D-rock and Patience like this.
  20. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Tmac is behind Murph. Tmac has got to take responsibility for not even having one conference finals appearance

D-rock likes this.