1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2019 FIBA World Cup in China thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by daywalker02, Jul 26, 2019.

1. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

And it would never come to fruition.

Closest call would be the World Club championship. Euro and South American ballclubs dominate.

In basketball winning the NBA title and claiming yourself 'World Champions' is a bit much but folks won't have a problem with it.

Liverpool winning the CL and claiming the title of 'World Champions' would be too much. Many folks won't agree.

Liverpool wasn't clearly the most consistent team in EPL either, Top 2 yeah.

NBA has been the best for the entire history while EPL teams have struggled to win until now.

Easy likes this.
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

what is scola pay in china?
    dont tell me rockets or any other nba team couldnt use him for becoming better

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

@AroundTheWorld and @Yung-T Hey, was wondering why you didn't answer my question about who would you pick. Then realized I didn't word the question right. I worded it to Stuttgart fans only.

I meant to ask: If you could pick between your favorite club team winning Champions League and your country winning WC, which would you pick. The Stuttgart fans were 50/50 about it. Most all München fans (and others Bundesliga fans) picked Germany. Likely, because Stuttgart hasn't won in 50 years (or something). But anyhow, that's a question I'd like to ask UK fans, too.

What about the Rockets. Rockets winning, or Germany winning FIBA WC?

#384 heypartner, Sep 14, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
  5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe it can tank his value and we can trade him for Nene and others. Joe Ingles with Russ and Harden would be very good for this team.

Note: I doubt the Jazz would do business with us.

6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Is he still under contract?

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Popobitch: Team USA critics are 'immature, arrogant'

"Some people want to play the blame game. There's no blame to be placed anywhere," Popovich said. "They want to play the shame game, like we should be ashamed because we didn't win a gold medal? That's a ridiculous attitude. It's immature, it's arrogant, and it shows that whoever thinks that doesn't respect all the other teams in the world and doesn't respect that these guys did the best they could."

"Their effort was fantastic. They allowed us to coach them," Popovich said of his team. "You give people credit for what they did, and that's it. But it's not a blame and shame game. That's ridiculous."

After the team flies home Sunday, the players and coaches will return to focus on their NBA teams. But the clock is already ticking on USA Basketball. The Tokyo Olympics are in July, and significant changes to the roster are likely.

"This isn't really the time to even think about that," Popovich said of the Olympics. "It's 10 months away."

Vivi likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Daryl Maori team winning the E-Sports WC.......

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Pretty difficult one, I'd probably say World Cup as the event happens only every four years and is also more honest, as you can't just buy a bunch of stars like some clubs do.

Also makes you proud of your country and unites a whole nation for a month, so it's a special event and feeling.

Regarding Rockets Vs Germany FIBA WC, probably the same answer, even more so because Germany's biggest success is a lone Euro Championship and the sport struggles here.

AroundTheWorld and Easy like this.
  10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i have no idea...btw i felt he was good playing for his last nba club toronto...i have no clue why scola isnt in nba...

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

12. Normalus

Normalus Member

Scola choked in Rockets fashion. Now we have to sign him.

B-Bob and hakeem94 like this.
  13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol ricky rubio the world champion!
    ps just goes to show that the rules and the teammates make the champion not the individual quality

Mazulis likes this.
  14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

he is a flopping b**** like no other in the game today. his last few games have been oscar worthy

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Just some more love for Scola, Captain Argentina. Hope he makes it to the Olympics next year.

Lovemachine2000 and daywalker02 like this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I did see Rudy Fernandez again.

18. Lovemachine2000

My takeaway is that all the best basketball players in the world are from outside the US.

JayGoogle likes this.
  19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

A lot of the young players under 25 are international players. The world is getting better. Every year now we have guys going in the top 10 of the draft from other countries.

The USA is still the best nation in basketball though since it has the best league hands down. The next step for international ball is creating a league that can compete with the NBA for eyes and talent. We've really only had one guy leave the NBA for the Euroleague, Josh Childress, a pretty big deal too, surprised it hasn't happened more. I know we have guys that do go back to Europe, like Rudy and Mirotic recently.

20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

the best american players didn't play