1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2019 Fantasy Football (Grade My Team/Draft)

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by FLASH21, Aug 22, 2019.

1. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

This is for anyone looking for advice on their team or would like to be graded on their recent draft.

I am debating whether to drop MVS for Tony Pollard, especially the way things are going with Zeke in Jerry World now. Kareem Hunt is a backup but he won't be around until week 9.

Week 1 is also going to suck because I have the Jags D going up against KC... any suggestions or advise or grades?

Edit: @fadeaway is right, I should have mentioned league size and format (my bad).

This is for a 12 team PPR league I had the 7th overall pick

upload_2019-8-22_13-45-6.png
    upload_2019-8-22_13-45-33.png

#1 FLASH21, Aug 22, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  2. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

I mean it’s the same thing people post in that thread. Every year Post your team or get info/feedback etc.

4. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Also, how can anyone possibly rate your team without knowing the size of the league? That's my biggest pet peeve with "rate my team" requests.

5. The Stig

The Stig Member

12 Team 1/2 point PPR. I had the 11th pick. Rate my draft:

QB: J.Winston
    RB1/2: J.Conner, J.White
    WR1/2: D.Adams, S.Diggs
    TE: E.Engram
    W/R/T: R.Woods
    DST: Philadelphia
    K: G.Tavecheccio (SP?)

BN: K.Golladay, D.Guice, K.Drake, D.Lewis, D.Harris, G.Bernard

I was going BPA until 5th round and then realized I only had 1 RB this whole time. Panicked drafted a lot of them from there. *shrugs

6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Pretty solid teams, with very good WRs. One note, as someone that went into drafts liking Tavecchio (strong leg last year, strong offense, inside domes most of the season), is he missed a few kicks during preseason and there are rumors ATL may try to bring Bryant back. Keep an eye on waivers should that happen.

The Stig likes this.
  7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Damn your receivers are stacked. That's 4 top 20, that would bug me trying to figure out who to start. Odds are Golladay would outscore one
    of the WR you have starting currently on any given week.

8. NewRoxFan

Yes, for a 12 team league his WRs are really stacked... and getting Engram. Its like the other teams were doing dopey things like drafting QBs, DSTs and Ks early.

I'm in a 10 man league so you can't avoid getting people on your bench that could and likely should start... eg, on my 10 team standard league I have Calvin Ridley, Curtis Samuels, and Sony Michel on my bench. Contrast that with my 16 team league where I have Tre'Quan Smith, Trey Quinn, Jamaal Williams, Ryquand Armstead and Brian Hill on my bench. Bye weeks are going to be scary. :eek:

9. NewRoxFan

Follow up to my earlier response:

Falcons agree to terms with three players, including kicker Blair Walsh
    https://www.atlantafalcons.com/news...th-three-players-including-kicker-blair-walsh

The Stig likes this.
  10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

yah 16 team league it would be better to just get the bye weeks all in one week and take the loss and move on haha

NewRoxFan likes this.
  11. NewRoxFan

LOL... that's largely happening with me: week 10 I lose RB1 Fournette, RB2 White, and WR1 Hopkins and a backup RB (Armstead) and backup WR (Trey Quinn). Just taking the L and moving on...

12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Someone tell me if this is or not the worst rankings you have seen.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/fan...op-200-cheat-sheet/11feetzrpunlr1j20ww0ck5052

I'll highlight a few picks for you.

Sony Michel at 71 overall
    Nick Chubb 41 overall

and lastly

Oakland 1st round pick running back Josh Jacobs with no one (except*) around him at pick 74. Except his backup Jalen Richard which should be taken at pick 67.

And one more just for the hell of it David Montgomery from the bears should be taken at 79.

While Nyheim Hines is at pick 62 after losing Andrew Luck and being taken on average in mock drafts at pick 173.

These rankings came out today. Or perhaps updated.

13. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

This guy just has the look of a total goober.

[​IMG]

He has Tarik Cohen at 25.... :rolleyes:

And (as you stated) David Montgomery at 79. Maybe he has some sort of bias to players with limited abilities/roles and has another bias to those higher skilled players on explosive times ala Travis Kelce at 21 and James Conner 14.

This is exactly why I've created my own cheat sheet with my rankings for most of my drafts. I'm pretty sure any of us here would be able to draft up a more respectable rankings cheat sheet than that hot garbage of a list.

14. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Did our draft today. 12 team ppr

QB: Phillip Rivers
    WR: Michael Thomas
    WR: Odell Beckham Jr.
    WR: Keenan Allen
    RB: Sony Michel
    RB: Duke Johnson
    TE: Eric Ebron
    FLEX: Josh Gordon
    K: Robbie Gould
    DEF: LA Rams
    -Adrian Peterson
    -Devante Parker
    -Ryan Fitzpatrick
    -Greg Olsen

BaselineFade likes this.
  15. NewRoxFan

Fifth and final draft last night, took the Zeke gamble and as such had to overpay on Pollard insurance policy. 14 team superflex, drafting out of 13 spot: Winston, Garapolo, Zeke (1.13), Conner, Cooks, Jones Jr. Brown, OJ Howard, MIN (no K), Pollard (7.13), Royce Freeman, TreQuan Smith, Marquis Goodwin, Daniel Jones. Suggestions?

First time doing a Super Flex and with 14 teams worried about getting decent QBs, so drafted Winston 3.13 and Jimmy Grapes 5.13 (after Rivers, Allen, Brady and Cousins picked in round). Didn't know if a third QB was needed but grabbed Jones (11.13) just in case.

16. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

It looks like you went receiver heavy to begin the draft but with you guys having 3 WR positions to fill AND a flex, that will help you out in the long run.

I like what you did with the RB position with trying to get a RB2 workhorse in Michel and then two great PPR guys you can swap out on a weekly based on matchups or flex, with Dukie and Austin.

You may have to trade for another back if AP and DJ don't pan out, either injury or production (lack there of) wise.

17. HTM

HTM Member

10 team standard snake draft - I drafted third - RB's go insanely fast in this league - Hopkins was the first WR off the board at 2.02

QB - Matt Ryan (6th)
    RB1 - Kamara (1st)
    RB2 - Mack (4th)
    WR1- JuJu (3rd)
    WR2- Diggs (5th)
    TE - Kelce (2nd)
    Flex - Miles Sanders/ Christian Kirk (7th/10th)
    K - Lutz (12th)
    D - Philly (15th)

Feeling kind of meh about it... if Miles Sanders can break out that would be nice ... I took Kelce in the 2nd... Idk how I feel about it now.

Anyone care to tell me what they think?

18. The Stig

The Stig Member

19. NewRoxFan

Love Bryant... and kicking for an offensive team and almost all indoors...