1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[MVP] Harden Says Media Narrative Determines MVP

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MystikArkitect, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Lol'd. Nicely done

2. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

Then why? Couldn't be over stats. Or games played. Or how far his team went.

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

Talk that talk Harden!! The media has been out to discredit my guy for years. Reeko is ride or die tho. I wish I could go on some of these talk shows for just 1 day and spread that Rockets gospel while destroying any of these trash Harden takes.

4. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

The justification for fining Harden is that he is undermining the league's determination of the MVP.... The media remark would be seen as a covert snide at the league...

5. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Of course. If the media was honest then Harden would have 4 MVPs

ribbit likes this.
  6. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

This.

At the end of the day I'm just thankful Harden is a Rocket. If the Rockets have a good regular season and he wins another MVP that's great for him, but it doesn't really affect me. If on the other hand he has the worst season statistically of his career and the Rockets win a championship, that definitely puts a smile on my face.

Being selected MVP is a great accomplishment, that will surely mean a lot to him when he's retired, but championships, or a lack of them, are what most fans will remember.

kjayp and snowconeman22 like this.
  7. ribbit

ribbit Member

True. And it also applies (4 MVPs for Harden) if MVPs are determined by relevant objective stats.

8. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

If he had 4 MVPs and 0 rings, I think 100% of this board would be sick and tired of the award.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

The league should be fined for letting the media vote on anything.

hakeem94 and RudyTBag like this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

yawn...

U think Harden isn’t worried about championship trophies?

11. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

NBA rule #1

You can care about the MVP or the title. Never both.

harold bingo and Reeko like this.
  12. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

How bout u give him 2 other allstarz like curry kwahi(or had the team.with 3 all stars all.get hurt minus one) lbj n he would have rings...facts

13. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

People just dont get it..every player that's won a chip this decade has had 2 or 3 allstars. Harden hasnt fact. N kwahi first one 3 allstars. Second one 2 allstars plus his opponent only had one standing...so.really harden has never had the most talent like the other guys had.

hakeem94 and RocketsFan247 like this.
  14. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

We should change this award to MVN for most valuable narrative, and then let the players decide MVP.

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Lord, did anybody listen to Sirius' NBA channel today. They were crucifying the Rockets organization and Harden for this. lol. Amin Elhassan, who likes stirring the pot a bit, and Zach Harper must've gone on for 1-2 hours ridiculing the Rockets as going next-level on whining about everything -- the refs, the mvp, Chris Paul's what-if injury, etc. They both even said they wouldn't have minded if Harden had won the MVP, because they could see the argument for him, but all the whining about the supposed media narrative, refs, league, etc. year after year is getting old. I think on Jared Greenberg/Antonio Daniels' show, they were giving them some grief about saying the media's out to get people as some kind of collective or something, too, but I didn't get to listen to all of that.

16. icewill36

icewill36 Member

the problem is it doesnt always go to the player that deserves it the MOST. james deserved the most in 17-18, AND 18-19. he didnt win because he had already won one, and giannis hadn't, IMO.

17. alethios

alethios Member

Most media is silly, but of course I'm just being facetious. However, they were talking him up after the first 10 games while we were stumbling to a 4-7 start. Harden didn't start the season at an MVP pace but what should have made him the MVP was how he turned it on in December and went on an epic scoring run that lasted the rest of the season.

18. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

He cares more about losing MVP then he does about quitting on his team in the postseason

19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

32-8-8

20. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

One shot in the last 7 minutes (with no KD)