1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Official Houston Dynamo / MLS Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Beavis Stiffler, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Beavis Stiffler

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

The dude has 2 caps. "National team experience" is kind of stretching it a bit. He's been surplus at LAFC. It's another bargain bin shopping move...another "HEY LOOK WE DID SOMETHING!" move that seems like something but really isn't.

Niko Hansen has played 9 games and started 2 for Columbus. He's listed as as forward with them and hasn't scored.

Matt Jordan is not Jeff Luhnow...but maybe he should walk across the street and learn something.

3. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Wilmer fired

I don’t think he’s the problem. No spending and not enough talent is the problem

desihooper likes this.
  4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You hand a man a basket of **** and expect him to make a dish? **** off.

Laughing stock.

desihooper likes this.
  5. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

#FallGuy

Too bad, he had a really nice run last year, just could never figure out how to win on the road. Definitely felt like he (they) competed with one hand (foot) tied behind their back.

6. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Yes, Wilmer was made the fall guy by the guy that should've been fired, too...Matt Jordan. Cabrera may have been dealt a tough hand, but he didn't do s*** with it. There's been no sign of progression. There's no identity to their play. The lineup choices were puzzling many times, too. Cabrera is not blameless by any means.

Man, I wish Oliver Luck was still here.

7. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

How long can the Dynamo exist in this pitiful state? Houston crowds won't show up for a **** team unless they have an NFL logo on their chest. What's the endgame here? Team stays crappy forever? Is it possible to succeed with this ownership "group?" We got a nice little stadium going to waste downtown.

8. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My guess is that the current ownership is waiting to sell until the next round of TV/streaming deals comes in. James Harden's 5% purchase set a market value for the team and they're going to keep holding onto that until they can sell. It's a shame because the current "strategy" does nothing to bring in fans or field a competitive team. There's no strategy beyond cost-saving. When you combine willful mismanagement with Houston summers, it's no wonder nobody wants to go to a Dynamo game anymore.

9. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

I mean, it's obvious they're not trying to pull a Luhnow. They don't appear to have a real plan to get better. But then why fire the coach?! You're not fooling the fans who are left with such a move. I can only conclude that the ownership is fooling themselves—which, Jesus, who knows where delusion might lead them.

It's just offensive what's been done to a once-proud franchise. How do you **** up a soccer team in Houston, Texas? The Robinson Stadium years were so exciting. As pathetic as it is, I'd like to believe your theory about selling after a new TV deal (when might THAT happen?), but when ownership looks THIS feckless, you can't even trust them to understand their own financial interest. Hard to hope.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Lmao.

I legit hope the Dynamo threaten to move.

I just wanna call these idiots bluffs

12. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Austin FC stadium groundbreaking is September 5th.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

The Dynamo looked lifeless tonight. This game was one of the worst beatdowns in the history of the derby. I can only hope we see everyone from the front office down cleaned out, but I’m not holding my breath. The talent isn’t there. The coaching isn’t there. The management, money, marketing, etc. aren’t there. This is a garbage franchise going nowhere. If the MLS had any balls, they’d force Brener and De La Hoya to sell. Pathetic. ****ing disgrace to the city of Houston.

Beavis Stiffler and Kam like this.
  14. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

My only hope is that somehow having James Harden involved will infuse some much needed life, motivation, and capital into the organization. I do agree that leadership is an absolute ****ing joke right now.

Hustle Town likes this.
  15. Beavis Stiffler

Look on the bright side, they scored more than the Texans last weekend.

shrugs.

Hustle Town likes this.
  16. Beavis Stiffler

17. rocketlaunch

rocketlaunch Contributing Member

Tab Ramos is the new HC

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

19. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Honestly, I'm surprised he took the job

20. Beavis Stiffler