1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin: The NBA has given up on me.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

YEAH BABY!!! TINMAN EXTENDING THE LIN THREAD IN THE GARM!!!! LIFE IS GOOD.

let's see if we can give that last Melo thread? a run for its money

2. ButtZilla

ButtZilla Member

3. Hardy Toll Road

He should go to Euroleague. Show that he can still play for a season or two.

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

People with the subscription of 'The Athletic' can take a glimpse.

6. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

So his only strength is his ability to show weakness....? Welp... that explains the portland series because they definitely knew his "weakness" and exploite it.

tinman likes this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://sportando.basketball/en/jeremy-lin-reportedly-in-advanced-talks-with-beijing-ducks/

Reports out of China suggest that Jeremy Lin is in advanced talks to sign with the Beijing Ducks of the CBA.
    Lin's NBA market has apparently been non-existent this summer, which has led him to consider opportunities abroad. Recently, he said that he was considering a move to China for the year, and it appears that may be coming to fruition. Lin is currently in Beijing at a basketball camp.

tinman likes this.
  8. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

He can make unbelievable amount of money in China, the TV Ads, Shoe Deal, Sponsors.
    China is Jeremy Lin, He can dominate in China.

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Lol, he's in for a big surprise if he makes the experience about him rather than about the experience.

don grahamleone likes this.
  10. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

So I'm a fairly big chinese movie fan. Almost all the movies are about what you can do for the glory of your clan or nation or group. Rarely does the individual take credit for himself. It's not very modern-american which is probably why I love their films so much. Is that what you were getting at when you said he's in "for a big surprise"??

I'm intrigued by what you said. Like maybe you're very familiar with chinese culture?

peleincubus likes this.
  11. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I gave up on him after that Portland series.

tinman and Zboy like this.
  12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'm not a native Chinese but I know enough that he's different just by being Taiwanese American, so unless he ends up winning it all like Marbury, no one is going to care about his dreadlocks or cryptic emo tweets. They will care more about a bad attitude or one bad remark (skip all Taiwan questions Jerry...)

I don't think they like name dropping The Jesus either. An unfiltered Tebow would probably be crucified (half figurative) on stage.

I hope he takes it as an opportunity to learn more about Chinese culture rather than being some figurehead his supporters have elevated him to.

P.S. do the Chinese movies you've watched still have a not necessarily bad but definitely not a happy ending?

#232 Invisible Fan, Aug 18, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
    don grahamleone and tinman like this.
  13. Hassan Abdul-Ahmed

as a minority, i appreciate j lin making the nba but he was not good enough. hakeem abdul olajuwon, mahmoud abdul rauf, shareef abdur rahim, now those were good minorities that had successful careers

tinman likes this.
  14. Mr 1999

Mr 1999 Member

good. Jeremy Lin is trash and should've been out of the NBA years ago

15. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

RIP to the Beijing Ducks message board. "Why won't Zhai Xiaochuan pass to Lin? All Lin wants is best for the team, but jealous coach and players conspire against him. Hope he's traded to Shenzhen Aviators where he'll be appreciated."

macho GRANDE, Zboy and tinman like this.
  16. MD_in_Training

Wait what?

Hardy Toll Road likes this.
  17. Mr 1999

Mr 1999 Member

this is a super close minded take. China has some of the best art in the entire world. Their cinema is extremely diverse and touches on plenty of topics. If I were you I'd be careful not to pigeonhole other cultures. It makes you come across as a very judgmental person.

18. don grahamleone

That's real rich coming from a guy who commented on Beadle's figure as a reason to keep her on air. Check yourself. You're not going to make me any less a fan of chinese film. I love their films. Don't turn my love into some kind of hate speech. You're looking for fights where there are none.

You are absolutely full of **** if you want to belittle a woman by saying she should be on air because of her body, but someone who loves chinese film because of some overarching themes you belittle them as well? Get a life, man. You are so ****ing full of it, you have zero credibility.

Long Live Chinese Film!!! (and **** off mr 1999! Grow some integrity!)

Bo6, Invisible Fan and Roomba like this.
  19. PhiSlammaJamma

I'd say showing weakness has it's perks with other humans, especially women, they eat it up. People like to see weakness so they can show compassion. And people like to tear down those who do not show it. But when competing in sport or business, I would argue that you need to cover up any weakness you have like a cat. Just hide it so that it isn't exploited.

20. don grahamleone

Generally they have happy endings. I love their war films especially. The principals of 'The Art of War by Sun Tzu' are almost always a theme. I don't know if you're a fan of their film like me, but here's the ones I can remember:

The Admiral
    Red Cliff
    Warlords
    Taking of Tiger Mountain
    Hero
    Fearless
    House of Flying Daggers
    Emperor and the Assassin
    IP Man (not as much of a favorite, but I respect the story telling in this series)

I basically watch anything I can find on Netflix because I know it'll have subtitles. I wish more was readily available.

Roomba likes this.