1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2019/2020 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Yung-T, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Fantasma Negro

[​IMG]

daywalker02 likes this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Who? Haha, but I enjoy David Luiz striking his way to Arsenal, who would have thought.....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Let's roll!

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  3. Fantasma Negro

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dang, I have to root for him harder than ever now.

Rockets, ships, cannons and gooners make tons of sense.

(COYG = Come on you Gunners, didn't know that one before ;))

#104 daywalker02, Aug 10, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
    Fantasma Negro likes this.
  5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Senpai pls.

If we cheap out because of a 2mil difference I'm done with this front office.

daywalker02 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  6. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I already am. Ever since Hoeneß came back, it has been a disaster.

Yung-T and daywalker02 like this.
  7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

8. Croatian Sensation

Croatian Sensation I'd rather be a forest than a street

Again, I repeat, Olmo is the realest of the real deals. He hasn't played much for Dinamo during this season's start (because he wants to leave and is holding out for an offee), but every time he stepped on the pitch he seemed a couple of classes above everyone else. Scored in all three games that he played in so far, one in the Croatian league, two in CL qualis (came off the bench in one).
    Btw Dinamo won't budge from their 30-35mil evaluation, they have a very real chance to make the Champions League, and if Olmo is still there, they can make some real noise and hopefully luck into being 3rd in the group. And then I'd value him at 45mil. I also really hope he changes his mind from playing for Spain and joins our national team, he's fluent in Croatian and Dinamo made him one of the greatest talents in football today.

Perišić is an impressive hard worker, Kovač will do wonders with him. One problem though, he already tends having games where his speed and dribbling are inefficient and just stubbornly loses possession left and right, and he's only getting older. Although, he'll always do his defensive duties and needs only one chance where his stubborn attacking will break down the defence.

#108 Croatian Sensation, Aug 10, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
  9. Raz

Raz Member

I mean, as a filler for 5M€ Perisic is fine, just hope that's not the end of the line. Can't rely on Davies and Arp, even though I like their potential.

For next season, sign Sané and Havertz. Plus maybe Werner, if he joins for free.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  10. Fantasma Negro

When I saw it I immediately felt guilt for all the trade scenarios I'd included him in over the last year lol. Ya Gunners Ya!!!

daywalker02 likes this.
  11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

It's a good filler for 5mil and the 20mil buying option is cheap for a player of that caliber (followed him a bit since he left Bundesliga and he improved a ton, would even put him above our current wingers).

Just praying they still grab a prospect this summer, only buying a vet like Perisic instead of huge talents like Olmo, Ziyech, Everton, Neres etc would be terrible planning and fit right in with what the management has done in recent years.

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Glory GLORY Man United!!!!

Loving the Youth and speed.......

DD

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

15. Gdaliya

Gdaliya Member

Watching PSG playing and i'm torn between my dislike of the club and how much I love Di maria and Mbappe.

Any guesses on what would happen with Neymar? I can't keep up with all the rumors.

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Media saying Real Madrid is the most likely destination atm, put up a huge offer (180mil plus Modric).

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Surprise...not.

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Nice lad.

19. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Smoke to pressure Barcelona to pony up more money or better players. That said, I hope not.

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

And Falk:
    "For Ziyech now its too late, he signed a new contract at Ajax. But there were talks we know that – there were talks with Bergwijn, talks with Werner, but they still said wait, we have to do the other transfer first. In some people’s view it is too late now, but we will see what happens."

Imagine negotiating with Bayern and being told to wait for months because of other transfers, Uli and Kalle really thought players would wait like little fanboys. Shows how arrogant and out of touch this management is.