1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Gerald Green's Loyalty &Improvements Could Make Him Way More Valuable in 2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by don grahamleone, Aug 4, 2019.

1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Who wrote this fluff piece?

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. Why not?

Why not? Member

Couple ideas (I didn’t read other comments so I hope these are fresh):

Improving rebounding: 1-block out after the shot goes up no matter where you are on the floor; 2-practice anticipating the trajectory of rebounds based on where it hit and likelihood of direction based on where the shot was taken

Improving defense: 1-get lower (GG is almost always too high in his stance and that’s how he gets blown by even with his elite athleticism); 2-effort (GG puts a lot of energy into his offense, as explosive as he is, he needs to use more of that energy on the defensive end to cut guys off rather than saving it for fast breaks or highlight dunks); 3-stop taking risks... they only result in silly fouls (GG doesn’t really have great anticipation... I’d rather see him hunker down and just worry about staying in front of his man instead of hunting for blocks or steals)

Just my 2 cents. I love GG how he is though. He brings a little chaos that I think Westbrook is going to amplify to the Nth degree. I believe in him and that he can still improve in these 2 areas but I still would be holding out for 1 more 3nD wing. Thanks for the thread OP!

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

Interesting Gerald tidbit: For just this upcoming season, Harden and Westbrook will each earn twice as much playing basketball as Gerald has earned over his entire 12-year NBA career.

don grahamleone likes this.
  4. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

the effort may be there but I'm skeptical that we see any difference. he is who he is.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

He is what he is. Bench players bring one talent to the court. And he has that. He can jump and he's a decent scorer. But he has never shown he can go any further than that so he'll always be an end of the rotation type of guy if he's lucky. But he's replaceable. Unfortunately, we have some bench players starting too. And that's been our downfall. We need role players to start.

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

9 finger discount?

topfive and don grahamleone like this.
  7. Acura

Acura Member

Gerald would have never been unemployed if he could play competent defense. I really don’t understand how such an athletic guy can’t be competent on the defensive end. Get ready for some open Russ 3s green. Don’t miss.

8. Acura

Acura Member

And what is weird about that? They are infinitely more talented than Gerald. No shame in that.

9. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Gerald will be the Rockets secret weapon this season.

[​IMG]

But seriously - I hope he retires a Rocket.

10. Sanity2disChaos

House has more promise than Green and I expect them to fall in line accordingly.

Green had all the potential to be a STAR!! His knowledge of the game and court awareness killed that.

I do wish he would drive and finish more. He’s so one dimensional now.

11. rhino17

rhino17 Member

You can’t ask for more from a 9th man on the contracts he is willing to take. He’s a very valuable swing piece to have if someone gets injured.

12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Amen. Minimum player leading the NBA in threes off the bench. Fantastic player at this price.

Relativist likes this.
  13. topfive

topfive CF OG

Who said it was weird? I said it was interesting. The words aren't synonyms.

Roomba and don grahamleone like this.
  14. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I don't gather that Acura is coming in trying to make friends. I'm not sure what the m.o. is yet. If he chills out and tries to get a feel for what we do and joins in, we're gonna be fine. But this tornado style thing isn't gonna work out well.

topfive likes this.
  15. topfive

topfive CF OG

It reminds me of last summer's Melo-only-fan who jumped in with both guns blazing, slamming anyone who dared question the greatness of his hero. If I recall, he made so many waves that he got the ban hammer before Carmelo himself did.

YOLO and don grahamleone like this.
  16. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

The one problem is that Westbrook is legit AND he's going to make us better each and every game he plays in.

Roomba, ISOBall and topfive like this.
  17. Acura

Acura Member

I apologize for triggering you

18. Acura

Acura Member

Exactly. Harden and Westbrook will be unguardable

19. Acura

Acura Member

Sorry that I seemed to have struck a nerve with you.

20. topfive

topfive CF OG

AKA "Sorry I made you overreact."

I sincerely hope you figure out what ClutchFans is all about so you can stay longer than a week or two without getting booted.

My suggestion: Read more, talk less. At least until you get a feel for things.

Roomba and don grahamleone like this.