1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Westbrook press conference?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jul 18, 2019.

1. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

As long as we dont sign derek fisher

2. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

I'm loving it. This is all.i ever wanted for harden. A player this good.

I was tired of all.the harden hating. Now everybody can finally be judged next year

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. topfive

topfive CF OG

"#34 was Otis Thorpe, right?"

Vivi and dachuda86 like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

6. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Its strange it really is but Im starting to love it. I had to get used to not hating Chris Paul and I did that. I actually never hated Westbrook just his fans so this will be easier.

7. Texanstradamus

Not for me

Tfor3 likes this.
  8. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Oh they took pics today. That’s why he went and got his hair did.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  9. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I’m excited to see Harden play with an actual guy who will join him in the Allstar game.....

Dwight should’ve worked but he wouldn’t concede the team and gameplay to Harden.

Cp3 did work really well, but he was well past his prime.

Although I didn’t think he would fall off as much as he did last season seeing as he was still performing at a top 10 player impact level his first season here.

But it’s nice knowing that no matter what Harden has someone on the team that will avg 20+ points next to him. That’s a first in his rockets career.

Ppl are underestimating this aspect.

We actually have a guy who will score 25+ almost every night next to James.

Should be interesting to say the least.

But I do think our offense is great for Russ, I love that so many ppl and media think it will be a disaster, and that just makes me think that these ppl are saying it won’t work because if it does the rockets will be unstoppable.

Russ does the stuff we Suck at, rebounding and pushing the ball up the court.

If him and Harden can just attempt to play off ball a little more then the offense will be scary.

Richie_Rich, gotsis, D-rock and 12 others like this.
  10. JW86

JW86 Member

Those alley oops are going to be lit, if Harden can catch them. Westbrook joked they used to do it, but it depends on Harden’s ability to jump :) hahaha

Franchise and Cat were very entertaining so these should be too. We have 2 all-stars again! And 2 MVPs!

hakeem94 and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

needing 20 shots to avg 20 pts isnt exactly jaw dropping

12. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Westbeast - welcome to Houston!

daywalker02 likes this.
  13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Is this.... a joke?

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  14. topfive

topfive CF OG

Of course.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

fyi brehs i always try to do exactly 34 total reps per gym exercise, 34 laps in the pool, 34min cardio etc

i don't know any other #

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. topfive

topfive CF OG

Russ looks fat.

Wulaw Horn and amaru like this.
  18. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I agree with the House part I wish he could have played but we do not know what was being asked and demanded. It may have help the Rockets in the long run.

I am still not sold on having to keep Knight and paying him and being over the repeater tax for it. Again the story was it was to be far more flexible and go into the tax for the rest of Harden's prime. Now its up to Tilman/Morey to put their "money where their mouth is" I do believe it should be an impact player btw. I wouldn't fault them for not going into the tax for not picking up a guy like Jeremy Lin off of FA/waiver wire.

I agree Morey has done well with his second round picks but Melo needed to go and based on what they found out there keeping MCW made no sense. After all Morey did get House, Rivers and Faried mid season as pick ups and we were able to retain both House and Rivers for this season. I think those two guys are going to be more of an immediate force than a 2nd round pick.

BTW I am not all rah rah Tilman here, but I will give him a benefit of a doubt. He needs to meet his own demands here. There is a benefit of hindsight we have here in saying if we did X, Y and Z instead of saving money we could have been in the finals given how things played out. If Morey and Tilman knew that we could be facing a Warriors team that wouldn't have KD from game 6 onwards I am sure more would have been done at the trade deadline, but they didn't. I didnt really like our overall odds going into the playoffs but injuries changed a lot of that.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Great, we got 2 thicc Guards and ThiCC.

20. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

"Can you make it look like the top of my head has a vagina?"

"I gotchu fam"

topfive likes this.