1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

trump's nativist/racist tweets

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jul 14, 2019.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I like a lot of what you say. I don't dismiss the pessimism, and I even share a lot of it with our fellow posters, but I will say just about every major new communications technology looks hopeless for years before our species really learns how to use it well. There's still a chance that happens before the addictive attention economy destroys a lot of our cultural decency.

I mean... when television first began, nobody could have imagined something as interesting as Chernobyl airing, or The Wire, etc.

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly. I think that is what I was talking about with the growing pains. It will take a while. But like I said I believe/hope that our society will adapt.

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

He "disavowed" the "lock her up" chants too... yea, sure...

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The future of the country is at stake.

Democrats are failing the test. Republicans/Trumpocracy is failing Democracy - deliberately.

This was the danger of slow-walking impeachment. You normalize this ****. It gets worse. You normalize more ****, it gets worse.

This is an excellent piece:
    https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/a...er-back-battle-will-define-us-forever/594307/

Time for Nancy to act. Instead she is trying to block impeachment...for what exactly? To pass more bills for wretched Mitch McConnell to not take up? Because we'd rather slowly head to a fascist state rather than quickly head to one? What is her long term vision here? She doesn't have one. Instead she relies on bullshit beltway analysis that impeachment is bad, from the same peopel who also assumed you couldnt' be an openly incompetent white supremacist/serial rapist etc and become President.

if Impeachment is not designed for this, than it can basically never be used - and that's just giving up your weapon without even trying.

BaselineFade and RayRay10 like this.
  5. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

I'm sure your personal account is true. (I have no reason to doubt it)

Now, every person of color has experienced the same? I don't believe that for a second.

6. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Eh, Omar had it comin'. She has made very controversial statements. Politics is not bean bag.

The political arena is different from the "civilian" arena.

In a similar way, if J. Clowney tackled you in the street, he would be arrested for assault.

He tackles you on the field on Sunday afternoon? That's part of the game.

7. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

I saw that. He is backpedaling. It's unfortunate.

8. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

haha. 1952 had its pluses. Better cars, Elvis, there were only two genders....I could go on..... :D

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Better cars? Lol wut

10. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Bad news Dems and SJWs: :D

upload_2019-7-18_16-2-37.png

11. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

FIFY

12. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

13. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

It’s a racist chant and completely Un-American and even the President is being advised to back off.

And his supporters think it’s unfortunate. Here’s a boomer meme Leftards

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  14. foh

foh Member

I thought you weren't going to vote for him. Do you think repealing 22nd amendment is a good subject for a joke?

Are we sure you are not a troll from Russia? (They love 30 year long presidential terms there and also pay trolls big salaries. If you are not from there, you ought to seriously consider moving.)

I don't like Omar, but she is duly elected congresswoman and any form of perceived harrasment within the government based on such things as ethnicity is against the law. Trump acting above law is getting old.

VooDooPope likes this.
  15. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

He has small hands. :cool:

16. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Well, that was mostly humor, but I'll say this: if we are going to limit the president to two terms, I'm not sure why we are not doing the same with Congress. Why one standard for one but a different standard for the other? I know....the Repubs did it because of FDR, but even so....

17. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Russia has hotter women than we do, and they know their place. Just sayin.':D

18. foh

foh Member

I'm russian (there goes my credibility). American women are hotter. And as far as why not have term limits for congress: AOC couldn't do the amount of damage Trump did to our institutions and national standing in a lifetime as a congresswoman and it took President Trump just 2 years.

Trolls are the worst when it comes to politics imho. Especially if trollish person becomes a politician with power.. Nothing is sacred.

19. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

No, -there- goes your credibility.

20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

FranchiseBlade likes this.