1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[O'Connor] Harden may have request trade from the Rockets if Chris Paul weren't traded...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by blahblehblah, Jul 17, 2019.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Man, it’s like a land of confusion

2. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

I said this was what would happen if the Rockets didn't get Westbrook in another thread and was shot down hard lmao. A lot of "respectable" posters hating too hard on Westbrook and not seeing that Chris Paul was not a good fit anymore both physically and for the psyche of the team.

RichieBanks likes this.
  3. biff17

biff17 Member

He might have heard something but Windhorst and another writer said that rumours where being spread from sources that were anti rockets.

Just because he heard something doesn't make it true.

4. malakas

malakas Member

When I was listening to that podcast in the morning, my immediate thought was that his source was actually Clutchfans.
    Who is KOC?
    He is a great writer and fan of analytics but sources and breaking stories? Not really.
    Espexcally when its only him that has this exclusive detail.
    Its obvious at this point that their relationship had soured but if Harden had threaten to ask out we would have heard it from a bigger name.

RichieBanks and topfive like this.
  5. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Plus this would be the first time I have heard Oconnor reporting anything of substance from a source. Hard to get behind a "may have" story from a guy who isn't particularly known for his NBA connections though as mentioned before he is a decent writer for sure.

malakas likes this.
  6. T for 3

T for 3 Member

POF’s scrambling, emergency narrative revamp.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

. . . . . because we all remember Kobe changing his game to accommodate other players

Rocket River

fckbandwagons likes this.
  8. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Remember your first question at this time next year should, God forbid, this situation blow up in a Carmelo-esque nasty way. I don't think it will. But if it did, the fact that James was a prime mover behind getting this deal done will not stop him from complaining about the situation and demanding it be fixed. One way or the other.

I agree with your post.

malakas likes this.
  9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

100%

Harden is the one who got with CP3 and made that move happen. They worked it out together.

malakas likes this.
  10. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Why won't Morey be there? Didn't he sign a large, multi-year extension? As one of the "Damn it: spend already, Tillman!", contingent, the thought that Fertitta would eat several years of Morey's contract doesn't make sense to me.

Mazulis likes this.
  11. ch44

ch44 Member

13BeardsIN1, Deuce, itzIce and 6 others like this.
  12. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I'm so sad about RoCo not being here.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It was probably always unrealistic to get a true difference maker like Covington. The issue I have is they just flat out didn't get anybody with a mid-range salary that could be used for future trade purposes. Just a complete missed opportunity that should have always been accounted for.

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

but we're gonna dunk a lot and get up and down the court. are u not entertained?

J Sizzle, Gray_Jay and YOLO like this.
  15. DirtyDizzil

DirtyDizzil Member

Someone in CP3 camp might of started this rumor, cause you know, any rumor spreads like wildfire.

16. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Hey, they still have Shumpert's rights, which they can use to bring a player back....shoot, I can't finish typing it without laughing.

No Rockets front office or beat writer job for me, I guess.

17. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

18. topfive

topfive CF OG

Morey at his next stop as an NBA GM: "No superstars! My new analytics data say the way to go is all role players with no giant contracts and zero say in roster moves!"

19. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Well if CP3 could have still played like he did his first season with the Rockets, we wouldn't have Westbrook. Instead he played in only 58 games (again), but this time his stats dropped across the board. Not even including the eye test where he clearly lost a step.

I don't blame Harden for not wanting to carry the load for the regular season and playoffs again.

20. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Yeah I don’t either....I don’t blame the FO or Harden for getting CP3 or moving him. The variable here was CP3’s drop off in play.