1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

trump's nativist/racist tweets

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jul 14, 2019.

1. TheresTheDagger

You folks really can be dense sometimes. It's the emotional anger I suppose clouding all reason or ability to look past what's in front of you.

My post didn't defend Trump's statement. What it DID do is make a political observation of what he's doing as a strategy.

But ANGER!!!!!11!11!ELEVEN!!111

BruceAndre likes this.
  2. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Pretty sure there's a Supreme Court case on this one. ie, "hate speech doesn't exist."

dachuda86 likes this.
  3. mick fry

mick fry Member

I’m sorry if I touched a nerve.

dachuda86 likes this.
  4. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Leftists are emotional thinkers.

dachuda86 likes this.
  5. TheresTheDagger

Well, because the poll I cited (and "Top Democrats" as cited in the Axious article about the same) says so?

6. mick fry

mick fry Member

From you that’s a compliment ya communist.

dachuda86 and BruceAndre like this.
  7. TheresTheDagger

LOL. Whatever dude. Ride that outrage to another shellacking in the polls. Just bury that head in the sand to the Axios article.

Nook, mick fry and BruceAndre like this.
  8. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

There are any number of things that are more important than racism. The economy would be one. Taxes would be another.

Also, the demand for racism in the US exceeds the supply of it, and by a large margin.

mick fry likes this.
  9. mick fry

mick fry Member

That was no meltdown just a plain ol asskickin.

BruceAndre and dachuda86 like this.
  10. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dems more that Republicans suffer from voting apathy. The Dems did well in Texas midterms not from swing voters, but from apathetic Dems getting motivated to vote.

Trump has his locked in 40% who are determined to ride The Titanic all the way to New York and that's not going to change.

If Trump did this a week before the election, he'd lose. But anger is fleeting. Hopefuly he keeps being the offensive racist boor right up through the election.

If you Trump supporters really want to die on this racist mountain, go ahead and plant your flag. If you think all America is rising up to support Donnie here, that puts a smile on my face. I love that you guys are keeping this alive.

Donnie can turn any villain into a hero. Conservatives defending AOC.. who else IN THE WORLD could accomplish this, beyond the deceased OBL?

11. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

OK, here's my thought. First, there is no faux outrage, and there is no getting past trump's nativist and racist tweet. And trump supporters own it... without voicing their outrage, they instead admit that they believe it, regardless of pretending he meant something else, or "that its faux outrage."

Yes, trump is what he is... a racist. I don't care if he supporters minds will be changed or not. trump supporters have already shown what their moral and integrity standard is. Their willingness to at best "look aside" but more likely nod approvingly with what he says is on them.

This has nothing to do with the Democratic party... the four congresswoman are simply an excuse, or a trigger for trump's nativist/racists thoughts. The fact that he didn't even know three of the four were native born and the fourth was a naturalized citizen just shows it had nothing to do with them. Instead, its on trump, and moreso, on those that support/defend/enable him.

So those are my thoughts... happy?

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Why are you shocked and chagrined that a poster like yourself who defends Trump at almost every corner on this message board by explaining his intent would not draw the assumption by the vast majority of this message board that you are defending him by explaining his motives and plan?

I have no way to honestly determine if your explination was a defense of him or not. Going by your post history, it's a very rational assumption that you are defending his racist tweets.

And now you are just going to label any crticism as irrational anger. Yes, I'm typing in caps lock.:rolleyes:

If you don't want to seem like you are defending Trump, then don't come into a thread with your post history with no condemnation and just went straight to "lol Trump is making Democrats defend extreme leftists" and expect people to assume that you already are against his racist tweets.

13. NewRoxFan

Not when the figurehead for racism in America is the president of the United States. He, hand his supporters/defenders/enablers make up enough of the population to control much of the direction of the country.

Any/all of the other republican presidential candidates would have had right wing approaches to taxes and the economy. And likely would have offered better approaches to both. So justifying trump based on those two things is disingenuous at best.

14. TheresTheDagger

Fixed it for you.

mick fry likes this.
  15. fchowd0311

You came into a thread about the president stating a tired and frequent racist trope with "Trump is forcing the Democrat's hand to defend extreme leftists" and now are shocked and chagrined that people are assuming you are defending his statements.

Please explain how I am misrepresenting your post.

16. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

This is how the leftist hive mind appears to normal people.

mick fry likes this.
  17. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think the Dems have different opinions of AOC. I think each Dem might have different opinions about different things she does. For instance, when made the accusation that Pelosi was targeting women of color, I think most Democrats disagreed with that assessment. Unlike the right, they don't blow everything AOC does out of proportion. They understand that she is young, loves the United States and has a lot of ideas about changes. They also understand that perhaps she still has a lot to learn.

That's my guess. I personally like some of her ideas and disagree with some of her ideas. I think she often has great intentions but not always the pragmatism to find a way to accomplish her ideals.

I don't have a problem with most of what the others have done or said.

I wasn't outraged at your post. I just found it absurd that anyone defending others against racist attack would have anything to lose. Of course, they would have something to lose from Trump supporters who were never going to support them anyway. They aren't losing anything from people who disagree with xenophobia and racism.

biff17 and Deckard like this.
  18. NewRoxFan

Oh, that mavericky susan collins and especially disappointed look on her face... "way over the line" you say?

19. TheresTheDagger

Sure there was faux outrage, because he took umbrage of MY post ...which was a political observation only.

See. You agree. People's minds are made up about Trump by now EXCEPT the swing voters which if you reference back are the ones my post was all about. I notice you didn't address that though.

This has everything to do with the democrat party. AOC and company are their problem and its affecting swing voters views of the Democrat party in critical districts in a MAJORLY negative way

I'm always happy. :)

BruceAndre likes this.
  20. fchowd0311

She's still abhorrent by stating that these Congresswomen made anti-semitic comments.