1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[July 2019] Do you like the CP3 for Westbrook trade?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sajan, Jul 11, 2019.

?

Do you like the trade?

Poll closed Oct 11, 2019.
  1. Yes

509 vote(s)
    75.6%
  2. No

164 vote(s)
    24.4%
  1. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

I like it, but I like the gamble. It could blow up in our face or it could deliver a championship. Feels like a coin toss it could go either way.

2. malakas

malakas Member

When Presti gets rid of CP3 without giving away a first round pick what you will say?

justtxyank likes this.
  3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Right. Wait until he gets an asset back for cp3

malakas likes this.
  4. YaoMingsSoulja

You know I was hoping that cp3 had a tough year. He was dealing with injuries and I thought maybe he'd be able to come back the next year the same as what he was when we first got him. We'll have to see what happens from here. Not sure how the new duo is going to work out. Westbrook is just as ball dominant as Harden is. We'll have to see how he plays off the ball. Not to mention both these guys demand the ball in their hands in the final minutes of the game. They both want to be the star. I hope they are smart enough to learn to play together and not get into disagreements like paul and harden did at the end of last year. I can say one thing for sure tho, I'm a lot more excited about this coming season than I was before the trade happened!

5. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

6. douglasreedy1

douglasreedy1 Member

God I hope you’re wrong that was freaking dark

7. SemisolidSnake

I'm still kind of mystified by it, but if James and Russ are still good friends, that bodes well for team chemistry. My immediate and still sustained thoughts were that it's a better fit for us. I don't know how, but I know Chris was not a good fit. He and James both have raw energy and explosiveness, and if they can figure out how to complement each other, that seems pretty great. Let James shoot the threes and let Russ drive to the basket. I'll gladly welcome him, and hopefully he doesn't give us reason to unwelcome him.

plutoblue11 likes this.
  8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

If that happens, I'll eat my hat. There's simply no logical way Pat Riley, or anyone else, would GIVE UP assets to take on a 34 year old declining PG with 3 years of max contract left on his deal. I know you and @malakas aren't fans of this deal, but I'd say step off the ledge a little bit. Harden WANTED this trade. Let's see how it plays out, and more than anything else, let's trust our MVP for the time being.

9. MadRox

MadRox Member

One thing Westbrook does bring is attacking the basket before defense is set up. With Harden it's taking his time, walking down the ball pass halfcourt. Maybe Westbrook should bring up the ball, try to find easy basket, if not, relegate to Harden.

10. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

+1.

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

If you think Westbrook understands how to "If not, relegate", you don't know Westbrook respectfully. If Russ is attacking the rim off a fast break, he's got tunnel vision for better or worse. This is who the guy is, and I doubt he'll change.

The positives are that at the very least the Rockets can always have one of Russ or Harden on the court at all times like they did with CP3, and give Harden more rest during the game and during the season to not have to carry the load 95% of the time. CP3 was becoming an unreliable partner for Harden with his health issues, and Harden had too many minutes last season.

But lets be honest about the fit of Harden and Westbrook on the court together. Even in OKC before when they were in their first years together Scott Brooks had to bring Harden off of the bench to have them run the show without tripping on each other. I hope it works, and they mesh well again, but its unlikely to be an excellent on the court mix at the same time... but that's fine for reasons mentioned.

12. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

we had to make it. now we have a chance in the west....still need to add at least two more players, a SF and PF, but we were finished with CP3. Best part is we can still add some players this year and there will be next year too....hopefully we can extend gordon to a reasonable deal. He is the one who should benefit the most as he'll be wide open from the three point line trailing the break with harden and russ.

13. threepointshot3

Lol one guy is 4 years younger and a way more durable player not to mention a better player to .

plutoblue11 likes this.
  14. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

lol the media and fans dictate the vegas odds though. A lot of action is going to be put on Houston winning the title since we shook things up and replaced an aging star with a younger big name. The line adjusts accordingly

harold bingo likes this.
  15. basketballholic

Westbrick shot 34% on pullup 2- point jumpers and 26.4% on pullup 3's last season. His overall efg on pullups was a miserable 36%.

Pullup jumpers accounted for over 40% of his shots last season. Opponents were overjoyed to see him pullup.

If there's one shot Weatbrick needs to eliminate from his repertoire..... it's PULLUP JUMPERS!!!!!

And you're advocating its his best shot and we should utilize it?!?!?!?

ARE
    YOU
    INSANE!

16. basketballholic

Just to be perfectly clear

Westbricks best shot is a driving DUNK. He hits about 98% of those. That is the shot that we need to utilize.

Not his 18 foot pullup jumpers!!!!!

17. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Nasty

[​IMG]

amaru likes this.
  18. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Harden and Westbrook may have to make sweet love to each other before this works. In fact, that goes for the whole team.

First day of training camp
    [​IMG]

Von Rafer likes this.
  19. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Very true, haha.

20. ball king23

ball king23 Member