1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WOJ: BREAKING Westbrook to Houston for CP3 & Picks!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Xerobull, Jul 11, 2019.

1. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

My patbev fandom is confused

2. HP3

HP3 Member

So you think this was a Daryl type move? Or James? Or Tilman?

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

SCENE- A moonlit dock in the Bahamas, Mike Dantonio and Daryl Morrow are conversing

Mike: is this gonna work out? Is this really a good idea? The logistical thing is kind of a cluster.

Daryl. **** it. Let's just do it and be legends

4. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

I can’t believe some of y’all are upset but wanted us to get Jimmy Butler without giving up anyone. This trade will be iconic.

hakeem94, bilaal14, gatsby and 4 others like this.
  5. Rocket_Man_2.0

Harden and Westbrook is still not enough...trade Capela for Hayward!!

6. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

Surprisingly enough they're more level headed about the whole thing than we are and some are even pulling for us. Russ was like their god, they'll never turn on him. I wished this fanbase had even a fraction of that devotion for Harden.

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

Nope WB had less salary than Cp3

8. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

9. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

I see what you did there.

IvanLCPM, BigShasta and studogg like this.
  10. amaru

amaru Member

CP seems to cause issues wherever he goes. Blake tried to flatten him during the Clippers rematch lol. Dwert....well his history is rather lengthy as well.

11. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I believe the rebounding part but how did our defense improve? Russ sucks at defense. How did Harden's assists improve? This guy can't shoot.

ksny15 likes this.
  12. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Right, at this point its not like they are developing them.

13. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Harden pushed for this trade so he can spend more time at the clubs. Now the blame wont fall squarely on his shoulders.

14. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

I'm going with hopeful

15. Crybabyjames

Crybabyjames Member

You just put 2 losers on the same team . Harden quits in playoffs and Westbrook couldn’t win **** with Paul George . Morrey has done an amazing job destroying the franchises next 6 years . Analytically cp3 is a far better player in our offense . Now we get a guy who will take a lot of shots away from harden and can’t hit a 3 . This has the smell of desperation . Cp3 will be laughing when Lakers beat us in playoffs. How anyone can justify this is just refusing to see how bad this will be for us . Look up cp3 analytics vs Westbrook and than let me know what you think . Lebron is jumping for joy

16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

My guy put down the blunt ... boogie signed with LA last week.

hakeem94 and Sajan like this.
  17. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Matching egos to harden was proving to be an issue with Dwight howard then cp3.

People are way overlooking the coworker aspect. Supposedly harden are good buddies and can yell at each other like brothers and hug it out.

I think matching someone to go with hardens ego was and has been a big challenge. Very overlooked. Harden is a pain in the ass. Coincidentally westbrook and harden are both diva pains in ass but somehow they are friends from old days and with the history and time together on okc too they have something. This is a big deal.

If the reports are true this was harden our best player wanting someone.

People question how they will mesh when its basketball and they are good players that have played together.

Also note none of this probably would have happened had duramt not busted his leg or kwahi went to clips.

There are a finite number of all stars and when okc went into fire sale mode westbrook became available.

Morey is genius as usual. The guy is a living god im going to try to meet him at some point and see if he will be my friend.

18. YallMean

YallMean Member

Ok, Dantoni is going to unleash Wes? Wes is Dantoni kind of PG. Ball no need energy now. Wes is a one man energy ball

19. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I’m loving this.

About to go watch a bunch of Westbrook highlights

IBTL and don grahamleone like this.
  20. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

a lot depends on if westbrook's atrocious shooting season last year was the start of a sharp decline or just an off year before a bounce back. if last season is a trend, he could realistically become unplayable faster than paul (in time, not age). or he could average 23/11/8 and be a fastbreak monster for us that paul could never be and it works out perfectly. definitely one of the least comforting trades for an mvp still in his prime i've ever seen.

hakeem94 and Relativist like this.