1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Rockets playing chess AND poker

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Jul 10, 2019.

1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

as do i. as in dumping big contracts once they realize this group's window is closed

Jake Tower and ksny15 like this.
  2. basketballholic

I question your fandom here.

3. ksny15

ksny15 Member

We always think a big move it happening with Morey. It isn't. He isn't some insanely brilliant GM that can do anything. He got very lucky with the JH trade and honestly the CP3 was good value for both teams.

This is the squad we are rolling with this season. I think they bring shump back too. It would be dumb not to.

4. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

5. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

If I may be so bold as to speak for @pippendagimp he and many of us are fans of the team, not the regime/ownership.

6. basketballholic

You have no reason to doubt the ownership at this point. I can understand not being confident or even waiting to see how they prove themselves. But there is no evidence to support not being a fan because of the owner at this point. Even if the owner's son is quite useless hanging around Morey. We haven't made our moves yet. And we are going to most likely find our way into the luxury tax this season.

There's no reason to cave on this team because of the new ownership right now. Need to put down your biases and be open-minded. We're chasing a championship. Nothing has changed.

Madmanmetz and BigShasta like this.
  7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

McHale clutchfans gif.gif

Erbnwarfare, Easy, Jake Tower and 2 others like this.
  8. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Ok I'm not over confident like OP. But I do agree we had a good hand(good team) n a gm that's really good at in season moves. If u dont think beal will get moved, n other guys wont shake loose u havent been watching the NBA long. Yea we didnt get anyone yet, but we a good team n things will shake

9. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

They ain’t playing anything but themselves.

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Hey now, keep it PG.

J Sizzle and HTown_TMac like this.
  11. Rustyrig

Rustyrig Member

Exactly! It's like the site has been attacked by a bunch of 5yr olds....WAAAA, but I want this! These people think just because they want something and can't have it, someone (DM, Tilman) aren't doing their jobs, suck at their jobs, or are just saving money. I like to discuss the Rockets, and usually enjoy the forum, but the constant whining and over analysis (always critical) is bring the site down...I LOVE sports, but my life is enhanced by them, not driven by them. If we suck, it hurts...if we win, it feels great...then life continues. Some of us here, really need a life, lol

Plowman and mario_v like this.
  12. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

13. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

The only thing rockets are playing are themselves

14. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Not really, the rockets play the clutchfans and the local Houston fans to buy more tickets to fill the owner pocket, that is all.

15. solid

solid Contributing Member

And pick up sticks! Admit it, the Rockets appear clueless.

16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

how many trades have been made since tilman bought the team and how many of those trades were of the non-salary dump variety? which free agent signing wasn't for the vet minimum? if this POS actually makes a big trade to actually upgrade the roster, i will be one of the happiest people here. but to date all he's done is waste the best year of harden's prime.

and regarding your hot take that it's gonna happen for sure, let's be honest here. you haven't been very hot with your hot takes as of late. the last time i actually remember anything even remotely accurate was some of the details with respect to the ty lawson acquisition. since then the most memorable has been "99% certain lebron will be a rocket". if i can come here every day and endure such BS, then let me ask, how can anyone question my devotion to and fandom of the houston rockets? how?

Jake Tower likes this.
  17. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I think the double jinx of holic+plow will hurt. I think the simplest fact is that we didn't add a single asset, at all. Not even a luc mbah 207-2018 lotto ticket type of signing. Yes, I think we have been cheap.

Also, implying we have a big stack of trade chips is laughable unless its JH. We can't make an impact deal without hurting ourselves enough to hold us back.

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

What are all these obese dorks even playing there?

19. basketballholic

Dude it's July 11.

Williamson likes this.
  20. j3i

j3i Member

Settler's of Cataan. It's great for destroying friendships.

marky :), Easy and D-rock like this.