1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets playing chess AND poker

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Texas Hold’em got me a baby boy out of the deal.

I love you son!

#21 Roc Paint, Jul 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    Plowman likes this.
  2. ksny15

ksny15 Member

No. Morey and Tillman just blow.

vick likes this.
  3. Bobby Jackson Rules

What a strange offseason so far. As we all know, the signature moves of Murray is not a big name signing or lottery pick moves. He had shown us the magic on 2nd round pick(Landry, Parsons, at least Melton), undrafted or overseas contract(Scola, Beverley, ZHOUQI). I do not complain on losing Butler or PG, let them go elsewhere. It's not Morey's fault. But no moves at all? This is so embarrassing.

PeterKingX and Gray_Jay like this.
  4. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Hold up- Miami's front office are hardcapped for a team that will struggle to win 45 games in the East *with* Butler. Miami has been ass salad since LeBron left. Wade should get more props for putting together the Lebron era championships than Riley. Hell, Riley ran LeBron off and then he panicked and signed a roster full of top $ contracts for the likes Kelly Olynk, Dion Waiters, Tyler Johnson, Goran Dragic, James Johnson and Hassan Whiteside.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sure, but I think the standard is not the same, they won couple of titles, and now 45-49 wins is okay for them.

Why other fan bases are using them to make their own team's lackluster offseasons look better is beyond my understanding.

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

The point is they recruit guys without showing their hand. Even when the Decision happened nobody knew Lebron and Bosh had plans to join Dwade in Miami, it took everyone by surprise even Miami Heat fans.

Nobody really expected anything, then boomthey got their pick of free agents. It's the classic "show not tell" lesson. I'm not here to debate whether Riley is a good GM or not, I'm just sick and tired of Rox leaking news and telling everyone what they're going to do and not doing it. Why would Morey leak about them being fairly confident to signing Butler when he had plans to go to Miami? According to media stories Butler had 0 intention to play for the Rockets as he doesnt want the pressure of playing for his hometown and the hassle of getting tix for home games etc.

Lol! Apparently Morey never got a phonecall convo from Butler but they went ahead and leaked about being confident signing him wtf!

LosPollosHermanos and Gray_Jay like this.
  7. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Riley's definitely made his share of bad moves, but cmon now, Under his tenure and in the past 13 seasons, they've gotten 3 championships.

Every GM makes mistakes, but not every GM has one championship let alone 3.

D-rock and daywalker02 like this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I can live with 3 championships and 10 seasons of Suck.......

while I am trying to count the team's Finals appearances under 12 years of Morey.

(too mean)

#28 daywalker02, Jul 11, 2019
    PeterKingX likes this.
  9. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

While the league is playing chess, Morey and the Rockets are actually playing this:
    [​IMG]

ksny15 and malakas like this.
  10. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

My patience with Morey is gone. When the Love and Brodie deals get done without us then I think you know everything you need to know. I don’t want Brodie. I want the chance to send him elsewhere to move CP3. We have a tremendous chance or removing our greatest risk and making out like bandits on the deal. The LAL and Miami are desperate and if we don’t take advantage I know we are not serious about improving.

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Patience. Do not move CP3 just to move CP3. Need to wait for a deal that really would improve team.

CP3 is still an integral part to the Rockets success. His salary is onerous but people are treating him like he is Ryan Anderson.

Crazy.

12. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Probably just playing Fortnite.

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It will rain in the future.

Fake sauce reply +1

malakas and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  14. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Fans are fans. There is a reason they babble but are not paid GMs salary . And there is a reason only one team wins every year and some GMs get fired now and then.

15. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I agree with you @Plowman

Tile game or Rubic’s Cube.

Because of cap restraints, one tile is ready to move over while sliding another tile over in its place.

Looking at Boston roster, they still need a center (better than Kanter) & I think they are still holding out for Capela.

Rockets still have Tyson Chandler, Bogut, Zaza, Gortat, Mejri, Amir Johnson in FA......Rockets judging wether to pull the
    trigger depending on final roster makeup. If no improvement at wing (like Iggy or better.....Beal), maybe keep Capela
    at Center and re-sign Shumpert or equivalent there of.

At this point, I believe the Rocket are looking into a 3-team trade for star player or 2nd tier player......followed by
    free agent center to fill some of the void left by losing Capela.

No not Westbrook

#35 ApacheWarrior, Jul 11, 2019
    Shark44 and Plowman like this.
  16. hibbetts

hibbetts Member

Playing chess and poker???.....more like throwing darts while being blindfolded!

17. basketballholic

I'm with @Plowman. A lot of stuff you hear about our interest here or there is about making other teams expend the most assets more than it is about us getting somebody.

And i personally believe big moves are coming.

eyhab27, Deuce, Rudyc281 and 2 others like this.
  18. izeroi

izeroi Member

At this point the Rockets are just playing Candy Land. Nothing to see here.

19. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

CP3 moved for Beal by moving Westbrook there. Not just moving him for the sake of moving him. That’s why it requires the Lakers or Miami to have some team to take him otherwise I wouldn’t trade him.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Professor Morey with the spreadsheet in the arena.

Clue.

DD

Rudyc281 likes this.