1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Amick BOMB) - Rockets may pursue Westbrook

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Jul 7, 2019.

1. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

No matter what, WB still far better than Jimmy Butler, still far better than old CP3.

2. Bo6

Bo6 Member

what if we got WB and Gallo? :cool:

westbrook-harden-tucker-gallo-capela looks nice to me.

3. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

You guys acting like WB is NBA scrubs, Lol.

WB is still NBA all star player, while CP3 was not in 2 season before.

4. pauebtg

pauebtg Member

Who said Capela will still be here?...He's part of the Westbrook trade. Btw, CP3 and Tucker not going anywhere.

5. Asian Sensation

Sounds about right. Losers attract losers.

6. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

Huh? Westbrook doesn't make any sense if we keep Paul. Literally none whatsoever.

CP out, Westbrook in. Only way it makes sense financially and on the court.

RudyTBag likes this.
  7. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Okay I can understand why you'd think the risk is worth taking. I just don't evaluate the risk the same way. No reason to think PJ will decline in his performance given the tasks he has on this team (stout defense and corner 3's). Gordon you could argue is in contract year and has every reason to perform well. Even if Capela doesn't improve, he fits perfectly with Harden and against anyone not GS. I'm not opposed to moving any of those player, but it'd have to be a much more sure thing with less risk and better fit. Butler wasn't the best fit, but I could see taking the risk because the fit was better than WB.

In poker terms, when you're one of the big stacks and close to winning, you make conservative bets/moves. If you're way behind, you have to be aggressive and riskier. I guess I don't see us as short stacked compared to the other contenders enough to be that risky.

8. omgTHEpotential

No.

Also no.

9. Theking

Theking Member

You would know!

10. omgTHEpotential

Westbrook is the Carmelo Anthony of point guards. Tons of raw talent, but just doesn't contribute to winning all that much, for whatever reason.

11. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

I think we pursuit every free agent out there and we land no one. However, this is the only one that I'll be happy about coming up short.

12. amaru

amaru Member

We see things differently. I think the Rockets’ stack is much shorter than most of us want to admit.

13. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Obviously people don't have the same thought as you.

People put WB on them without any doubt.

14. omgTHEpotential

I think Westbrook is worse even in vacuum than Butler or CP3. But let's assume he's just as good as those guys for a second. He's still a TERRIBLE fit with Harden. Horrible defender, horrible shooter, extremely ball-dominant and can't play off the ball... It's an abysmal pairing.

Richie_Rich and ArtV like this.
  15. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Fair enough, curious how far behind do you think we are? Use dollar amounts for the stacks if it helps quantify.

Clippers - $10,000
    Rockets - $9,000
    Lakers - $8,000
    Warriors - $8,000
    Utah - ???

I think an addition of RoCo or Iggy puts us right there. If the Clippers or whoever you think is front runner is $10K, where do you have the Rockets?

16. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Last playoffs WB shot 32% from 3 while CP3 only had 27%.

Dont be stupid homer.

vlaurelio and amaru like this.
  17. amaru

amaru Member

Hard to say as the Lakers have really filled out that roster but I’d put us behind the Clips/Warriors and slightly ahead of Utah. I don’t see either of the above players coming to Houston.

18. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

In your eyes, WB seems like NBA scrubs. Lol.
    From your description, even MCW is better.
    Does he have something good?

19. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

A change of scenery can help too. He shot career highs in FG% and 3PT% when Harden was on his team in OKC.

PeterKingX likes this.
  20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Zach Lowe:

Best fit? And where might he actually end up?

Best fit is with another team who doesn't have a guy who handles the ball all the time so I don't know how that would work in Houston. There is something to putting talent together. That's what Daryl does. I don't love it. If I had to predict a team, I would say Miami. They seem hungry for a shakeup. Problem is, OKC owns a couple of their picks. Do they want to give Miami a really good player? I don't know.

Paul Pierce: The team that's had the worst luck this year, you didn't get Zion, Kyrie or Durant. The New York Knicks. Just to have some star power in New York is good for the league. Send him to the Knicks. I don't want to see Russ on OKC anymore. That team is expired. He's done all he can. Move him to the Knicks. They need him more than anyone. I feel bad for them.