1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time to rethink our strategy?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jontro, Jul 6, 2019.

?

rebuild?

1. #runitback

31.7%
  2. we can take the clips

31.7%
  3. can we even beat the bucks?

12.2%
  4. blow it up

24.4%
  1. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

im down with the process

2. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

This is how our offense needs to look... involve ball movement and get the best shot every possession.

ronclone and BeBreezy like this.
  3. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

Another year older, same roster, about the same odds.... what choice do we have?

#walkitback

Jontro and Aruba77 like this.
  4. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Harden went to the media called Morey out to get a great point guard. You got one. Now let's play this game the right way so we can win. Supposedly Harden told Steph he's tired of ISO play at the allstar game well prove it by playing team ball like it is in this video.

Jontro likes this.
  5. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

That was good.. we need this with harden moving off the ball.. we’ll be Gucci

6. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

What strategy do we have?

One minute we are self proclaimed favorites to land Butler, next minute we are picking up some left overs and interested in scrubs around the league

PeterKingX likes this.
  7. Vivi

Vivi Member

Assuming the roster stays pretty much the same (minor acquisitions wouldn't mean much anyway) i think this might be the last year worth trying, see what remains of Chris and yeah, run it back one last time. If he'll still play like last season or get worse just blow it up next summer, Harden on a 3 year deal, Clint on a 3 year deal, PJ on a 2 year deal, maybe even Gordon extended...we would be able to get great assets back eventually.

RyanB and clutchdabear like this.
  8. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Y’all crazy. The clippers have Kawhi PG13 Bev Lou Harrell.. that’s hardly Curry Klay Durant Iggy and Green.

Not to mention as much as I love Bev, he’s gonna get hurt for at least 20 games. They gonna need to load management Kawhi 20 games. Like how good will they really be? pG just had shoulder surgery and those are always recurring.

Lebron is old, AD is always hurt.

Rockets as is can probably beat those teams. Just hoping we don’t cheap out and use Shumpert contract on a trade for a solid 3 and D player or sign Morris. Not every move needs to be a big splash. Anyone like Iggy, Crowder and I like our chances.

Utah scares me more than either LA team. They actually have a solid team that fits with depth.

9. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

OKC & TOR assets are certainly going to be available, have to think that first floated for Iguodala can be better used elsewhere. The fallout from this could really benefit Houston’s bench.

10. Mr Chuck Norris

Lol this is the exact same offense. Just with Chris Paul running it lol. Although i do agree it is faster with the ball in Paul’s hands. That’s on coach to tell harden to speed it up.

11. finsraider

finsraider Member

I wonder if we can make a big offer for Pascal Siakam. His low salary would probably allow us to use the non-taxpayer MLE to build out the bench.

Something like Siakam for 2 1sts and 2 2nds into one of our TPEs.

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

i think this is with the assumption that klay will be hurt and didn't iggy leave? don't know how delow will fit.

13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I wanted either PG or Kawhi with Harden.

We couldnt get either. (Our best chance was trade with Pacers but of course no one wanted to touch Ryan Anderson)

Clippers now have the #1 and #2 two-way perimeter players in the league.

Combined with Pat they now have the best perimeter defense in the league.

As this Rockets team is built, it will not beat the Clippers in a seven game series. 75%+ offense is run through Harden. PG plays Harden well and Kawhi is an even better defender. They will take turns locking up Harden and then with the weak side defense and traps by Pat will pretty much suffocate him. A declining CP is not going to unlock that perimeter defense either.

Kawhi + PG >>>>>>>>>>> Harden + a declining CP3.

What makes Jerry West a great team builder is that he understands and knows which players are high impact players, not just on offense, but also on defense. It isnt about just getting some random stars for the sake of getting stars. He constructs teams with complementary star pieces.

Jerry West also understands which players perform well under pressure. Again, not about getting any star but stars that perform well when it matters.

Our management is mostly talk. They talk about making noise, getting stars, fireworks etc etc. while others are working quietly behind the scenes and getting the job done.

Rockets are not getting past Clippers in a 7 game series, and with the upgrades jazz have made, I am not sure Rockets can beat them either.

14. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I might be in the minority but I’m actually optimistic given the teams we have to go through now (lakers, Clippers, Jazz). Now that this is how power is balanced I’m against trading Capela. The harden iso based strategy produced well against most teams and will still kill these new teams. The biggest problem for us was the warriors elite offense. I don’t see the clippers or lakers having that kind of scheme and fire power. I like our chances today better than last season. I would like to see a move for a solid PF though, then go to war.

Balance has been restored to the force. There are no favorites in the west IMO.

15. bmelo

bmelo Member

Yeah he built a team to beat gsw and Lost every single ****ing time even without KD and Boogie. Seems like a failure for me

16. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

I expect Masai is going to want to build around Pascal. He has a chance to be PG-esque. I’m thinking more Gasol or Ibaka, maybe Grant from OKC. I would take any of those 3 guys over Iggy.

17. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Morey just has a new obsession now.he wants to take down the clippers

18. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I was holding onto hope that Kawhi would want to come here just to piss of the Spurs...

19. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

Still none of these teams was better than a Healthy Warriors Jargonaut.. We know the bar and Rockets took them to Game 7 year before.. make some solid moves.. from here on out.. don't flinch and wait on some deals to come your way..

20. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

They just rejected a Westbrook for Siakam offer from OKC. So I doubt they take anything from us in that case.