1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Spider-Man: Far from Home

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

wat means uneven breh?

also is did mysterio trick everybody into thinking he's a good guy?

2. hhh345

hhh345 Member

8.5/10- Great action in this movie, liked all the characters and it did a good job explaining the effects and even making fun of what thanos did. Like most marvel movies make sure to stay as there is a mid and end credit scene. Can’t say much more without spoiling the film as there are a lot of spoilers.Would recommend movie, probably one of my top 5 favorite marvel films as I always liked Mysterio and liked seeing him in this movie.

3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I found the standalones (with ______ as Special Guest Star) often better than the ensemble stuff. Well, better than the first two Avengers movies.

4. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Solid 8/10 but I wish they would back off on the comedy a bit. Jake Gyllenhaal was excellent and it's funny watching this scene description after actually seeing the movie. He does an excellent acting job in it as well.

mikol13 likes this.
  5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Saw it last night. I thought it was a good movie and thoroughly enjoyed it but I felt the movie was a little bit choppy.

6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Good movie, better than Captain Marvel. Not a massive spoiler to say:

It's more an epilogue to the Iron Man movies than it is to Phase 3 of the MCU

I liked it, light-hearted enough for the teenage crowd and does address the 'blip' of people coming back five years later.

BTW, Jake G is an amazing actor, top tier. Not because of this movie, which he did great in, but because of his body of work. Totally underrated.

mikol13 likes this.
  7. Amshirvani

Amshirvani Contributing Member

Absolutely loved it. One of the top 5 MCU films and best spider man film IMO. I think they nailed Spider man and Mysterio. Those with post-End Game fatigue (apparently this is a thing)—this is just the kind of film you need.

Man what I would give for Sony to let MCU do venom and Carnage the way they were meant to be done

mikol13, Blurr#7 and Jontro like this.
  8. rusHour

rusHour Contributing Member

I completely disagree with others... it is average in my opinion. Too much chasing of MJ and not enough action. I do agree that the actors did their thing but its the story that was lacking for me. Others have said its one of the best Marvel movies and I have to say it is one of the worst. Maybe I missed something...

The wife and 9yr old Spiderman Fanboy think the same.

9. val_modus

val_modus Member

Pacing was a huge upgrade over homecoming. Action scenes were unreal. 3rd act was fantastic. Jake G is a G. I thought this was the 2nd best Spider-Man movie behind Spider-Man 2 with the Tobey.

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Surprised by all the 8's. The movie is a lot better than it has any right to be especially after End game. Disney could have really mailed it in and I don't think anyone would have cared. It's a really good Spiderman movie; the trailers don't do it justice.

mikol13 likes this.
  11. elrond

elrond Member

Went to see this movie yesterday, and was pretty hyped/looking forward to it. Gotta say, I was a bit underwhelmed, and definitely enjoyed Homecoming more.

Although the action scenes were pretty cool, I think at this point I've seen so many scenes that it's hard to really be impressed by anything. I don't have a particularly discerning eye, so I find most CGI nowadays to be good enough.

My biggest gripe is probably about the drones. For some reason I had a hard time believing that drones were able to cause the level of distruction/effects that they did in the movie. Felt like a bit of a copout to be honest.

Also, I know spider-man is a bit naive and all, but really? You're going to give the glasses to a dude you just met?

I actually liked most of the character building portions, including Peter's crushed reaction at MJ only being interested 'cuz she thought he was spider-man, to her uncharacteristic nervous ticks when admitting to him that she did actually like him.

One thing that I do like and feels more unique to this spider-man is the way he web slings. Seems to be a lot more back/forth/diagonal/backwards/etc. angles than in previous incarnations.

If you haven't seen it already and are a spider-man fan, definitely go watch Spider-man: Into the spiderverse. It won best animated picture, and is one of the best movies overall with stellar reviews.

12. Juxtaposed Jolt

For being the first movie after Endgame, it did a really good job of setting the stage. The fact that the Blip / Snap was summarized by the two student newscasters all within the first 5 minutes or so, of the movie, was really well done by the writers.

Coolest parts of the movie for me:

When Peter embodied Tony while on the Jet, as he was customizing his suit and when Peter had the makeshift Cap shield and Mjolnir

Going to disagree with this.

I think there was more MJ "chasing" because Homecoming didn't really focus on their relationship. And because the relationship between Spidey and MJ is so ingrained within Spidey's lore, I thought they did it justice. My one gripe with this would be Peter buying a necklace for MJ though - I thought it was really soon to be giving such an extravagant gift for a person who isn't even your girlfriend.

I thought there was plenty of action.

Going to disagree with some of your spoiler'd points, as well.

I think Peter gave Beck the glasses because Peter was still reeling from the loss of Tony, and he desperately needed a person to fill that void. Add to that the fact that Beck was extremely nice and convincing. And Mysterio DID just seemingly save the world from all 4 elementals. It's like taking candy from a baby.

As for the drones, keep in mind that they're Stark Industries drones. I think the writers for the movie can pretty much make them do almost anything, to fit the plot / narrative.

mikol13 likes this.
  13. rockbox

I thought it was great because that is what awkward nerdy teenagers do when they have no clue. They overthink it and do over the top things.

da_juice and BigM like this.
  14. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

RE:
    Drones. You're forgetting that the last iron man suit was nanobots. Entirely feasible that Stark Tech bots could emulate all of that destruction

15. PhiSlammaJamma

Thought it was flawed. Good movie, not great. I didn't really go to see Oblivion, so for me, the drones weren't an interesting story. I thought Mysterio was cool and some nice reveals. The MJ chasing was ok with me because she is a strong character, but that's why it left me disappointed, I needed MJ to be more. She herself is mysterious, and yet there was no mystery. The payoff scene was clumsy and awkward. AS for the final easter egg, I was totally thinking they should have been in the movie due to the nature of it, but I didn't see that coming.

16. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I mean Tony Stark did invent time travel in a movie so I am sure stark tech can do anything.

17. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Not related to this particular movie but Spiderverse. I had to share this though. Gwen Stacy cosplay.

[​IMG]

Blurr#7 and Jontro like this.
  18. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

This was my favorite Spider-Man movie of all time, and that's saying something because I'm a Spidey nerd. I loved it.

19. rockbox

Spider-verse is my favorite. I liked homecoming better than this one but I liked this a lot. I just thought some of the jokes weren't nearly as funny and it was uneven. The story was by far the best of all the live action movies though.

20. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Movie was phenomenal.