1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[The Athletic] Not Morey's Fault

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lnchan, Jul 1, 2019.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

How are you so sure that the leaks came from Morey? Morey was also not the one who said there would be "fireworks" (that was Tad Brown).

mikol13 likes this.
  2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

"Extremely confident" by Iko has to be Morey, Moreys calmer than you twitter pic where he went on to like multiple comments about Hou getting Butler was also him flaunting and acting as if he had something up his #sleeve. Tad Brown added to this problem with that comment for sure too. This isn't all just Morey, but a lot is and Morey represents our FO.

Dream Shook and cheke64 like this.
  3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

So Harden never came back from Asia to Recruit Jimmy?

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Not that I know of.......he was pretty much there all the time during these days.

Is Jimmy still seeing the Rockets in a meeting?

5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Lol harden gms fault again

topfive likes this.
  6. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Other than the hints/likes/articles that got released etc., Morey didn't flat out post something though, right? I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything, I know Brown of course mentioned "fireworks" etc.

HP3 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I was under the impression that the meeting was moved to early next week to give Harden time to come back. If it turns out Harden never came back from Asia to recruit Jimmy that would have been a huge red flag to me that Jimmy wasn't even considering the Rockets.

Face time is super important in recruitment.. wow, man.. Just wow.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I was asleep, so the Rockets meeting is officially cancelled and the Heat are just waiting to make ends meet?

9. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

But this was old news. We already knew that. I remember reading about this seasons ago. Why did morey and the front office think things change? It’s the same reason that KD doesn’t want to play for the wizards and he’s been adamant about that his whole career.

10. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

That's speculation.

Or it means that Morey isn't as fickle and panicky as parts of our fan base.

Which is a good thing.

HP3 and CCity Zero like this.
  11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I mean, look at all of this in whatever light you choose. For me personally, don't like it how it was handled at all, for our players and the fans.

12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I would agree that it would have been better if all that speculation had not come up. But I don't really see how so many fans seem to blame Morey for it. He hasn't said anything directly at all.

beard4life, topfive and CCity Zero like this.
  13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Not directly, but definitely indirectly in Morey fashion.

14. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Or maybe that was just our wishful thinking, fueled by journalist speculation?

beard4life and topfive like this.
  15. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

I agree. You should enlighten us all on what he should have done to get Butler here.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, I was the one who said JB was a head case, difficult player and not the best fit because he was an unwilling spot up shooter.

Never said we should get him, I joined you and everyone because I thought everyone would be happier.

I reckon that running it back wouldn't be much secksier too because of the level other teams have improved.

Conundrum.

If I had the intel that Morey has, and I am sure, he knew, getting Butler was a long shot, then I wouldn't have pursued him.

Why should I lay out a plan to get him when we had no business of getting him?

17. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, with Morey he seems focused on all or nothing, I mean I kind of get it but houston was decently close and as long as Kawhi doesn't go to LAL there's still a window here. Unfortunately he likes giving ipads to players who have too much money to actually need an iPad be gifted to them.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The media hammered that in our brains that Philly is solely after Eric Gordon while the Rockets would like to part with Gordon with Philly as partner.

Lelz, there are tons of way to improve or stay put than one Eric Gordon.

It was wishful thinking on Rockets' part.

CCity Zero likes this.
  19. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Right, Def agree

20. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

What if Morey has been fooling everyone and has quietly been working on landing Kawhi? Aside from being a much, much better player than Butler, he is also less ball dominant and would fit perfectly next to James and Chris.

The real reason our guys are camping in LA?

[​IMG]