1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Kyler]While the Rockets have Harden and that is a lot... talked to two agents this week that said..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LorneMalvo, Jun 30, 2019.

1. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Yea. House was so put off that he had to hold his nose to take that 3 year 11 million dollar deal.

slothy420 likes this.
  2. MystikArkitect

Lol don’t agents make a cut of the players deal?

Harden makes passable players seem like they’re worth 100 million dollars.

dje243 likes this.
  3. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

Odd if you look at it. Sure role players might get shipped but that is the same everywhere.

We have been incredibly loyal to stars, kept our word to Paul even when it would have been very understandable to break it when it was obvious he was declining rapidly.

4. jowman

jowman Member

Morey trying to come across as a calculating genius but being exposed as a dweeby chump. Hes a lightweight in negotiations and lacks the respect and gravitas of real winning GMs like Riley or west, stars take a look at him and his pitch and laugh at the rockets.

I’ll admit he got lucky with harden early and got Paul by offering a deal no one else was stupid enough to offer. Other than that he’s been a good dumpster diver finding guys like faried.

He’s not the worst GM so you don’t fire him right away. But having him you die a death of a thousand paper cuts. Neither then GMs or players take this guy seriously but apparently the media nerds and some of the guys on this board want to keep drinking then kool aid he’s giving you

ronclone and bmelo like this.
  5. onreego

onreego Member

Can I say that this is an incredibly stupid take? Especially, on the night some players spurn their old teams even though they get can get paid more there and other players are being traded like cards—in some cases to facilitate the former.

D-rock, topfive and dje243 like this.
  6. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

This doesn't fit the NBA Narrative though

slothy420, Der Rabbi and lionaire like this.
  7. jsilencio

jsilencio Member

Do we really think this nobody reporter is talking with any agents of note? 9/10 he’s full of s****.

topfive and CCity Zero like this.
  8. dje243

dje243 Member

This is complete BS. Stars don’t come here because they prefer other cities to Houston. D’Antoni, Harden and CP3 make other players better and the players know this. I live in DFW and they complain about the same stuff on the radio concerning the mavs. The fact Morey has gotten any stars to sign at all is a miracle (and that isn’t at all a knock on Harden).

RichieBanks, topfive and amaru like this.
  9. bmelo

bmelo Member

No. Melo was convinced by CP and we did him dirty regardless

Rest of the guys you mentioned were scrubs begging for a deal

10. xaos

xaos Member

How did we do Melo dirty? You think he picked us over all of the teams that wanted him?

c1utchfan925 and topfive like this.
  11. Jontro

Jontro Member

could be worse. we could be charlotte or detroit.

amaru likes this.
  12. amaru

amaru Member

Paul- I'm only good for 58 regular season games and 2-3 playoff games.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

Melo did himself dirty by absolutely sucking while he was here and being a terrible fit

14. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

This is just dumb to blame the city...Rockets and Houston is an up and coming city...We aren't the LA, NY Markets but we are up there with Boston, Chicago, Miami. D12, CP3, washed up but even Melo wanted Houston. Tmac back in the day loved Houston, lots of Big name players have wanted to come here and could argue we have had better FA acquisitions outside of trade as compared to any team besides the Lakers? Warriors?

Our offense has become very stale and Morey as we have noticed is not getting the trades he used to make. The last good trade Daryl has made is the Lou will for a late 1st rounder?? PJ on a cheap contract, Luc Mbah a Moute all steals since then its been very downhill. I think FO and free agents are getting weary of this guy's style of trading pieces and being so analytic heavy

15. topfive

topfive CF OG

This is nothing more than a BS tweet from an unreliable source that lets some posters with questionable takes feel validated.

Move on, intelligent CFers; nothing to see here.

jordnnnn, D-rock, CCity Zero and 2 others like this.
  16. Hmc415

Hmc415 Member

We get it, you don't like harden. You say the same thing in every thread

rgw20014life likes this.
  17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Post of the thread.

At the end of the day everyone knows its a business.

Rockets could have told CP3 no and moved on from him last season but they did not, they did him a solid. Something a lot of all these other teams won't do for their veteran players and look how it is working out for the Rockets?

If anything Morey needs to actually start treating his players like assets, just like every other team in the NBA does.

As for the players, boo hoo, everyone in this thread would love to be an NBA asset paid millions to play basketball.

rgw20014life, D-rock and CCity Zero like this.
  18. JW86

JW86 Member

Regardless of the tweet, Rockets looking really bad right now as an organisation. Told the world every was tradeable, went public with feelings about CP3’s contract, had some odd negotiations with MDA up until this point, fired almost all his assistants and probably other stuff I am forgetting. Honestly, I would also not want to play for an organisation like this.

19. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Seriously... I mean these guys are making millions, even on the typical min contract, And while I'll never make that money... I'd seriously doubt I'd care whether I made it in Cleveland or wherever, when you're making that kind of money and getting to play a sport, Who cares. I also wouldn't give a **** about being traded, with that kind of money you can just move your family, np. The only issue I can think of from a business aspect is if you got moved to Toronto or a state with extra taxes (assuming your career was just the avg amount/length and not a superstar making crazy max money

JayGoogle likes this.
  20. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I believe this because you have to suck your superstars dick and give them whatever they want if you want a chance to sign them.

That's how much power players have these days.

Kawhi is a great example. Spurs refused to play ball, he says **** you and sits out until they're forced to trade him.

Raptors suck his dick all year and let him play only when he wants to (lol load management). He delivers them a title.

Now every team has to get in line or end up never winning anything. It's a superstar driven league.

Warriors do the same thing.. except in the finals which cost them KD re-signing.

I watched parts of the Raptors parade. They gave Kawhi the key to the city... some dude who isn't even staying and only played there for half a year. They gifting him free penthouses and cars, everything for free.

That's just how the league is now. If we wanted Butler, Tilman should've gifted him and his entire crew luxury sports cars without asking for anything in return.