1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Free agency] Venting your frustaration thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RKREBORN, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Homey the Clown

I'm never frustrated with this team. I just never expect much aside from flirting between being mediocre and being on the cusp of being a consistent championship contender.

RKREBORN likes this.
  2. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Only frustration is that they look like clowns with all the talking and leaks. I trust Morey, despite last years horrific offseason - he can’t do much worse (although it’s not starting off too hot...).

RyanB and ksny15 like this.
  3. jdiggidy

jdiggidy Member

Most disappointed about how "special ed" Tilman, Tad, and Daryl look right now.

Oh, wait a minute, my apologies to people with mental disabilities. It just takes them longer to learn things.

Tilman, Tad, and Daryl look f'ing stupid at the moment. Honestly, I am not upset we did not get Butler. It is just the sheer stupidity they have exhibited on social media.

Reserving my full rant until after things settle down!

RyanB and PeterKingX like this.
  4. htown7829

htown7829 Member

Rachael Nichols just asked Woj what all this means for the rockets and he proceeded to talk about the 76ers for 5 minutes

D-rock and RKREBORN like this.
  5. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Lol I thought I was the only one who noticed that. I was just about to post this.

6. lw17

lw17 Member

Don't worry.........Morey still might have the pick of the free agents.

7. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

Lmao best quote ever

8. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Dallas gets Dragic also because of the Philly trade

9. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

The level of stupidity and the amount of moronic reactions every year during NBA FA is just eye opening.

There are bunch of morons suddenly labeled the Jazz now become the favorite of West, that’s because they added an aging and coming back from very serious injury PG that was giving up by the worst team in the league, plus a shooter whose once labeled having much worse defense than Harden (2-3 seasons ago).

And somehow just because GSW lost 2 of their best players and people started to say they will tank and rebuild and probably not going to make the playoff, while they also forget they actually swept the western final also without KD.

The last 10-20 years NBA championships were not decided by FA signings like Butler nor even Kyrie, if KD is 100%healthy, and Kawhi actually go to a good and well built team and actually hit couple lucky buzzer beaters in the playoff, yes that will really matters.

Otherwise,

LOL.

10. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Sign.

11. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Rockets are disappointed as usual.

They spent all time on scrubs like Green and House.

Stupid organization.

12. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe we could pick up Harris in a sign and trade now?

I wasn’t on board the Butler acquisition because he did nothing to improve our weaknesses. We were one of the worst rebounding teams and one of the worst rim defending teams but yet we were looking to blow our wad on another perimeter player. Why the hell weren’t we looking for a legit starting PF with some length?

Harden is one of the most talented offensive players in the league but I don’t see him having much appeal as a teammate to either an established superstar or up and comer. In either case, a player is going to spend a lot of time watching Harden dribbling, which means their own stats are going to suffer. On defense, they’re going to be expected to cover for Harden’s atrocious perimeter defense via constant switching. Finally, there’s always a question if Harden is going to wilt when the pressure is on. In all cases, there’s an implicit expectation that all players must mold their game to Harden’s - that’s just not appealing to someone who’s either trying to prove or already proved themself as a superstar.

The other frustration is that Morey has allowed our best talent to leave without getting anything in return and then has attached multiple draft picks in order to quickly unload our least valuable talent. In other words, he waits too long on our good prospects and doesn’t wait long enough on our crap. It would been far better to have (for example) traded Parsons for a high pick than to let him leave us in free agency. Similarly, it would have been better to hold onto Ryan Anderson one more season and then use him as a large expiring to pick up some talent that better for the team.

I don’t know if I have a central theme here - I think I’m just ranting because I feel like the direction for this team is just plain bad. There needs to be a better strategy than just adding any available superstar and then trying to fill the gaps with end of the bench hustlers. If Harden is the centerpiece, then why aren’t we asking “what kind of superstar best compliments him and what kind of superstar would Harden best compliment?” The whole “we’ll make it work” hasn’t worked in any of the Harden-led teams.

13. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Its nice to have a great team as is. But everyone knows the way things are stacking up, its not looking like a great year in houston favor. They really dont have a bench. I just dont know about where this team is going with a aging chris paul, and tired out harden running the 1 man show anymore.

14. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Waiting for Morey to send in a detailed report to the NBA League office listing all the reasons the Rockets were cheated out of getting a chance to sign Jimmy Butler. If we're really lucky he'll post snippets on Twitter for all to see.

15. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

A$$hole Warriors

16. Ratman

Ratman Member

trade Capela for Jaylen brown, sign centers like Looney and Mcgee if they are willing, I think the only thing we can really do to get better is trade people whose production we believe we can easily replace, and big men seem to be it. (dunks and rebounds with the ability to send a shot flying here and there). I think Brown harden paul and Gordon would be nasty moving them around 1-2-3, tucker at the 4 so we may have to find a backup, but we just can't sit on our butts and do jack while everyone gets better.

17. bj3175

bj3175 Member

We will continue to get these kind of offseasons as long as Morey is in charge. He cant make orchestrate a team unless they are making vet min money. He hasn't built a team and committed to it. The reason why more than likely is he operates on the leverage that he can put a championship caliber team and save money. To win the big one you have to pay people and then stop trying to dominate the game with analytics, this is not NBA2k. Also he doesn't want the heat that comes with not winning so elects to play it safe and as such we get mediocre results

RKREBORN likes this.
  18. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Almost every summer Rockets try and strike out. But for some reason, this summer has been very frustrating. Other teams are going to work while we are just talking about it...

gatsby likes this.
  19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Fireworks at the River.