1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj on Sportscenter "Rockets are recruiting Jimmy Butler hard and might have a deal with him"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Jun 25, 2019.

1. icewill36

icewill36 Member

embiid isnt hurt anymore often than cp3 old ass. if butler says he wants to stay, and ask tobias to do the same he definitely will.

the only weak point is ben simmons jumper, but with so much talent around him he would not HAVE to have one for them to win. he is tradeable anyway though. they lost at the last second in game 7 to the champs with no real time to build chemistry. they would be even better with a full training camp and season together.

the lakers with a max spot are a better choice too, so would the clippers if kawhi decides to join.

sorry but this front office has failed.

2. the shark

the shark Member

When Embiid goes down who else they have? If CP3 goes down they still have Harden.

Did Butler grow up in Philly?
    Does his family live in Philly?
    Does he have childhood friends living in Philly?

I notice you avoided this aspect.

mike2k132 likes this.
  3. realonemo

realonemo Member

Ok so I'm listening to the Bill Simmons pod and Bill's logic is don't help the rockets and let Butler walk. I'm confused when did feelings get in the way over business is handled. Like if Jimmy is leaving why not get an asset back ?? This dude says on his pod a future pick is pointless wtf.

4. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

Here's my thoughts...if we run this whole thing back how will we repair the Gordon, Capela relationship with the team? I feel like this has gone too far to not trade at least one of them now

Hakeemtheking and BasketMAD like this.
  5. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

They still get their money if their on the team right?

These dudes get paid 10s of millions of dollars a year to dribble and shoot a ball.

It’s business.

If they can’t get over it then they shouldn’t be making 14 and 16 million each next season to begin with.

These guys aren’t that soft.

EG def can’t sulk and play bad he’s in a contract year and it’s also his last big contract he’ll get in his nba career he has to play good.

6. Audioout

Audioout Member

I remember not long ago, analysts kept saying how Butler isn't a fit next to Simmons, Embiid, and Harris, saying he stands around looking disinterested and they made a mistake in trading for him. Now suddenly he would be an idiot to leave that team and they're the only team that makes sense (and the Lakers, because apparently the Lakers can even make Melo a star again...)

If Butler doesn't want to return to Philly then he obviously doesn't enjoy playing with Embiid (on his phone during a playoff game) and Simmons (can't shoot to save his life) with a coach that he publicly disagreed with.

He's from Houston. He's friends with and most importantly respects CP3 and Harden. He won't stand around the 3 and wait. The only reason players do that is because they aren't on the level of Butler, Harden, or CP3. We want Gordon to attack the basket but if he tries to create off the dribble he loses the ball consistently. We are 100% okay with CP3 shooting midrange jumpers, he just couldn't hit them. Who was supposed to create off the dribble most of the season? PJ? Green? Capela?

Look, whether we get him or not, don't buy this BS narrative they're trying to force down everyone's throat. They have an agenda. They only want players to go to Los Angeles, New York, or Boston and will sometimes accept Miami, Chicago, or Dallas. Anything that doesn't fit that narrative, they will attack. Every other team is there to be disdained. Just wait until they get on the Giannis needs to leave the Bucks train.

IBTL, D-rock, hieuytran and 4 others like this.
  7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't care about anyone else. If we get Jimmy and Jammy on the same squad, LOOK OUT.

tc0330 likes this.
  8. tc0330

tc0330 Member

man for real. the way i see it is, we cant control ANY of this $hit, so why constantly complain? might as well accept it with whatever happens and embrace the change.

9. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

You can say that about Ryan Anderson or Kyrie Irving or any disgruntled player. That's what happens. Don't get your hopes up.

10. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Anderson was overpaid from the jump.

Irving is one of the most overrated players of the last 25 years.

Dudes a loser that won a ring playing with prime Lebron.

But if u quit or let trade talk effect your play your not a championship level player imo and there isn’t any reason to keep them around at that point.

Personally I don’t think Clint nor EG would play poorly if there on the team at the start of next season.

With that said I doubt EG is here he’s an expiring contract on a good deal. Rockets gotta get assets while they can. He’s prob gone after this season and his decline will be soon imo.

lilbird20 likes this.
  11. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

watching Butler Exit interview...lol he sure seems like a guy not returning to Philli. Definitely could be wrong, but Ive herd players who want to be back and that interview is anything but that. Says he doesn't care about money, worried about his friends who aren't "home" and traveling with him, etc etc. Don't know but he seems like a guy who just is all about the experience not the money.

RocketsFanBrian likes this.
  12. Rasheed

Rasheed Member

13. topfive

topfive CF OG

Since he entered the league, Embiid has missed 170 games.

During that same span, CP3 has missed 71 games.

That's not even close.

Also of note: During that span, Harden has only missed 15 games. :eek:

D-rock likes this.
  14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Interesting

Rudyc281 likes this.
  15. matchesmalone

matchesmalone Member

Even Philly fans know that guy is full of ****

16. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Oh snap. I would be more inclined to believe Woj and Feign though.

D-rock and Rasheed like this.
  17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Feigen has become more tempered with each article. His latest one today says the Sixers are more much more focused on keeping Butler still than trying to get something for him.

The idea that this is on lock seems unlikely.

mikol13 and D-rock like this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It's one thing to do a deal on your terms, another thing if another team pressures you to do things because it would vastly benefit said team.

19. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

I personally couldn't begin to think about the ramifications of the decision Butler (turns 30 in sept) is about to make... BUT if you had the chance to play the sport you love, driving distance to your hometown at that, for one of the better teams in your specific sport on near max/max dollars... wouldn't you take this opportunity?

Idk, but it just feels like it's a chance for him to finally be happy. We could get peak years from Jimmy Buckets at that.

I think he's a Rocket, feels right.

20. topfive

topfive CF OG

Keep in mind that not everybody LOVES the town they grew up in. We see picks of Butler visiting from time to time, but he's got friends and family, so that's not indicative of much. Has he ever actually said he would prefer to live in Houston over other major cities?