1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Mockery online

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Harden won mvp last year and got second this year.

That is an odd way of showing you hate a player.

The NBA has always spread around mvp awards. Even Iverson won one over Shaq. Barkley won in 1993. No one seriously thinks Iverson was better than Shaq, or that Barkley was better than Jordan or Hakeem.

2. Tadow

Tadow Member

I'm kind of liking the idea that we will be most hated organization next year. It will give the players a chip on their shoulder

3. Mr. Clutch

I'm kind of hating the idea that Rockets fans whine about the media nonstop.

hooroo and BeardNation13 like this.
  4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Missed it

5. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

In my mind harden has been the mvp the past 4 seasons I don’t need anyone to validate my opinion.

Rocket River likes this.
  6. tc0330

tc0330 Member

if the votes were CLOSE and harden got second i wouldnt care so much thinking ok, it was close, thats fair. but losing by a mile after a HISTORIC season? thats just f*cked up.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  7. tc0330

tc0330 Member

im just mad for him.

8. Mr. Clutch

Well he got 23 first place votes and a lot of 2nd place votes. It's not like they didn't vote for Harden at all.

PlayBall likes this.
  9. tc0330

tc0330 Member

idk why i was mad about it. im trying not to be. id like for the thread to get pushed down but it keeps popping back and reminding me.

10. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

The only reason it should matter now is something that Morey has brought up in the past and gotten public backlash for is that These votes and awards are determining contracts now. How big of an extension, max, Supermax you get is tied to these awards now. These media driven awards and narratives is now determining contracts. The media shouldn’t be playing a role in how nBA contracts are determined. Off the court dollars sure that makes sense. But not on court salary worthiness.

topfive likes this.
  11. Mr. Clutch

Yeah that's terrible. First of all voting awards are terrible (how did Hakeem only win one mvp?) But tying it to contracts is nuts.

BallaDoc likes this.
  12. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Every media voter had Harden 1st or 2nd on their ballot this year. So much hate!

I guarantee you a fan vote would not look nearly as good for Harden as that.

topfive, PlayBall and BallaDoc like this.
  13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

4 MVP seasons in a row without a single Finals appearance. That would be yet another record for him.

14. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

The one solace I take from this mvp loss and the insufferable Mil fans I faced this year is now they are on the hook for a super max. Congrats on the MVP and conference finals smacking now you get to possibly pay max for Middleton. Keep Bledsoe at current rate. Who knows how much Lopez goes for. Brogdon potentially on his max slot. And pay giannis 49 million. Put up or shut up time.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  15. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

ANYTHING the Rockets do is amplified and scrutinized! We own the league!! In the last five years Harden has dominated the sport, coming in 1st, or second 4times!! Anypoopoo can’t carry Beards jockstraps, much less wear his size!! I don’t care who they celebrated as the MVP last night, the REAL MVP is frolicking with panda bears and eating Dragon food right now!!

Good times! Good times indeed!!!:)

Rocket River and dmoneybangbang like this.
  16. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

17. HP3

HP3 Member

Alright PJ, that one was kind bad. :eek:

Hmc415 likes this.
  18. Mr. Clutch

Gobert probably deserved it but he does whine a lot

19. seeingred

seeingred Member

Being classy and civil is really a tacit agreement that I'll clap for you on your good days and you do the same. We have no such agreement with the league or the media. They **** on us And repeat the same outdated narratives over and over. "Harden doesn't play defense" - Harden becomes top 5 in steals and shows elite (per the #'s) post play.

They (continually) pick the wrong mvp's because they hate our team, our best player, and our city. So f*ck them.

20. dmoneybangbang

It’s just more about “moving goalposts” and the “popularity contest” of something that affects money.

Not to mention the ESPN gif of Giannis smacking the MVP trophy at Harden. The media both gets to bash the rockets then bash us when have the nerve to stand up to it.

clutchdabear and HP3 like this.