1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who is behind all of this?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by finsraider, Jun 18, 2019.

1. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Lakers, Warriors, Blazers, Nuggets, other teams in the West.

They’re scared and trying to blow things up to screw with us. Guessing that come late July, when the dust settles, that this won’t even be a story anymore.

2. finsraider

finsraider Member

Didn’t think of that one. Yeah...I can totally buy that.

Morey May have talked to the Lakers about dumping CP3 into their space before the Davis trade. Now the Lakers see Houston as their biggest threat next season, and are trying to keep us from getting better in free agency.

I can buy it.

everyday eddie, Tfor3 and Dacamel like this.
  3. Ericonomist

Ericonomist Member

one of the assistant coaches that were fired?

BaselineFade and tinman like this.
  4. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Might not be inside the Rockets. Didn't tilman say they got screwed at the trade deadline by some team?

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

my money would be on the dudes we let go this summer if I had to guess...salty ass snitches trying to blow our issues way out of proportion and divide the team

6. MystikArkitect

Thought he was sending a private message again.

RyanB likes this.
  7. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

The Rockets front office needs to run a tighter ship. Firing the coaching staff and the contract impasse with MDA (right before free agency) is very real, it's ongoing and has been far too public. The conflict between some of the players over the Rockets offense may be overblown, but we know there's at least some truth to it. And... these star athletes like to be talked about. The publicity boosts their "brand."

You give sites like Yahoo and these sports media types something to talk about and they're going to run with it like the vultures they are.

apollo33 and J.R. like this.
  8. macan

macan Member

gotta be one of those assistant coach that we let go earlier

9. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

10. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Fokkin’ Bzldik!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  11. Possum

Possum Member

It’s disgusting how the west coast media is sucking LAs DK now. Every story is about how great they are now and how they can have anyone else they want. Kawhi is practically already a laker.

D-rock likes this.
  12. shinjirod

shinjirod Member

Guys, this is obviously BJ Armstrong using his leverage to get DMo a max contract.

MystikArkitect likes this.
  13. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Probably Danuel House Jr and his agent seeing Rockets don’t have that guarantee contract offer anymore trying to get Rockets to clear some cap space for him.

Vivi and tinman like this.
  14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

It all started with Morey telling his pal Woj to leak out that he's aggressively looking to trade. Then Toad Smith instigates by saying there will be fireworks. Then Morey does a repent tour saying we are not trading CP3.

Mr. Clutch, apollo33 and J.R. like this.
  15. Rasheed

Rasheed Member

It was this nibba
    [​IMG]

LUK3, Vivi, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  16. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Morey probably started calling other GM's after the Golden State game only to hear zero viable offers, meanwhile Durant tears his Achilles and Klay his ACL. Morey is like Shieeet might as well run it back again since we can't get anything out of CP3 anyway.

I'm thinking most of the reports were from Morey shopping earlier in the playoffs

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I mean we know they shopped cp3 whether he demanded it or not

J.R. likes this.
  18. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

It’s all media driven. I doubt the coaches that got let go is on this level of salty.

Think about it: drama sells right? What NBA team is more universally disliked than Houston? The media can’t turn on GSW because they just had two of their guys going down with injury. They don’t go after a team like the Knicks because they’re irrelevant. Lakers? Would have been an easy target if not for the fact that they got AD.

If one media outlet (espn) reports it, another one will want to capture those clicks by sensationalizing it even more so (yahoo). Am I saying Shams tweet about Morey trying to trade CP3 is fake? Nope because it probably did happen but CP3 ain’t going to cry about it. That’s not his M.O. I’m saying that to keep the NBA news feed on the front page and to fill up time between the Finals and Thursday’s draft they need an easy target.

Like I said in the other thread, I’ll believe all of this if/when CP3 comes out and says it. He has nothing to lose by publicly saying he wants to be traded.

RyanB and RayRay10 like this.
  19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bingo

20. Mr Chuck Norris

I definitely think its him. He still feels shitty about Harden not wanting to recruit him and winning MVP over him

Dacamel and RyanB like this.