1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yahoo! Sources: Chris Paul wants out of Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jun 18, 2019.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Now you guys see why I've advocated the blow it up approach.

Harden has issues with other stars. Be it personality, or just not liking the on court style, or whatever.

And the other stars we can get always have issues themselves.

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wonder If someone is trying to make Jimmy Butler or potential Free Agents think twice about going to Houston. Super odd to see all this wacky news coming out right as we attempt to make deals.

MarioKissoDeath, HP3, mikol13 and 2 others like this.
  3. Vivi

Vivi Member

Chris Haynes is, not sure about Goodwill, i honestly don't remember any breaking news come out from him.

4. 1Deep

1Deep Member

So you think Harden and Paul are on good terms right now?

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

The only superstar janes had played with in Houston is season 1 of Chris Paul

adw, RichieBanks and RudyTBag like this.
  6. rockets13champs

UTSA2step and tc0330 like this.
  7. JW86

JW86 Member

It’s not about whether it’s true or not anymore, it’s about understanding the Rockets need for change of play and approach to building a roster. Let the fake news keep coming, the perception will force changes that won’t come otherwise.

Why not? likes this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

i doubt its to the point of what these random stories are trying to make it out to be. i'm glad they were both frustrated. it shows how bad they want to win. but people will believe what they want to believe.

9. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

This is getting tiring. If he really wants out just trade him for scraps and get this crap over with.

Sure we will suck again, but at least we won’t have to keep hearing about his contract and how he is washed everyday.

He should want out at this point. Guy gets this team further than anyone else vs a healthy GS team and the fans and the organization turned on him as soon as he lost a step.

If the team truly is or was shopping him, I don’t blame him if he wants out. Just get it over with already so James can be happy again.

I guess this means that we ain’t changing the system lol. It’s been real CP.

10. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I agree. When Dan Patrick asked Morey if Chris has demanded a trade, he said NO twice. When I heard it, I just didn't believe it. I don't blame him though, he didn't want to lower his return. Now it's on Chris to find a taker because Morey isn't going to want to listen to the offers he'll be getting.

tc0330 likes this.
  11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

2nd straight utterly embarrassing offseason for Houston.

We’re done.

12. Fantasma Negro

Chicago, Miami, Phoenix. One of them should bite. Never wanted him, so good riddance

13. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Dunno, this article sounds weird and is poorly written. Even if 30% of this is true, its not good.

A lot of it is, Chris this Chris that, so I doubt its coming from Chris' camp

14. OKCRocket

OKCRocket Member

So, Paul and Harden weren't talking when the Rockets posted the best record in the NBA after the all-star break? Maybe players getting along doesn't matter.

BMoney and justtxyank like this.
  15. sogood.

sogood. Member

We also want you out but nobody wants your **** contact CP.

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The only way this stuff can end is for Chris Paul to shut it down like he did last year about his alleged feud with Tad Brown and the Rockets front office.

17. tc0330

tc0330 Member

i think our best trade partners now with CP "available" are suns lakers and boston.

18. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

IMO this seems plausible, but i think some of this is on MDA and Harden. MDA probably didn't hold Harden as accountable once everyone was back, but it can be hard to blame the guy who was averaging over 36ppg and helped keep the team afloat throughout the season. Paul as great as he is was not great at all in the post season and looked horrible in the GS series outside of game 6. Paul is also at fault if he played at the levels he did last season I think Harden would be far more willing to defer like he did last season.

If this true well its unfortunate but I think the Rockets definitely will be lucky if they can get 50 cents on the dollar for Paul in terms of talent

everyday eddie and xaos like this.
  19. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

you must be young. i forget that the god damn pelicans are an nba team and that new orleans as a team. i'll still slip up and call Washington, the bullets

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

i wonder what 2 month time frame neither of them spoke to each other LOL

JamesC likes this.