1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen A Smith - “Chris Paul wants out”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheSource, Jun 14, 2019.

1. tc0330

tc0330 Member

Rockets are screwed now lol

2. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

so is there any truth to this or was it pure speculation? Likes for anyone who can spare me reading the last 18 pages. Also i can't think about Stephen Smith without conjuring his voice in my head, and i can't think of a more annoying sound.

3. hooroo

hooroo Member

SAS is the guy players talk to personally when they want a message leaked out to the media.

4. MD_in_Training

No... but that doesn’t mean he isn’t a negative asset/liability.

5. lurgar

lurgar Member

Stephen A Smith would never decry his personal integrity as to such profess such a deplorable, derelict, demeaning demonstration.

But really, who the **** knows? It seemed to me he was kinda deflecting to Windhorst -- the same guy who went on a rant about how much he wanted to Rockets to lose.

Aruba77 likes this.
  6. tc0330

tc0330 Member

Anybody that says rox need to “run it back” because “the west is wide open” now are delusional AF

Texanstradamus and cheke64 like this.
  7. BigBum

BigBum Member

It means he is tradable.

8. BigBum

BigBum Member

Bench will be a key to success, has to trade Paul.
    Run it back is murder itself.

9. solid

solid Contributing Member

The feeling is mutual, but who exactly wants to trade for him? That salary is horrific. His departure would likely be more of a salary dump than a way of making the team better.

10. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Paul only played in the first 5 games of the 30 point streak. We won the first 4 and lost the one he got injured in by 2 points.

Which is the point. I’m sure Harden didn’t pick Paul to watch him sit on the bench 30 games per season forcing him to score 30 points a night just to make the playoffs. And then pray to the heavens he can last 10-20 games in the playoffs without going down again.

The only people surprised that other stars want to play with James Harden are literally the haters.

CP ain’t no dummy, remember? He can clearly see how good he is. Wouldn’t have agreed to come here if he thought Harden was a losing choker.

Coco Afable and BMoney like this.
  11. Texanstradamus

If CP3 truly wanted to win he would have taken a pay cut to get one more really good player here Oh well

BMoney likes this.
  12. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

I'm hoping Harden leaves. You haters will finally realize how awful we are without Harden.

If it wasn't for Harden we wouldn't have been in no damn playoffs for you people to b**** about Harden not "caring" in the playoffs. Where the heck was Paul for 5 out of the 6 games against the Warriors?

You can't blame the system if it was working last year. You can blame players like Capela and Paul not performing when it mattered the most. Heck, it's also on MDA for not picking the rights players for certain games.

These type of posts are so dumb.

RocketOrg and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  13. mastan

mastan Member

CP3 was the only star player willing to be Harden's sidekick... now even he has problem with Harden and his style of play.

It is very unlikely Rockets will be able to convince another star player to play sidekick to Harden.... the more realistic scenario that Rockets will be able to get is some decent role players. But Rockets may not win anything with that.

14. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

How is it on Harden's style of play if CP3 plays basically the same type of way? CP3 has a lot of the ball when he's out there with Harden.... he just can't do jack **** with it like he used to. He's declined.... and he's not going to get back to how he used to play. Heck, Paul will probably miss another 20 to 30 games next season.

15. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Good job trying to spin this around lol.

16. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Regardless of how CP3 feels, i'm sure he'll be professional. After all, he's being paid well to do a job.

That said, i think the odds of moving Cp3 this off-season decreased quite a bit with Durant and Klay's injuries. The warriors are not going to be the #1 seed in the west next year. As long as age and injury aren't too formidable to overcome, Houston could be right back where they were with Clint, Gordon, PJ, Harden and CP3; perhaps add another impact player. That's a team that can be back competing for the WCF. And i just don't think Morey is gonna risk that to get CP3 off the books; not unless it's a clear upgrade for the team.

The dynamic in the West has changed. Houston, LA, Portland, Denver ...it's wide open. I don't see us making a major move this off-season. Let's pray we can add an impact player at the 4; move PJ back to his natural position at the 3. Have Gordon come off the bench; saving his body a bit.

17. mastan

mastan Member

It's not me but media has reported CP3's problem with Harden's style.

CP3's style is pass first and Harden's is pass last (unless Capela is open for a catch and dunk).

Yes CP3 played bad in playoffs , so did Harden to a lesser degree may be. Harden is not a closer, last season CP3 was closer for Rockets until he got injured in game 5 against GS. Now CP3 is not the same player anymore, so Rockets do not have any closer.

18. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Lakers have one max slot left.......

19. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

You must not watch Harden a lot then. He passes an awful lot, just his teammates are too busy missing wide open shots. If those guys could be consistent enough, Harden would average 10 plus assists a game. That's facts.

And Harden did not play bad in the playoffs. Check his playoffs numbers. He shot better than last year. He averaged more points than last season.

darksoul35 likes this.
  20. mastan

mastan Member

PJ's natural position is at the bench...I think Rockets better off PJ coming off from bench..and I agree that if he's starting it should be at 3.

PJ may be a hustle guy who gives his 100%, but his 100% is not always good enough. He's a offensive liability in many games.