1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen A Smith - “Chris Paul wants out”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheSource, Jun 14, 2019.

1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Jebus man... at some point don't you realize they're spewing hate and you're buying it?

D-rock likes this.
  2. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Lol man up bro that's what comes with being a fan defending your team against idiots

3. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Why do one of the two have to go?

4. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Sounds like being a Rockets fan is too tough for you. Good. Go away.

5. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

So 17 pages in, it's abundantly clear SAS was talking completely out of his a$$. No one of significance has even remotely backed this up, and SAS never knows anything that someone else doesn't know.

BeBreezy and Patience like this.
  6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I finally got a chance to watch this clip.

The SAS CP3 comment was the least interesting bit there. Windhorst getting real about Tillman not looking like an owner serious about winning should have been the headline.

Owners doing what Tillman did last year shake up a franchise far more than your 3rd best player maybe or maybe not wanting out. You wiggle around with that piece on the Jenga Tower and watch everything start to shake and get wobbly.

Richie_Rich and BMoney like this.
  7. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Lmao!! So the guy playing basically blind doesn’t play with heart but the dude missing layups and flopping all over the floor does? My god, are we watching the same game?

Denovo, Richie_Rich and D-rock like this.
  8. Hard_foul

Hard_foul Member

Let’s be honest here. If cp actually wants out, it has nothing to do with Harden. He wants out because he knew how the nba would gift the lakers.

9. Asian Sensation

If I was CP3 I’d want out as well. He didn’t pick Houston to stand around and watch Harden go 1 on 5 while he chases meaningless 30 point game streaks.

CP ain’t no dummy. He knows Harden’s hero ball style and refusal to play without the ball is a recipe for failure. I hope they can co-exist because we’ve seen flashes of how good they can be but Harden’s gotta be willing to move and play off the ball more. There’s no other way.

If CP does end up getting traded it’s 100% on Harden and we’ll never have another star that wants to come play alongside Harden. I was actually surprised when Chris originally requested a trade here and wanted to play with Harden after that loser performance against the Spurs.

LosPollosHermanos and cheke64 like this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I dun think he wants out per se but I do think he has expanded his mind on other teams that can contend.

11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

If Rockets trade Harden and fire Dantoni while replacing them with the right guys we will find out our team is better than we think.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, that article credited SA Smith as the first guy who knew about Lebron teaming up with Bosh and Wade. He was roasted for it.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/6/12/18662086/stephen-a-smith-never-wrong-nba

13. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Like “CP wants out” ESPN headline orrrrr

“CP willing to ax his own contract to get out”

Because if he really wants to play elsewhere, it won’t be on this contract. Tear it up then. The Rockets don’t owe him a favor unless I’ve missed a huge something. Neither does he owe them anything but professional basketball skills. Rockets using another good player to get rid of his contract is stupidity.

So, Chris... come play like only you can next season for a price only available in Houston. Or tear up your own contract and let both parties move on.

Richie_Rich and MD_in_Training like this.
  14. BigBum

BigBum Member

My crazy question is
    is there a way to force Paul to opt out? It’s easier to trade him.
    He has player option.

#334 BigBum, Jun 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  15. MD_in_Training

He picked Houston because we are the only team out there willing to max out an aging short point guard due to the fact that our window is narrow. Him wanting out now is complete idiocy. Who does he actually think will want him and that albatross of a contract? There are only a few contenders in this league in the near future and none of those teams will take him.
    If a young team wants him for “veteran leadership” then fine. He can go rot in Phoenix or Orlando.

Blurr#7 likes this.
  16. BigBum

BigBum Member

Teams that want to make playoffs need him, not suns.
    Reporters suggest that bucks or 76ers take him.

17. MD_in_Training

Name one team that would take him and that contract.

18. BigBum

BigBum Member

Jazz or heat

19. MD_in_Training

No they won’t.

20. BigBum

BigBum Member

You are basically saying Paul contract is the worst in the nba?
    Worse than Ryan Anderson?