1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources (ok just me) Rockets to run it back

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Wulaw Horn, Jun 11, 2019.

1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Props to you for liking a post like that.

amaru likes this.
  2. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

The warriors run is over with or without KD now that he’s ruptured his Achilles.

Will the be in the hunt? Forsure

But there is teams that can and will beat them we’re seeing It now in the finals.

They don’t have that competitive edge they’ve had the last 5 years.

The Rockets can easily be in the finals and win next year if they run it back.

Imo they should bring everyone back and go for it again.

If healthy they can win 55-60 games and have the 1 seed and a easy 1st and 2nd round.

Our team is good if you like the bucks GS or raptors more that’s fine but imo their all on even playing field with Houston.

I will take those odds all day.

The KD injury (and it sucks that he went down) has opened the door for this team to run it back again.

Now is the time to try and grab jimmy butler more than ever.

We’re good as is but adding butler would put us in the drivers seat to the finals imo.

hakeem94 and Wulaw Horn like this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

there's some truth to what you're saying here but this is pretty much assuming GS stands pat and doesn't retool themselves. They're not just going to sit back without trying to improve at certain positions themselves. GS will be recruiting guys just like anyone else.

4. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

That depends. They will be pretty much cap-strapped by signing either Durant or Klay to max contracts if not both. A GS line-up of Steph, Klay, Green will most definitely still be in the mix, but will be a little more vulnerable. It's possible the Clippers/Lakers make additions (Kawhi, Anthony Davis) that might become more formidable obstacles, and even if Kawhi sticks with Toronto, they'll also be in the way. It's just not clear to me how the Rockets can truly upgrade unless they get one of these unlikely stars. All of the proposed trades involving Capela, Gordon, etc seem close to lateral moves at best in my opinion

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

maybe so but GS has had the biggest payroll for the last several years during their run. they've shown little reason that they wouldn't be willing to spend. moving into a brand new arena next year, I'm not ready to assume its just over for them as much as op or some others want to believe. Their core guys are still in their prime. agree, they're not as big as the juggernaut with KD playing. funny people are admitting that now, when people really wanted to believe they're better without him just days ago. which was pure nonsense. But they will still be a legit title contender and any upgrades to their depth will make it that much tougher for everyone else.

6. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

GSW even without Durant but a healthy Cousins will be way too much for our run it back team. Cousins will make BBQ chicken out of Capela and Curry always finds a way past Harden int he playoffs

7. AzCkR

AzCkR Member

they ain't even that good

8. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

I won’t feel confident about next year until the Rockets get Butler or Klay leaves for LA.

9. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Are you *****s out of your minds? There was nothing decisive about this years series. At all.

10. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

It’s a full rupture. Prime Durant is done.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

12. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Green is a world class jackass and wrong about most things. Prediction confirmed.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

How can they improve if they resign kd and klay.

Both will be out the whole year.

They have to resign those guys.

The dooor is open for houston, this is our year coming up.

They don’t have the money to do anything.

The run is over.

Signing both will put them 200m above the luxury tax that’s insane.

Really is comes down to houston and if the lakers get AD for the finals in the west imo.

Time to go all in this is our year.

14. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

who would you take in a rockets vs AD-Lakers WCF ?

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

theres always some way to do something. strange things happen all the time especially for GS

the doors been open for the last 2 years for houston but things happen and its wider now that they loss 2 of their best players. but the loss of klay now, may have altered some decision making for houston i believe

16. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Do you people believe me now?
    I wasn’t expecting Klay to get hurt last night obviously, but did say that they would absolutely wear down from the lid of all they’ve accomplished and being without KD (though I thought Steph more likely than Klay)
    It is what it is- **** doesn’t last forever. Golden state is basically over.

If I were them (and KD would do it) I would max KD and Klay, trade green for draft picks, tank with Curry basically taking a redshirt year along with Klay and KD, make 2 or 3 picks at the top of the draft and hope I could get 2 pieces to go along. I’d let looney walk, try to get anything I could for Iggy and reset for the next 4 or 5 years while Steph, KD and Klay finish out their primes and the guys you got for Green and tanking play out their rookie contracts.

If KD doesn’t re-sign I let Klay walk as well, shed Iggy if I can move off him for nothing, clear cap and sign a max level guy to go with Steph and Green. Then I move on from Green at the end of 2020 when his contract is up.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

the unexpected loss of klay changed everything. with him, GS is still a title contendor. now without him, they're not. Has nothing to do with anyone believing you. that's not something you or anyone anticipated but as we all know injuries happen and can instantly change the dynamic of a team

18. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

I’m not really worried about the Lakers and AD. They’d have to trade away all their other pieces to get him, Lebron is old and thru winning titles as a max level super star etc

Clippers with Leonard and someone are scary and probably better than us. I’d like the Rockets over clippers with just Leonard as an add.

Houston would have been 75/25 to beat this raptors squad imo. Fully healthy dubs that we saw in our series before KD got hurt takes down this raptors team in 5, 6 at the absolute max.

Really would love to see Houston use the entire mid level on Brook Lopez. He’s on brand for what we do and that makes Milwaukee worse- who right now is the only team in the league I’d feel like we have to get lucky to beat in a best of 7

19. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

That was my entire point. The nba season was long and a grind and without KD something was going to happen. It did. Earlier than I thought. I figured it would be Steph rolling ankles or pulling a hamstring or tweaking a knee or something like that. When you are playing balls to the wall all the time that stuff happens (or just general fatigue leading to ineffectiveness).
    Seriously, it wasn’t inevitable but it was foreseeable and likely, which was my contention in running it back- that there was an opportunity there.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

nobody saw klay tearing an acl period