1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources (ok just me) Rockets to run it back

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Wulaw Horn, Jun 11, 2019.

1. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

Also a roster of Rondo Butler Lebron AD and possibly Mcgee will not be easy to beat

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Let's Swim Back or Surf Back. All started in the Bahamas.

dc rock likes this.
  3. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Rebuild with what- vet minimums and about $7,000,000 in tax payer MLE, all while staring down the luxury tax bill of eleventy billion dollars?
    Nah, they taking a massive step back.
    Everyone is emotionally overheated after coming up short again. It was never real likely we were beating them at more or less full strength. They played 5 quarters against us without KD. On raw emotion. Without being gassed. That looks a lot different without him carrying the load all year.

4. rockets13champs

That makes then our first round matchup if we bring back the same squad

5. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

The hope is strong with this one.

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

run it back with the same old, short, slow roster with everyone now a year older and CP0 declining further...yeah, aight...

other teams will continue to get better while the Rockets continue “running it back”

Mazulis likes this.
  7. BigBum

BigBum Member

Run it back is in high risk.
    If kd were 50% tear, he returns in March.

8. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Ha. That would be amazingly terrible. If they are depleted next year and running on fumes the last thing you would want is the dead cat bounce of playing them in the first round. That'd be awful.

My way too early top 8 in the west

Clippers (Leonard and someone else- maybe Butler)
    Houston
    Denver
    Lakers (Davis trade or something else really splashy)
    Jazz
    Warriors
    Mavs
    Blazers

OKC and SAS on the outside looking in as the Mavs and Lakers come get their spots. Sacto in the lotto again. Memphis, NO, and the Suns all just abjectly terrible (but interesting in Memphis and NO at least). MInny is the 11th seed with KAT. He's on the Kevin Love career path.

9. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Look- it's not running it back with the same exact roster. I'm just saying there aren't going to be wholesale changes and at least 4 of the 5 guys starting for us in the playoffs are starting this year- but my bet is all 5. When I say run it back I mean, really that Harden, Paul, Tucker and at least 1 of Gordon and Capella start the year with the squad.

10. BigBum

BigBum Member

It’s 154 million with Livingston retirement 14 rosters.
    228 mil with tax, 80 million profit.

tc0330 likes this.
  11. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

I said I wanted KD to opt in. My bet, though, is he doesn't and ends up signing a max with the Knicks and does his redshirt year there.
    Now, if they could get him to sign a 5 year max with the Warriors that's the dubs only shot for another ring in the Curry as a fulcrum of everything they do era.

12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

The warriors without KD have decisively beaten the rockets

13. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Uhmmm, after the wear and tear of 82 games without him? And decisively is now a 2 possession win when the other team has a 7 point lead and he ball with 6 minutes left in the 4th quarter? Okie dokie.

Or do you mean when their big 3 were 4 years younger, our team kind of sucked through the Dwightmare, and their bench was the strongest in the league?

Because neither of those things are happening in 2019/20 season.

14. BigBum

BigBum Member

Do you think knicks would offer Durant 3 years 120 mil contract?
    Knicks could miss playoffs 6 more years if he injures.
    I think nets could make offers.

15. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

My under the radar prediction for this summer:
    Ariza will sign with the Warriors.

With or without Durant, GS feels they just need to add more depth and they’ll be fine; rightfully so. They only have the mid level and minimum contracts to give out so I see them chasing some vets wanting another chance at a ring, like they’ve done in the past.

Roster will look something like:
    Steph Klay Draymond Iggy Looney
    KD (maybe)
    Add: Ariza, McGee (need Center depth, comes cheap and knows system) and a point guard or hope Quinn Cook continues to grow

JoeBarelyCares likes this.
  16. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

It sucks that our chance to win a championship hinges on injuries to KD and Kahwi.

IBTL likes this.
  17. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Yes. The knicks would definitely max him out at 4/160 or whatever his mad total is.

18. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

I love KD. I’m a horn. It’s life in sports. It opens the window for Houston.

19. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed cant rely on war of attrition.

I agree with op that rockets are not as bad off as many doomsday folks here profess.

The real issue is whether tilmafia is legit or not?

It took a lot to get harden after ming/mcgrady and it would be a shame to fire sale.

We can win with harden we need a ownership focused on win now not rebuild or firesale.

Keep hope alive

20. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

This injury does the exact opposite what you hope. The chances of him coming back are higher now. Several doctors on Twitter have already stated that he doesn’t have a full year. He could be back by the All star break.